ADVERTISEMENT

Some nasty accusations being made about Walz…

It's a sad balancing act: we need to be ever vigilant about this stuff. Too often, it gets swept under the rug.

But the fear mongering and rumors with zero evidence about people who just want to work with kids is just awful.

I used to serve on the board of my local Little League. We had a couple of older guys who'd been coaching for 20 years. They just loved to coach. And I had neighbors asking me questions about them, accusing them of being pedophiles. Just gross.
Did they take gay kids to Indigo Girls concerts?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Did they take gay kids to Indigo Girls concerts?
I don't know the circumstances. Could you link it? I saw there was a NYT article in August that reported something, but I don't have access to the NYT.

If Walz took a group of lesbian girls to an Indigo Girls concert, would that be a concern? If his wife had? Did he have parental permission?

Without knowing more, though, I'll admit that if Walz took one gay teenager to an Indigo Girls concert without parental consent, I'd find that extremely concerning.

I don't know the circumstances. Could you link it? I saw there was a NYT article in August that reported something, but I don't have access to the NYT.

If Walz took a group of lesbian girls to an Indigo Girls concert, would that be a concern? If his wife had? Did he have parental permission?

Without knowing more, though, I'll admit that if Walz took one gay teenager to an Indigo Girls concert without parental consent, I'd find that extremely concerning.
NYT seems to support the indigo girls trip. In fairness the indigo girls were pretty damn good with that one cd. He might be straight and used the gay kids as a cover so he could go

NYT seems to support the indigo girls trip. In fairness the indigo girls were pretty damn good with that one cd. He might be straight and used the gay kids as a cover so he could go
He didn't take the kid alone. It was he and his wife. Guess she's in on it, too?

Ha - I think someone posted that he went in 1995. I also went to an Indigo Girls show that year with my college girlfriend. I've never had the desire to go see them before or since, but women can make you do strange things.

If true, Harris should replace him on the ticket. Not sure how you blame her for not knowing, though.

If a concocted story, those responsible should be jailed. Crying wolf like this does real damage to attracting good people to work with kids, not to mention it makes it more difficult for people who suffer real abuse to come forward and receive justice.

No matter what, this is a disturbing turn of events in our politics.
Replacing someone unpopular on the ticket is sort of Action A in the 2024 Democratic election handbook.

I’m not sure what point you’re making here. I agree we can’t trust random twitter posting and accusations but yabutting doesn’t do anything.
I had no idea what the accusations that could ruin Walz were at that point. I threw out some things that would have ended the political career of a normal politician.

Ha - I think someone posted that he went in 1995. I also went to an Indigo Girls show that year with my college girlfriend. I've never had the desire to go see them before or since, but women can make you do strange things.
Then Sarah mcclahlan came along and kicked them into oblivion. Not unlike what nirvana and Pearl Jam did to the hair metal ballad

If true, Harris should replace him on the ticket. Not sure how you blame her for not knowing, though.

If a concocted story, those responsible should be jailed. Crying wolf like this does real damage to attracting good people to work with kids, not to mention it makes it more difficult for people who suffer real abuse to come forward and receive justice.

No matter what, this is a disturbing turn of events in our politics.

Whether real or not, this "story" did the damage it was intended to because people don't take the time and see if actual facts come out in support of the accusations or not.... people see it so they're going to run with it.

Sad really.

At this point it's an unsubstantiated rumor. I think it's important to point that out, given the far-right's penchant for trying to pin gross and wildly off rumors about children and Democrats (see Comet Ping Pong and the batshit crazy rumors about the Clintons).

That said, if it's true it's horrible. I'll error on the side of thinking it's some weird QANON conspiracy though.
Now do Trump Won Because of Russia!

Whether real or not, this "story" did the damage it was intended to because people don't take the time and see if actual facts come out in support of the accusations or not.... people see it so they're going to run with it.

Sad really.
That’s why it’s always best to sit back and let the dream team do what it does. We’ll work though it. There’s no problem there

Now you're finally seeing what has happened to Trump for the last 8 years.
There is no doubt that there were probably unsubstantiated rumors about Trump in the last decade or so. But there are hard, undeniable and numerous facts that should have disqualified him from office, but somehow didn't.

This Ian Carrol guy deserves to be followed:

Trump ordered the files released but Pompeo wouldn't do it. Trump should've overruled him which he has promised to do next year. Pompeo was on FNC a while back and when asked why he didn't release all of the files he said he released most but not all as he had to "protect the country". 👀

Also see what Napolitano said here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT