ADVERTISEMENT

So when was the last time IU played at the Rose Bowl? Nt

Cignetti's thoughts on playing in the historic Rose Bowl for the first time since 1968:

"We're just going to an old stadium to kick somebody's ass."

😎🍺🇺🇸
When I first read that quote I thought it was fake. Holy shit. He actually said it.

My view is if you say something like that (and provide what used to be called “bulletin board material” in the process), you’d better deliver.

Go Hoosiers!

When I first read that quote I thought it was fake. Holy shit. He actually said it.

My view is if you say something like that (and provide what used to be called “bulletin board material” in the process), you’d better deliver.

Go Hoosiers!
This quote is getting pulled out of context a bit. He’s just saying the stadium may be cool for the fans, but he and the team don’t care, they’re just there to win.

“We’re just going to an old stadium to kick somebody’s (butt),” Cignetti said. “When I say that, that’s not directed toward UCLA. That’s the objective every week. Look, I know that 1967, we were there and we haven’t been there since and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. We’re not going out on a cruise or for a tour. We’re going out to play a football game. We got a job to do.”

This quote is getting pulled out of context a bit. He’s just saying the stadium may be cool for the fans, but he and the team don’t care, they’re just there to win.

“We’re just going to an old stadium to kick somebody’s (butt),” Cignetti said. “When I say that, that’s not directed toward UCLA. That’s the objective every week. Look, I know that 1967, we were there and we haven’t been there since and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. We’re not going out on a cruise or for a tour. We’re going out to play a football game. We got a job to do.”
Got it. Thanks.

And was this said during Big Ten media days? I was out of town (in LA, coincidentally) that week and didn’t follow the pressers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Outstanding!

As you reflect on the game and the Rose Bowl experience 56 years later, what stands out? Did you see any old ladies speeding on Colorado Boulevard?
The area has changed quite a bit since the last time IU was there. Coach Cignetti may have the team ready to kick some butt.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
Outstanding!

As you reflect on the game and the Rose Bowl experience 56 years later, what stands out? Did you see any old ladies speeding on Colorado Boulevard?
I was living in Anaheim at the time and went to the parade, too.

Later I went to the Rose Bowl many times because the son of a friend of mine was qb at UCLA.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT