ADVERTISEMENT

So long, 1st Amendment

People fall vicitm to all manner of stupid internet scams every hour. I don’t see the fact that he’s scamming stupid people as exculpatory.
In fact most scams target the stupid. For many years, email scams specifically included misspellings and grammar mistakes. It was a way of weeding out people who might catch on that one wasn't really a Nigerian Prince or not really Bill Gates.

I am beginning to worry that many of us would defend the right of the Nigerian Prince to scam.

Does he have to jump a fence?
Nope. But he gets a free shot of Fireball when he votes.
People fall vicitm to all manner of stupid internet scams every hour. I don’t see the fact that he’s scamming stupid people as exculpatory.
Yes, they do fall victim to scams. This is only a scam if you don't understand irony.

Adding fine print "Paid for by Hillary for President" was a joke?

I imagine it is funny in the same way someone having Police written on their Prius with red lights on top would be funny. Right, no way anyone would think a cop was driving a Prius so it doubtlessly would be legal and covered by the 1st amendment.

The Onion, the Bee, are pretty careful not to fully imitate whomever they are spoofing. There is a reason for that.
Yes, it was a joke.

Yes, they do fall victim to scams. This is only a scam if you don't understand irony.
I consider myself a pretty politically aware guy. I didn’t immediately make the leap from “Vote by text” to “this must be a meme highlighting the irony of democrats not wanting to vote in person”. I don’t even remember all that much to-do about vote by mail until the Covid/ 2020 election either. It was hardly a strong point of contention in 2016.

It seems to me “meme” is a legal defense.

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark

The only reason the pubs want everyone to vote in person and only on Election Day is because they want a low turnout. It’s their only chance of winning a national election.

And the idea that we might be able to vote online has come up often, so potentially voting by text isn’t that far fetched.

The only reason the pubs want everyone to vote in person and only on Election Day is because they want a low turnout. It’s their only chance of winning a national election.

And the idea that we might be able to vote online has come up often, so potentially voting by text isn’t that far fetched.

Right because nothing ever goes wrong with all of the ways the Dems want you to vote does it. Just imagine the dead people in Chicago and the unnecessary burden having to vote in person would put on them.

Reactions: DANC
I guess suggesting people be killed is much better than putting out a meme that no person with any intelligence would take seriously.
Unlike you, I'm not defending memes that encourage gun violence.
I didn't defend anything. Merely pointed out the rank hypocrisy of you being all twisted over an inconsequential twitter post that in your opinion "promotes violence", while seemingly ignoring actual campaign ads that were paid for out of election funds and seemingly viewed by millions...

And speaking of transphobes, maybe the twitter post while tasteless is in response to actual events? I wonder how this young man got so horribly confused and developed such a twisted view of history? Or why certain people within the targeted communities might come to see themselves as threatened?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
I consider myself a pretty politically aware guy. I didn’t immediately make the leap from “Vote by text” to “this must be a meme highlighting the irony of democrats not wanting to vote in person”. I don’t even remember all that much to-do about vote by mail until the Covid/ 2020 election either. It was hardly a strong point of contention in 2016.

Early, Absentee, and Mail Voting​

Overview​

• The percentage of voters who cast their ballots on a voting machine at a polling place on Election Day has declined steadily over the past decade, while the number of states offering early voting, no-excuse absentee voting, and vote by mail has increased.
  • The total number of voters who voted early, absentee or by mail more than doubled from 24.9 million in 2004 to 57.2 million in 2016, representing an increase from one in five of all ballots cast to two in five of all ballots cast.
  • The number of U.S. citizens voting early more than doubled from nearly 10.2 million early ballots cast in 2004 to 24.1 million early ballots cast in 2016.
  • In 2016, 16 states showed a combined percentage of greater than 50 percent of votes cast early, by mail, or via absentee voting.

What about the French? Do they want to supress the vote, because they vote on one day.

The only reason Dems want everyone to vote absentee is so they can commit voter fraud more easily.

What about the French? Do they want to supress the vote, because they vote on one day.

The only reason Dems want everyone to vote absentee is so they can commit voter fraud more easily.
These people are all just totally dumb or mostly just dont care . Anyway they could care less. Remember good old Unclemark telling us all he doesnt care if it is real or not, just as long as they get Trump somehow because he hates him so much. These people have mental problems.

Last edited:
I didn't defend anything. Merely pointed out the rank hypocrisy of you being all twisted over an inconsequential twitter post that in your opinion "promotes violence", while seemingly ignoring actual campaign ads that were paid for out of election funds and seemingly viewed by millions...

And speaking of transphobes, maybe the twitter post while tasteless is in response to actual events? I wonder how this young man got so horribly confused and developed such a twisted view of history? Or why certain people within the targeted communities might come to see themselves as threatened?

Wonder how these people got so misguided. You want to see how stupidly messed up our media is, Google "Trans Nashville School Shooting" and see how far you have to scroll before you get away from articles bemoaning how horrible it is that trans people have it. They can literally have a member of their tribe walk into a school and murder kids and they are still the victims. That isn't a marginalized group, that is a group with special privileges.

Wonder how these people got so misguided. You want to see how stupidly messed up our media is, Google "Trans Nashville School Shooting" and see how far you have to scroll before you get away from articles bemoaning how horrible it is that trans people have it. They can literally have a member of their tribe walk into a school and murder kids and they are still the victims. That isn't a marginalized group, that is a group with special privileges.
You do this all the time. You take ONE incident and use it to generalize and make it seem like it’s a massive problem. You find one outrageous school situation and suddenly it’s in ALL the schools. After all the young white male shooters, you finally got a trans shooter and now use it to stereotype a whole set of problems. I‘m not making excuses, what was done was horrible Exactly what special privileges do you think trans people have? . But if you think trans people aren’t marginalized then you have blinders on.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You do this all the time. You take ONE incident and use it to generalize and make it seem like it’s a massive problem. You find one outrageous school situation and suddenly it’s in ALL the schools. After all the young white male shooters, you finally got a trans shooter and now use it to stereotype a whole set of problems. I‘m not making excuses, what was done was horrible Exactly what special privileges do you think trans people have? . But if you think trans people aren’t marginalized then you have blinders on.
I pretty much laid out the special privelege in my post.

ETA: I also want to edit to add that you always say "1 incident" or a small number whenever these arguments come up. I posted 4 and 3 of them were in the past week. I can pull more for you. They had a "day of vengeance" they had to drop because of optics last week as well. Can you point me to another shooting like this where searching key terms related to the shooting would bring up at least a page of articles worrying about the response to people who share characteristics with the shooter and bemoaning their treatment? Muslims. There is your answer.

I don't think the whole "marginalized community" thing holds sway anymore when you can have what I described above happen. Have a month that celebrates you. Have a member of your tribe murder kids for reasons related to your tribe (and hate for those who do not think like you) and you are still the victim. Have the President celebrating you and bringing a popular beer spokesperson member of your community to the White House to talk to. You can't have all of that (and more) and be marginalized. Popular media is falling all over themselves to tell us how awesome transgenders are. That isn't marginalized.

Last edited:

There wasn't a big deal about voting by mail or absentee voting before 2020. In fact, that kind of voting favored the Republicans. It wasn't until Trump convinced his loyal followers that he could only lose if the election was rigged and he and they suddenly decided everything except voting in person on voting day was rigged for the Democrats. It's all BS, but now they believe the BS and Republicans have lost the advantage they had in absentee and mail in voting as a result.

No. It might be the only way TRUMP could win a national election (though I seriously doubt he could win that way either), but a solid Republican non-Trump candidate can win a national election.

There wasn't a big deal about voting by mail or absentee voting before 2020. In fact, that kind of voting favored the Republicans. It wasn't until Trump convinced his loyal followers that he could only lose if the election was rigged and he and they suddenly decided everything except voting in person on voting day was rigged for the Democrats. It's all BS, but now they believe the BS and Republicans have lost the advantage they had in absentee and mail in voting as a result.
We’ll no. You overreach like all progressives (ik you’re not a progressive but when you get talking Trump your lack of rationality makes you sound like one). Mass mail in voting put in at the 11th hour should alarm everyone. We saw a precipitous drop in the proportion of rejected mail in ballots in 2020, almost certainly due to the fact that the volume was unmanageable. Not to mention opening up weeks of lead time before actual Election Day so when new facts come to light (hello Hunter Biden laptop) said person is unable to change their vote.

There are plenty of legitimate qualms with mail in. It’s inferior and it only justification is laziness for the most part.

You might want to read my post #51, which contradicts what you're saying.

You might want to read my post #51, which contradicts what you're saying.
It doesn't contradict what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that absentee and mail in voting used to favor Republicans, now it doesn't, and we have Trump and his hard core supporters to thank for that.

It doesn't contradict what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that absentee and mail in voting used to favor Republicans, now it doesn't, and we have Trump and his hard core supporters to thank for that.
No, that's not all you said: "There wasn't a big deal about voting by mail or absentee voting before 2020."

It was a big deal and you're thinking of 20 years ago, when only people like military and snow-birds in Florida voted absentee.

It was a big deal by 2016, whether you remember it that way or not.

No, that's not all you said: "There wasn't a big deal about voting by mail or absentee voting before 2020."

It was a big deal and you're thinking of 20 years ago, when only people like military and snow-birds in Florida voted absentee.

It was a big deal by 2016, whether you remember it that way or not.
You're right. I left out "for Republicans" after "big deal." I thought it was clear I was talking about Republicans - specifically hard-core Trump supporters, aka Trumpsters.

Up until 2020, voting absentee/mail in, favored Republicans in just about every state and local district. We know what changed. Hell, if I believed Trump and the followers he duped with his lies about voting that way, I wouldn't vote that way either.

You're right. I left out "for Republicans" after "big deal." I thought it was clear I was talking about Republicans - specifically hard-core Trump supporters, aka Trumpsters.

Up until 2020, voting absentee/mail in, favored Republicans in just about every state and local district. We know what changed. Hell, if I believed Trump and the followers he duped with his lies about voting that way, I wouldn't vote that way either.
First of all, I don't believe your claim that absentee voting favored Republicans prior to 2020, but if you've got a link, please post it.

As far as what changed, the cacophony caused by Stacey Abrams claim that the election was stolen from her made absentee voting the Democrat Holy Grail.

So, yes, I do believe voting that way opened the 2020 election for widespread voter fraud, particularly in swing states. Anyone who watched on election night could see it. I said it when vote counting stopped in Fulton County, GA, because of a 'water main' break that turned out to be nothing more than an overflowing urinal.

First of all, I don't believe your claim that absentee voting favored Republicans prior to 2020, but if you've got a link, please post it.

As far as what changed, the cacophony caused by Stacey Abrams claim that the election was stolen from her made absentee voting the Democrat Holy Grail.

So, yes, I do believe voting that way opened the 2020 election for widespread voter fraud, particularly in swing states. Anyone who watched on election night could see it. I said it when vote counting stopped in Fulton County, GA, because of a 'water main' break that turned out to be nothing more than an overflowing urinal.
It's long been known that Republicans benefitted most from absentee voting in most states. That's because those using it typically skewed Republican such as the military and older voters. You should already know that, but if you don't want to believe it, that's on you.

I'm not going to get in a bad faith argument with you again about voting. You claim widespread voter fraud again and it's not been proven anywhere. It's a lie told by Trump to ease the pain of his loss and to dupe his followers. Guess you were duped and we're done on this subject once again. You can have the last word. I'm out on this one.

It's long been known that Republicans benefitted most from absentee voting in most states. That's because those using it typically skewed Republican such as the military and older voters. You should already know that, but if you don't want to believe it, that's on you.

I'm not going to get in a bad faith argument with you again about voting. You claim widespread voter fraud again and it's not been proven anywhere. It's a lie told by Trump to ease the pain of his loss and to dupe his followers. Guess you were duped and we're done on this subject once again. You can have the last word. I'm out on this one.
If you read my post above about absentee voters being snow-birds and military, you'd know I made your exact point in your first paragraph. Do you even bother to read my posts? I said it happened 20 years ago, but what about now? No link?

I said voting by mail opens up a much better chance of voter fraud - I don't think that's a controversial statement, except to those who are quite defensive about any suggestion of voter fraud.

Here is one state, Texas, where a hgher percentage of Republicans used to use mail-in but that has change.

From another article, "Both parties had posted similar rates of mail voting in 2016 and 2012."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT