ADVERTISEMENT

So hard to watch, were the last 30 mins any better?

.Gerdis

All-Big Ten
Dec 10, 2003
I went to bed halfway through the first. It was such an irritating game to watch. Whistle after whistle. Lengthy annoying stoppages to figure out the clock.

Looks like it was a close game, with multiple players fouling out.

Must have been ugly to watch.

Either way, I got my 8 hours of sleep, so it was a good night. It was just another basketball game, so no big deal that I missed it. That’s the great thing about having a program that has been on a downward trajectory for 20 years. While still an IU fan that wants to see us win, it just matters less and less to me with each passing season.

Reactions: ncthomas31
I went to bed halfway through the first. It was such an irritating game to watch. Whistle after whistle. Lengthy annoying stoppages to figure out the clock.

Either way, I got my 8 hours of sleep, so it was a good night. It was just another basketball game, so no big deal that I missed it. That’s the great thing about having a program that has been on a downward trajectory for 20 years. While still an IU fan that wants to see us win, it just matters less and less to me with each passing season.
Cmon. There is nothing good about supporting this team through most of the last 10 years, except the sheer number of masochists who still do it. It was an ugly, frustrating game. Still no idea how you can turn it off, but I understand the trajectory of our fans more than I do the team.

Cmon. There is nothing good about supporting this team through most of the last 10 years, except the sheer number of masochists who still do it. It was an ugly, frustrating game. Still no idea how you can turn it off, but I understand the trajectory of our fans more than I do the team.

Give me some credit. At least I knew it was on. VBG

A finish at about 11:40 pm.
All those fouls called makes for a ugly long game...
Indiana plays so slow .. I can hardly remember a good fast break all night..

Reactions: kkott

Way too many time outs as well. I believe we were up 5 when I called it quits.

I wish I were watching the sharks / red wings, and I’m not really a hockey fan.

You need to admit I was right on the bet of Archie being out that you tried to shame me for and backed out of. Come on man up and say you were wrong so we can move on.

Reactions: Radio Zero
This team isn't worth watching. I haven't watched the last few games and don't plan to start again until a change is made. Archie is a joke.

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
We do sacrifice so much on fast breaks. I think it comes back to the packline and crowding everyone back to the lane. I always wanted to defend a guy and try and force him to his weak hand, get after him when he picked up his dribble, make him uncomfortable.... Kills me to watch our defenders lag back at the 3pt line while they can dribble out the clock and setup a play with absolutely no resistance. Guess how most fast breaks happen? Pressuring the ball, and all our guys are back around the paint. Do something, ANYTHING, different. What we're doing, is what we've done and we are so predictable. Predictable at this level allows the other team to gameplan. Get out and pressure someone!

Reactions: BigMobe

This team is bad and it will get worse until it gets so bad they have to address it. I still listen, but I'm not surprised to lose any game we play. That's not an IU mentality. I recall talking to Calbert briefly on the bus from the stadium about an upcoming Iowa game that had me worried in 92 at about this time of year. Really an extremely reserved and quite guy, just said "we got it" ... that's the mentality we need

This team is bad and it will get worse until it gets so bad they have to address it. I still listen, but I'm not surprised to lose any game we play. That's not an IU mentality. I recall talking to Calbert briefly on the bus from the stadium about an Iowa upcoming Iowa game that had me worried in 92 at about this time of year. Really an extremely reserved and quite guy, just said "we got it" ... that's the mentality we need

Yeah, I guess I see three scenarios:

-we get on a roll (feeling very unlikely), and show vast improvement over last season

-we completely tank

-we end up treading water compared to the last 3 seasons (end up .500 or just under in conference play).

Of those scenarios the treading water one may be the worst option for long term. But it may be the most likely.

I’m worried it’s already too late for our program to recover. We got candy striped pants, banners and lowered expectations .

the game was a real grind to watch....no good flow to it. Eliminating the IU bias and just speaking as a lifelong fan of college ball, it still wasn't pretty. I can honestly say I sat there for 2 1/2 hrs and hardly enjoyed a minute. Envious of those 8 hours of sleep right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT