ADVERTISEMENT

Slick Rick and the Shoe

Pretty close to the same thing
not according to the US Constitution and the 6th amendment, and the general principle of Due Process. It's up to the prosecution to present their evidence and prove their case. Nothing says you are required by the laws of self-governing virtue to incriminate yourself (that's protected under the 5th Amend).

All these other schools played it right through the extent of the law, and received less/equal punishment as what we received, for far greater crimes. We got the virtue participation trophy but blew up our program for something that should have been a slap on the wrist, and something that was allowable just a few years later.

Honestly our crime wasn't a couple cell phone calls. Our crime was hiring Sampson when he was already under the NCAA's microscope.

side note- in principle, I agree with you. I'm not advocating being a lying weasel. But it sure seemed to work out for everyone else going up against the now-toothless NCAA, especially UNC and Kansas.

Last edited:
Honestly our crime wasn't a couple cell phone calls. Our crime was hiring Sampson when he was already under the NCAA's microscope.

side note- in principle, I agree with you. I'm not advocating being a lying weasel. But it sure seemed to work out for everyone else going up against the now-toothless NCAA, especially UNC and Kansas.
At the intro presser we stated that what he did at OK couldn’t happen at IU. We knew what he did.

the ncaa found a failure to monitor.

So, we knew exactly what he did at OK, said it couldn’t occur at IU but according to the NCAA didn’t monitor it.

While I would agree with that idea, I'm not coming at it from a Christian perspective. As a Christian, you're not being all that honest if you "lie by omission." Are you not supposed to confess your sins - even if you're not asked about them?
We are not talking about a Christian organization. Of course if a church knew they did something wrong they would be required by their moral beliefs to confess them. We are talking about a school that has perhaps 1,000 different moralities in it. The bottom line is just like the law which says, "You have the right to remain silent" I would think this also applies to the NCAA. If they have proof let them bring it out. Just remain silent.

Exactly. Like pederasty for example. Oops.

CatholicChurch Sexual Abuse Cases
Protestant churches have done things like this too. My belief is they see the organization as more important than the victims of predators. They want the church to save their reputation by sweeping these vicious matters under the rug. Ironically when they are found doing this they hurt their reputation far more. If that happened in my church I would call the police and have them handle the investigation and be completely submissive and help them in any way I could.

Protestant churches have done things like this too. My belief is they see the organization as more important than the victims of predators. They want the church to save their reputation by sweeping these vicious matters under the rug. Ironically when they are found doing this they hurt their reputation far more. If that happened in my church I would call the police and have them handle the investigation and be completely submissive and help them in any way I could.
Could say "get real" but you're so deep in denial/fantasy that you're likely too far gone.

What about my post did you disagree with? Huh?
That abuses wihin the Protestant Church are remotely comparable to the Vatican's well-documented global indifference to and accommodation of thousands of modern-day serial sodomists within its clergy (to say nothing of the Crusades, New-World genocide, support for and encouragement of the slave trade and regional gems like witch-burning, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

That the victims and their families rather the Church itself are the ones principally guilty of sweeping such matters "under the rug".

That you can be so cavalier and utterly ignorant regarding the true nature and breadth of complicity by Church hierarchy in protecting serial child molesters by systematically relocating them and providing them with new victims whenever the nature of their crimes became a problem rather than sending then to prison or even defrocking them, and for their abject failure to undertake any credible redress, internal remediation or mitigation action until horrifically overwhelming proof of the scale of such activity became publicly damaging to Church membership/fundraising.

That your denial and lame obfuscation of fact makes you a walking/talking hypocrisy.

That abuses wihin the Protestant Church are remotely comparable to the Vatican's well-documented global indifference to and accommodation of thousands of modern-day serial sodomists within its clergy (to say nothing of the Crusades, New-World genocide, support for and encouragement of the slave trade and regional gems like witch-burning, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.).

That the victims and their families rather the Church itself are the ones principally guilty of sweeping such matters "under the rug".

That you can be so cavalier and utterly ignorant regarding the true nature and breadth of complicity by Church hierarchy in protecting serial child molesters by systematically relocating them and providing them with new victims whenever the nature of their crimes became a problem rather than sending then to prison or even defrocking them, and for their abject failure to undertake any credible redress, internal remediation or mitigation action until horrifically overwhelming proof of the scale of such activity became publicly damaging to Church membership/fundraising.

That your denial and lame obfuscation of fact makes you a walking/talking hypocrisy.
I haven't denied anything. I know of Protestant churches where this happened because one thing I get emails from a lady named Julie Roys. She documents these kinds of things. I'm not cavalier at all. If that happened in my church I would do something about it. This sin would see the light of day. It is serious because of the victims. I think in reality you and agree on this subject. Perhaps you are picking a fight. But the truth is we are on the same side.

I haven't denied anything. I know of Protestant churches where this happened because one thing I get emails from a lady named Julie Roys. She documents these kinds of things. I'm not cavalier at all. If that happened in my church I would do something about it. This sin would see the light of day. It is serious because of the victims. I think in reality you and agree on this subject. Perhaps you are picking a fight. But the truth is we are on the same side.
Like comparing gun violence in Canada and the USA - worlds apart and an order of magnitude+difference in size and scope of the problem, i.e., a lie on top of a lie and the exact smokescreen BS the Vatican vomited up to respond to the journalistic and extensively documented expose initiated years ago by the Boston Globe. If you really want to see justice done on this issue maybe get your head out of your ass and don't rely so much on Papal propaganda/spin as peer-reviewed open-source media. Too easy to know the truth of a thing these days if one has any sense and cares to look.

No doubt you believe your own local church to be 'without sin' ( at least of this particular ilk), but then at one time could have been said to describe of thousands of churches wherein it was not just a lie but a local quid pro quo. As for the rest, misrepresenting the reality of a crime is a disservice to the victims, another lie that is perhaps a greater sin than the crime itself, and merely a guarantee of a continuing problem.

Until you demonstrate the intelligence and courage to learn and communicate actual "truth" (and stop being part of the problem) you can stuff your feelgood "same side" crap - any one of those oh so wretched excuses for 'servants of god" could give you pointers on exacty where. Enough and my apologies to the Board.

Like comparing gun violence in Canada and the USA - worlds apart and an order of magnitude+difference in size and scope of the problem, i.e., a lie on top of a lie and the exact smokescreen BS the Vatican vomited up to respond to the journalistic and extensively documented expose initiated years ago by the Boston Globe. If you really want to see justice done on this issue maybe get your head out of your ass and don't rely so much on Papal propaganda/spin as peer-reviewed open-source media. Too easy to know the truth of a thing these days if one has any sense and cares to look.

No doubt you believe your own local church to be 'without sin' ( at least of this particular ilk), but then at one time could have been said to describe of thousands of churches wherein it was not just a lie but a local quid pro quo. As for the rest, misrepresenting the reality of a crime is a disservice to the victims, another lie that is perhaps a greater sin than the crime itself, and merely a guarantee of a continuing problem.

Until you demonstrate the intelligence and courage to learn and communicate actual "truth" (and stop being part of the problem) you can stuff your feelgood "same side" crap - any one of those oh so wretched excuses for 'servants of god" could give you pointers on exacty where. Enough and my apologies to the Board.
I have no idea what you are really getting at. Where did I misrepresent the reality of a crime? I think you are just wanting to attack. I don't condone what the Vatican did. My churches I have served have not had any molesting cases. It doesn't mean we don't have sins we deal with because you and I have sins. It's true for all of us.
Your opening statement about gun violence in Canada and the U.S. when did I say this? I don't recollect.

I have no idea what you are really getting at. Where did I misrepresent the reality of a crime? I think you are just wanting to attack. I don't condone what the Vatican did. My churches I have served have not had any molesting cases. It doesn't mean we don't have sins we deal with because you and I have sins. It's true for all of us.
Your opening statement about gun violence in Canada and the U.S. when did I say this? I don't recollect.
You're just not very bright. S'alright - you stop lording your "christian perspective" around like it's some sort of exalted, special or gold standard and I'll refrain from citing the vast and historical hypocrisy of the Church.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
We are not talking about a Christian organization. Of course if a church knew they did something wrong they would be required by their moral beliefs to confess them. We are talking about a school that has perhaps 1,000 different moralities in it. The bottom line is just like the law which says, "You have the right to remain silent" I would think this also applies to the NCAA. If they have proof let them bring it out. Just remain silent.
So you only have to be a "good Christian" some of the time?
Jesus would be proud.

Don’t waste your time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT