ADVERTISEMENT

Since Eating Cats is in the News....

Reactions: Indyhorn
While I myself have never had the chance to partake in the apparent Haitian delicacy of Felis Catus, I have had a couple of odd things over the years.

I have had squirrel.
I have had sea urchin (uni)
I have had boiled octopus
I have had caviar (which yeah, socially acceptable, but when you really think about what it is....)
I have had snails (escargo)
I have had fried frog legs
I have had chocolate covered grasshoppers

So what say you. What's the "weirdest" thing you've ever eaten (at least by red-blooded American standards)?
Donkey

I played on an all Bosnian team for probably 15 years. At the end of every season they’d have a party and cook a goat
I’ve had goat several times in the Caribbean. I can also buy it at the local grocery store. They usually have quite a bit of it.

Doesn’t Cincy have some kind of big eclectic grocery store. International
Yep. That’s the store I was talking about - Jungle Jim’s (there are two of them and they are massive). Last week that had an entire marlin in the fish case. They also sell python fillets, camel, and kangaroo (which is pretty good).

I had the donkey in China. It was unknowing at the time but wasn’t bad. It was in sort of a salsa. Supposedly donkey is much better than horse. Who knows what the hell other things they served me there.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yep. That’s the store I was talking about - Jungle Jim’s (there are two of them). Last week that had an entire marlin in the fish case. They also sell python fillets, camel, and kangaroo (which is pretty good).

I had the donkey in China. It was unknowing at the time but wasn’t bad. It was in sort of a salsa. Supposedly donkey is much better than horse. Who knows what the hell other things they served me there.
Too fun!

I have eaten many of the things listed above but only 3 things on my will not eat list-tuna noodle casserole, Fig Newtons, and sea urchin. It makes me gag writing these down. Fermented horses milk on a hot day quenches the thirst.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I have eaten many of the things listed above but only 3 things on my will not eat list-tuna noodle casserole, Fig Newtons, and sea urchin. It makes me gag writing these down. Fermented horses milk on a hot day quenches the thirst.
We had a church picnic yesterday. It was great food,weather, and fellowship. Somebody brought candy corn. So I said, "I am in the only one in the family who likes candy corn. Therefore I don't get it very often. So thank you". My wife said, "Ew, just the mention of candy corn makes me sick to my stomach". So I guess candy corn is her fig newtons.

We had a church picnic yesterday. It was great food,weather, and fellowship. Somebody brought candy corn. So I said, "I am in the only one in the family who likes candy corn. Therefore I don't get it very often. So thank you". My wife said, "Ew, just the mention of candy corn makes me sick to my stomach". So I guess candy corn is her fig newtons.
Sounds like a great time! I’d have brought those candy pumpkins

While I myself have never had the chance to partake in the apparent Haitian delicacy of Felis Catus, I have had a couple of odd things over the years.

I have had squirrel.
I have had caviar (which yeah, socially acceptable, but when you really think about what it is....)

So what say you. What's the "weirdest" thing you've ever eaten (at least by red-blooded American standards)?
I've had a seaweed pill in third grade. It was very salty, and from Japan.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

I have had squirrel.

Years ago, I had a whole raw baby octopus at a sushi restaurant in the Florida keys. Not much different than oysters, just longer.

I have had squirrel.

Squirrel and frog legs are excellent….you can have the other stuff

Would you invite any of those "aliens" you criticized in your earlier post tonight?
I've known illegals before and were kind to them. Sure I would invite them. This is not the issue. The issue is the rule of law. It is also about having millions of people coming into this country and causing a lot of problems ie taking government funds, housing, etc. You can't have this many people coming in around the same time without it happening.

I've known illegals before and were kind to them. Sure I would invite them. This is not the issue. The issue is the rule of law. It is also about having millions of people coming into this country and causing a lot of problems ie taking government funds, housing, etc. You can't have this many people coming in around the same time without it happening.
Preach!!!!!! Looks like stuffshot showed up late for the 8:00 Service. Missed another lesson.

Rocky Mountain oysters.
I gotta admit, I am fairly open to trying odd foods, but this is the one thing that I don't think I could ever eat (outside of some kind of significant monetary compensation or some kind of survival situation).
But out of curiosity, Good? Bad? Tastes like chicken?

I gotta admit, I am fairly open to trying odd foods, but this is the one thing that I don't think I could ever eat (outside of some kind of significant monetary compensation or some kind of survival situation).
But out of curiosity, Good? Bad? Tastes like chicken?
Battered and fried dipped in sauce and they taste like fried meat. I’ve also had them cooked without batter and deep fried, texture of liver but taste better.

Reactions: SqueakyClean
Put that Japanese tempura batter on anything, fry it up nice & crispy, and it becomes edible. It even works for broccoli and cauliflower! :)

I saw a guy in India make goat brain curry on YouTube the other day.

I’m generally open to trying almost anything but this dude was handling goat brain without gloves and his fingernails were just filled with dirt.

Then he crouched beside the pot barefoot and his toenails were even worse.

No thank you.

I saw a guy in India make goat brain curry on YouTube the other day.

I’m generally open to trying almost anything but this dude was handling goat brain without gloves and his fingernails were just filled with dirt.

Then he crouched beside the pot barefoot and his toenails were even worse.

No thank you.
I have to ask - what were you searching for to find that video?

• Love
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT