ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Central

I show Cam Jones and James Head unsigned and that's it...Plus of course Penix and Charleton for bonuses :)

Well, everyone was stating that Charlton was down to Syracuse and Indiana. Naturally, he commits to FIU. Obviously the person who wanted him to stay close to home won out.

That was a strange recruitment to follow. Best of luck to him though.

I like what we have been able to sign. Now we have a couple months to shoot for the stars and fill any possible gaps.

Reactions: td75
Cam Jones has his signing ceremony at 10:45am. I don't know if that's EST or CST...

I believe MP has his ceremony at 1pm but I could have that one wrong...

Y
Cam Jones has his signing ceremony at 10:45am. I don't know if that's EST or CST...

i was thinking I read yesterday that Cam Jones was reconsidering and not signing until Feb?

I've got a bad feeling about Jones, but I guess we'll know soon,. I went to his twitter page to see if there was anything.......looking at that, you would think he was a true believer, lots of IU love.

I think he's the best of a weak group of LB recruits this year, so I hope he sticks.

So it looks like we got Noah Pierre added to our class today. DB out of Florida.

any info on him? hopefully he isn't a reach. We should be able to swing for the fences with the remaining scholarships given we have most of the class signed now.

any info on him? hopefully he isn't a reach. We should be able to swing for the fences with the remaining scholarships given we have most of the class signed now.
I don’t think the staff is just going to be throwing away scholarships. To be honest, the more kids from Florida, the better.

Reactions: Kelly_32 and mk23
From iuhoosiers.com :
Prep/Personal: Defensive back for head coach Dennis Marroquin at Champagnat Catholic School ... collected 45 tackles, 30 solo, five for loss, a team-high four interceptions (110 yards), two forced fumbles and nine pass breakups as a senior ... returned one INT and one punt for a touchdown ... team captured the 2017 FHSAA 2A state championship, the first in program history ... picked off three passes and forced one fumble his junior campaign.

Reactions: RBB89
From iuhoosiers.com :
Prep/Personal: Defensive back for head coach Dennis Marroquin at Champagnat Catholic School ... collected 45 tackles, 30 solo, five for loss, a team-high four interceptions (110 yards), two forced fumbles and nine pass breakups as a senior ... returned one INT and one punt for a touchdown ... team captured the 2017 FHSAA 2A state championship, the first in program history ... picked off three passes and forced one fumble his junior campaign.
Small school/way under the radar

From iuhoosiers.com :

Sounds like a ball hawk. Not seeing him on the official site yet however. Is he a preferred walk-on or a scholarship guy?

I just looked and it had him listed.

Thanks, my phone must have a slow refresh rate..., or something...

Seeing him now...

I trust this staff in regard to evaluating who can play Big Ten football...

I like the idea that we've found a diamond in the rough...

Reactions: CC Mac
From iuhoosiers.com :

yikes

Cam Jones is signed.
Go Hoosiers!

I like him......don't think he'll play in year 1, but could see him as a starter as a soph. Maybe a step slow for the big boys but tough and instinctive.

edit....looking at his HS stats....man, was he productive. What stood out to me--4 yr starter, 4 ints as a frosh, 6 as a soph, but there's a lot there

Last edited:
I like him......don't think he'll play in year 1, but could see him as a starter as a soph. Maybe a step slow for the big boys but tough and instinctive.

edit....looking at his HS stats....man, was he productive. What stood out to me--4 yr starter, 4 ints as a frosh, 6 as a soph, but there's a lot there

I've read somewhere they are looking at him as a Linebacker.

Don't forget, one of our best recruits for 2018 may already be on campus - Bryant Fitzgerald

Looking like another solid class overall, but don't they always at this time of year? :)

Yep, and he (Fitzgerald) gets to be with the team in January if I recall the details correctly...

Reactions: ESalum86
From iuhoosiers.com :
Kid can HIT. That one handed pick was nice too.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6083220/noah-pierre

Reactions: CC Mac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT