ADVERTISEMENT

Shrews Recruiting

It has. One for 2024 and one for 2025. That’s far from locking the state down. Purdue is counting on the NIL settlement and language that probably won’t happen. They think collectives will end and a cap is coming.
Ha. I hope they count on that. Players and large athletic depts that drive college sports would be against it. Ain’t happening.

It has. One for 2024 and one for 2025. That’s far from locking the state down. Purdue is counting on the NIL settlement and language that probably won’t happen. They think collectives will end and a cap is coming.
Purdue is recruiting just fine? And have plenty of NIL to keep their roster together.

Reading comprehension doof. Go back and read. You guys aren’t locking the state down. Not ever.
Got ya. I thought when you said “it has” it was in response to “Purdue's recruiting has fallen off a cliff” and then you rambled on about NIL.

Got ya. I thought when you said “it has” it was in response to “Purdue's recruiting has fallen off a cliff” and then you rambled on about NIL.
Rambling describes you not me. Recruiting has fallen off for the boilers in the state. That’s what is said. Nice 2/3* pick up today. lol

Last edited:
Purdue is recruiting just fine? And have plenty of NIL to keep their roster together.
Lots of impending dynamics for Purdue...I'm sure they've thought about all of them. But how they handle them will be interesting.

As we sit today, every player on their roster has an Edey induced, artificially low NIL value.

For Purdue to remain near, or at, the top of the B10...a number of players will have had to either maintain their production (Smith, Loyer), dramatically improve their play and production (TKR, Colvin, Heide, Furst), or come in and break in to the lineup and show themselves to be P4 main rotation level players (any of the freshmen).

For those that do "show out" this year, their NIL values will skyrocket. As a reminder, their value is what someone, anyone, is willing to pay them. And Purdue won't get to determine that any more. Edey accepted lower value than what he was worth. He, in so many ways, was an anomaly. And him doing that, put a hard cap on every player on their teams NIL value. That isn't there any more.

Braden Smith...if he goes out and has a similar year, stats and impact wise... his open market NIL value will probably be multiple 7 figures. Realistically, next year will be Braden's last opportunity to "cash in", as he isn't going to play in the NBA. Is he going to take a huge discount to stay at Purdue? Probably not, and they probably won't make him, they'll pay him his value. That could start to limit what they'd have for others...

TKR...The Rutgers big that transferred this year got 2 million bucks. If TKR is as good as Purdue fans are saying, and shows it... there's your number.

And on, and on...

Edey is gone. Purdue isn't unique or special any more. They'll pay, or they'll lose players. And if they're good this year, I don't think they'll have enough money to stay good the following year.

Lots of impending dynamics for Purdue...I'm sure they've thought about all of them. But how they handle them will be interesting.

As we sit today, every player on their roster has an Edey induced, artificially low NIL value.

For Purdue to remain near, or at, the top of the B10...a number of players will have had to either maintain their production (Smith, Loyer), dramatically improve their play and production (TKR, Colvin, Heide, Furst), or come in and break in to the lineup and show themselves to be P4 main rotation level players (any of the freshmen).

For those that do "show out" this year, their NIL values will skyrocket. As a reminder, their value is what someone, anyone, is willing to pay them. And Purdue won't get to determine that any more. Edey accepted lower value than what he was worth. He, in so many ways, was an anomaly. And him doing that, put a hard cap on every player on their teams NIL value. That isn't there any more.

Braden Smith...if he goes out and has a similar year, stats and impact wise... his open market NIL value will probably be multiple 7 figures. Realistically, next year will be Braden's last opportunity to "cash in", as he isn't going to play in the NBA. Is he going to take a huge discount to stay at Purdue? Probably not, and they probably won't make him, they'll pay him his value. That could start to limit what they'd have for others...

TKR...The Rutgers big that transferred this year got 2 million bucks. If TKR is as good as Purdue fans are saying, and shows it... there's your number.

And on, and on...

Edey is gone. Purdue isn't unique or special any more. They'll pay, or they'll lose players. And if they're good this year, I don't think they'll have enough money to stay good the following year.
Yep, and Painter just keeps doubling down on not using NIL and so, if/when they decide they need it, their boosters are not going to want to contribute. This off season will be interesting for them.

Rambling describes you not me. Recruiting has fallen off for the boilers in the state. That’s what is said. Nice 2/3* pick up today. lol
Recruiting has fallen off? Ok. Interesting you use stars as your metric for good players. Probably why you didn’t like last years class, yet, they landed 5 very skilled players who are going to play a lot of minutes at Purdue. 3-4 this year, and all next year. I don’t worry about stars. They aren’t super accurate outside the top 50.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy

And on, and on...

I don’t see why Purdue couldn’t pay good players. They have and continue to do so. And after being good this year, they will keep the band together and be better the next year. Edey could have left for more money, but might not have developed into an NBA starter and favorite for rookie of the year either.

Recruiting has fallen off? Ok. Interesting you use stars as your metric for good players. Probably why you didn’t like last years class, yet, they landed 5 very skilled players who are going to play a lot of minutes at Purdue. 3-4 this year, and all next year. I don’t worry about stars. They aren’t super accurate outside the top 50.
You are to stupid or just faking it? In state recruiting is the topic. Weirdo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT