ADVERTISEMENT

Second-unit needs to step it up

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Apart from Bates going 2-2 from deep, got two points out of the rest of the Bench. Collectively the four reserves logged 0 assists, 8 TOs, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 0 blocks, committed 5 fouls and shot 0 FTs in 44 minutes on the Court.

Ouch. Probably not going to do it in Conference. Fortunate IU's Starters have got game...

Apart from Bates going 2-2 from deep, got two points out of the rest of the Bench. Collectively the four reserves logged 0 assists, 8 TOs, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 0 blocks, committed 5 fouls and shot 0 FTs in 44 minutes on the Court.

Ouch. Probably not going to do it in Conference. Fortunate IU's Starters have got game...
This was a JG sulking game. I can see why Woodson yells at him, he can get greatly influenced by a play or two and carry’s over the whole game.

This was a JG sulking game. I can see why Woodson yells at him, he can get greatly influenced by a play or two and carry’s over the whole game.
Yeah he needs to brush off a play and flush his mind. Seen that a couple times already and he’s a non factor in the game when it happens. We can’t ride Trace n Race 35 min every game.

Reactions: Cavanagh
It is still early so I am not pressing the panic button but I really thought our 2nd unit was going to be a strength. Any time we didn’t have at least 3 starters on the floor tonight we looked horrible.

Fingers crossed it was a bad game. Geronimo, who I love btw, has not impressed me this year. Bates can ball. I for one will be glad when Rob is back in the second unit.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
It is still early so I am not pressing the panic button but I really thought our 2nd unit was going to be a strength. Any time we didn’t have at least 3 starters on the floor tonight we looked horrible.

Fingers crossed it was a bad game. Geronimo, who I love btw, has not impressed me this year. Bates can ball. I for one will be glad when Rob is back in the second unit.
And Trey.

Reactions: Beorik
And Trey. 100% true. I think he is so under appreciated. Good defense and great hustle. Plus he always seems to get us 1-2 easy run out buckets.
Thought he might be getting near something along the lines of a breakout game before the take-down. Still maintain that it would have been his best Play as a Hoosier if he'd hadn't been tomahawked on the drive after his steal against St. John's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT