ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller sign extension through 2022

IU Scott

Hall of Famer
Jun 28, 2014
Greenfield Indiana
Saw where S. Miller signed an extension through 2012 for around 3mil per season. I would assume you could scratch his name off potential candidates since UA can give him everything that IU can. I know these extensions don't mean anything but he will be paid what we are paying Crean and he is in a good spot for recruiting LA and California.

Saw where S. Miller signed an extension through 2012 for around 3mil per season. I would assume you could scratch his name off potential candidates since UA can give him everything that IU can. I know these extensions don't mean anything but he will be paid what we are paying Crean and he is in a good spot for recruiting LA and California.
I've stated on here many times, Sean Miller isn't leaving Arizona. He loves it here, has a rich recruiting area with California nearby and recruits want to come to Arizona.
I would be very happy to have his brother Archie.
Don't be surprised if he isn't in the final four again this year.

Coopster

I would take archie and his wife lol

morgan-miller-dayton.jpg

I've stated on here many times, Sean Miller isn't leaving Arizona. He loves it here, has a rich recruiting area with California nearby and recruits want to come to Arizona.
I would be very happy to have his brother Archie.
Don't be surprised if he isn't in the final four again this year.

Coopster

Ah yes. That Sean Miller, always in the final four.

Reactions: stollcpa
I honestly think Archie might be the better coach and he's a lot younger too. If he can recruit anywhere near his brother's level look out. Fred better act soon though. He won't be in Dayton much longer.
I would be ecstatic with an Archie hire.

No reason for it not to happen unless there truly is interest from Stevens, Donovan, or maybe Bennett. Offer 5 years, $20-25M and get it done Fred. You're always a day late and a dollar short. You can't be this time.
I've watched Dayton quite a bit because I believe Archie will be our next coach. What a welcome change great fundamental basketball would be. I think he would do just as well as any of the others mentioned. A little over a month away...

Westbrook is no worse than any of the other pre-Madonna's in that league.

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-are-jerks-in-real-life/2/

Its common knowledge that Westbrook is a complete idiot.

All it would take is for Westbrook to tire of Donovan and OKC would get a new coach.

Does Donovan want that or be treated like a god in the state of Indiana?

No, I don't think Donovan will be at IU....I don't even think there is a decent chance. But I do know that being on the same team as Westbrook is not fun.

http://www.thesportster.com/basketball/top-20-nba-players-who-are-jerks-in-real-life/2/

Its common knowledge that Westbrook is a complete idiot.

All it would take is for Westbrook to tire of Donovan and OKC would get a new coach.

Does Donovan want that or be treated like a god in the state of Indiana?

No, I don't think Donovan will be at IU....I don't even think there is a decent chance. But I do know that being on the same team as Westbrook is not fun.

Oh my bad. I wasn't aware that "TheSportster" had him pegged as a jerk.

Look I understand he's not the easiest ego to manage. But neither is Lebron, or Draymond green, or Jimmy Butler, Or Rondo, or Cousins, or Rose, etc. And he's not the one that abandoned a Thunder team that was a WCF staple every year. At the very least he showed some loyalty where other (presumably more manageable) superstars didn't.

Donovan it's not coming here. I tried to say Sean Miller isn't interested in coming here. His extension proves that.

Oh my bad. I wasn't aware that "TheSportster" had him pegged as a jerk.

Look I understand he's not the easiest ego to manage. But neither is Lebron, or Draymond green, or Jimmy Butler, Or Rondo, or Cousins, or Rose, etc. And he's not the one that abandoned a Thunder team that was a WCF staple every year. At the very least he showed some loyalty where other (presumably more manageable) superstars didn't.

Got ourselves a Westbrook fan here.... lol

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport...ost_volatile_great_player_in_nba_history.html

http://www.obsev.com/sports/report-...ok-literally-worst-teammate-hed-ever-had.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...s-no-love-for-former-teammate-reggie-jackson/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/rus...-denied-him-a-high-five-and-he-seemed-furious

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rook-Recommended-Thunder-Take-Out-Enes-Kanter

Yes....they all have attitudes.....but you are kidding yourself if you think Westbrook isn't one of the worst.

You could post a bunch of articles like that about any of the players I listed as well. Don't be disingenuous. I'm not really interested in splitting hairs on which NBA players have the "worst attitude". Being able to coach a top 3 talent in Westbrook is well worth any baggage that might come with it.

You could post a bunch of articles like that about any of the players I listed as well. Don't be disingenuous. I'm not really interested in splitting hairs on which NBA players have the "worst attitude". Being able to coach a top 3 talent in Westbrook is well worth any baggage that might come with it.

That's the point.....is it worth it? If you could make more money in college and not have to deal with it, would you?

No reason for it not to happen unless there truly is interest from Stevens, Donovan, or maybe Bennett. Offer 5 years, $20-25M and get it done Fred. You're always a day late and a dollar short. You can't be this time.
Not to quibble, but do you really think it would take $5m/yr to get Archie? How many schools are there in D1 that pay above $4m/yr right now? Very few, and most of them aren't looking for a new coach (because if you're paying that much, more often than not you're doing well - UL, UK, Duke, KU, UNC). I don't think it would take more than $3.5m/yr to get him. Just because Crean isn't working out for $3.5m doesn't mean you can't find another guy to do it at roughly the same price. It's already in the top 1% of D1 salaries... the issue at IU is NOT that IU isn't paying enough to be competitive.

I would prefer Archie over Bennett...although he is by no means my first choice. No's from Stevens and Donovan are obligatory before anyone else is considered. Any other coach worth his salt would have no problem being approached after those two guys are contacted.

Not to quibble, but do you really think it would take $5m/yr to get Archie? How many schools are there in D1 that pay above $4m/yr right now? Very few, and most of them aren't looking for a new coach (because if you're paying that much, more often than not you're doing well - UL, UK, Duke, KU, UNC). I don't think it would take more than $3.5m/yr to get him. Just because Crean isn't working out for $3.5m doesn't mean you can't find another guy to do it at roughly the same price. It's already in the top 1% of D1 salaries... the issue at IU is NOT that IU isn't paying enough to be competitive.

All true but this is Fred we're talking about. We're guaranteed to overpay.

All true but this is Fred we're talking about. We're guaranteed to overpay.
But YOU were the one suggesting that amount? You can't advocate he spend that amount of money and simultaneously chastise him for overspending in the process. That's just silly.

Durant knew what he was doing and who could blame him. If you watched any of the games you could just see the WTF are you doing in his eyes during the OKC meltdowns.

Loyalty? lol

9 years was enough for him with that franchise. Opportunity is more like it. Hope 9 years is enough for IU to decide to make a move.

Reactions: BigMobe
Never really thought we had a chance Arizona has a rich tradition just like ours and he has been recruiting well there. Not sure why his name would even come up.

Sean celebrates his extension wth a 27 point loss vs Oregon. Back to recruiting Archie's wife.

Reactions: stollcpa
Sean celebrates his extension wth a 27 point loss vs Oregon. Back to recruiting Archie's wife.

He's way too good of Coach to get killed like that with final four team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT