ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew vs Woodson

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
We get to see a close up of Drew next year. IU better renegotiate the series and make Kentucky play at Assembly Hall. Cal is gone so this needs to happen

Reactions: kkott
Pretty sure Cal said he’d never play in assembly hall again after Watford buzzer beater. Hes gone

Scott Drew is going to be the next Kentucky coach. IU plays at Kentucky in 2025. Is that clear enough???? IU got screwed on the locations

Scott Drew is going to be the next Kentucky coach. IU plays at Kentucky in 2025. Is that clear enough???? IU got screwed on the locations
That’s not confirmed. Matter of convincing his very introverted wife to uproot their kids from Waco. This is far from a done deal and the media is just throwing shit out there.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
So what is this preview of Drew we're going to see next year when we don't play them for two more years? Are we playing Baylor next year? If he goes to UK, are they going to play a non-conf game in SSAH so that we can scout them?

KY fans need an intervention. Donovan said in his press conference that no one from UK has even contacted him.
Could be an entirely accurate statement as they may first contact his agent. Donovan to UK would be a huge coup for them, only overshadowed by getting Brad Stevens, but neither seems probable. Drew may be the right selection for the long term, but if UK wants to generate excitement, and recruiting, another unlikely but possible scenario is Pitino coming back for a few years would give them a boost.

I hope it's Drew. Sampson would kill it there so would Donovan, Beard, Drew seems very quiet for the crazy UK fan base. Stevens only jobs I see him leaving for are Indiana, Butler or Duke.

I hope it's Drew. Sampson would kill it there so would Donovan, Beard, Drew seems very quiet for the crazy UK fan base. Stevens only jobs I see him leaving for are Indiana, Butler or Duke.
Stevens doesn't even coach anymore... I only see him getting back into coaching if his GM gig dries up. Right now, his team has the best record in the NBA. So, that's not happening anytime soon.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Drew has won a natty and those listed haven’t. Drew will kill it at UK more so than he does at Baylor

He’s a bad fit. imho Good coaches fail because of this. Will he fail? Depends on what UK fans can tolerate.
Only way he fails is if he doesn’t win. He will win wherever he goes. He will recruit well and his style of play the UK dans will embrace

Drew has won a natty and those listed haven’t. Drew will kill it at UK more so than he does at Baylor
Technically true since Donovan won back to back. If you look at his college record it is pretty darn amazing. He was a relentless 24/7 type of coach at FL apparently.

Delray Brooks made his career. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4IUSox2
Could be an entirely accurate statement as they may first contact his agent. Donovan to UK would be a huge coup for them, only overshadowed by getting Brad Stevens, but neither seems probable. Drew may be the right selection for the long term, but if UK wants to generate excitement, and recruiting, another unlikely but possible scenario is Pitino coming back for a few years would give them a boost.
Many UK fans interpret it to mean Barnhart went immediately to his buddy Drew.

Here is the quote-

CHICAGO — Chicago Bulls head coach Billy Donovan says he hasn’t had any contact with the University of Kentucky about it’s men’s basketball head coaching position, left vacant this week when John Calipari announced he was leaving amid reports that he’s closing in on a deal to take the same position at the University of Arkansas.

“I have not been contacted by anybody. I haven’t spoken to anybody,” Donovan told reporters with regards to the open Kentucky job after the Bulls lost to the New York Knicks in Chicago’s regular-season home finale Tuesday night.

Are those reasons not well known? I haven’t heard anywhere in media circles or publications about Drew being some fanatical Christian
Wife is an introvert, kids are in school…all of them. They only know Waco. Drew has been there almost 22 years. He’s a hard sell. He’s been mentioned in every single relevant coaching searches. Many he was never even contacted. I know this is UK…the mighty Uk that no coach says no too. Well get ready because they will get plenty. If Baylor gives him even a little more my money is he’s staying.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Wife is an introvert, kids are in school…all of them. They only know Waco. Drew has been there almost 22 years. He’s a hard sell. He’s been mentioned in every single relevant coaching searches. Many he was never even contacted. I know this is UK…the mighty Uk that no coach says no too. Well get ready because they will get plenty. If Baylor gives him even a little more my money is he’s staying.
I’m guessing you know the family well?

Donovan has had a poor run with the Bulls-like 154/161 over four seasons so he may be looking for a job soon in any event.

I’m guessing you know the family well?
Not at all. It’s a well known fact. UK peeps are just learning this. He’s a God first, Family then coaching. Just built a 25,000 sq ft mansion compound for the whole family. In-laws included. Wife, kids and the rest are a hard no for changing cities. That photo of him at the diner this morning was with a large investment banker donor. He’s probably not going to UK. I keep telling you all the reasons he’s a Baylor lifer. He’s not mostly money driven. In this day and age he’s a weird guy. Don’t get me wrong he does listen but when you put all this pieces together he most likely stays at Baylor.

Not at all. It’s a well known fact. UK peeps are just learning this. He’s a God first, Family then coaching. Just built a 25,000 sq ft mansion compound for the whole family. In-laws included. Wife, kids and the rest are a hard no for changing cities. That photo of him at the diner this morning was with a large investment banker donor. He’s probably not going to UK. I keep telling you all the reasons he’s a Baylor lifer. He’s not mostly money driven. In this day and age he’s a weird guy. Don’t get me wrong he does listen but when you put all this pieces together he most likely stays at Baylor.
Gotcha but I wouldn’t say God, Family, coaching in that order is a bad thing. I know a lot of people this way.

Reactions: CriticArisen
i really don't care how this story ends, just as long as flight tracker isn't showing a private jet flight plan from Logan Boston to Lexington.

I personally think Drew would be an odd fit into the UK world. Talk up here in CHI is that Donavan isn't going anywhere. But that story could change in a few days. The Bulls have been spinning their tires in the mud for 2 years. Billy would likely be gone next year if they didn't make the playoffs. I think his contract might actually be up this year. ($6M/yr over 4 yrs beginning 2020).

• Haha
Reactions: CriticArisen
Man, that's a tough one. Scott Drew is younger and seems more spry but Woody is a former D1 athlete and is the bigger/stronger guy. I'd say it might go a few rounds if Draw stays out of Woody's reach, but I think Woody takes him by round 4.

Gotcha but I wouldn’t say God, Family, coaching in that order is a bad thing. I know a lot of people this way.
Who said it’s bad? He fits Waco. 25,000sq ft compound? 🤔 if you are a person of faith then that’s the order.

A compound? In Waco? A highly religious fella?

This ain't ending well.

i really don't care how this story ends, just as long as flight tracker isn't showing a private jet flight plan from Logan Boston to Lexington.

I personally think Drew would be an odd fit into the UK world. Talk up here in CHI is that Donavan isn't going anywhere. But that story could change in a few days. The Bulls have been spinning their tires in the mud for 2 years. Billy would likely be gone next year if they didn't make the playoffs. I think his contract might actually be up this year. ($6M/yr over 4 yrs beginning 2020).
He had a good record in OKC but Sam Presti was also there who is probably the best judge of talent in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT