ADVERTISEMENT

Science: It wasn't aliens, after all

Reactions: meridian
Nahhh....it's alien-engineered space dust, designed to fool us.
Well, if your society is advanced enough to build a Dyson structure, but still wants to hide from potential threats elsewhere in the galaxy...manufacturing wavelength-discriminating space dust does sound like a solid* idea. :D

* Not intended as a pun.

Yeah, I assumed it would be finally debunked sooner rather than later. Still, every time one of these intriguing discoveries is explained, there's always a little twinge of disappointment!
Never know perhaps if there are aliens out there they might think we taste like chicken. We might have dodged a bullet on this discovery. Space dust does not want to eat us. It's good news.

Never know perhaps if there are aliens out there they might think we taste like chicken. We might have dodged a bullet on this discovery. Space dust does not want to eat us. It's good news.
The star is about 1,300 light years away. This means, even if they happen to be listening in our direction for some reason, they won't even know we exist for another 1,218 years. I think we're fine. ;)

The star is about 1,300 light years away. This means, even if they happen to be listening in our direction for some reason, they won't even know we exist for another 1,218 years. I think we're fine. ;)

Maybe they've found a way to speed up light? Or maybe they use something else entirely absent from our senses. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT