ADVERTISEMENT

Saban on CCC shot with Memorial Stadium background

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a damn about Gameday, ESPN, or what they have to say? People on here talk about getting on Gameday like it’s the holy grail when they’re not even relevant anymore, especially if you’re a B10 fan. 20 or 25 years ago I would understand the obsession, but not now.
Not even relevant anymore LOL

Thigh slapper

Hope so. Media rights keep going up and the quick math makes it look like the $ is there even with the rev share starting, though it’s hard to be sure as an outsider.

What’s the value of things like getting on Big Noon? It was a two hour commercial for IU on national network TV today. Stuff like this adds up to millions of $ of advertising value. FB pays for itself. Not even counting our game day rev will be up by several million $ this year.

The other factor imo is NIL. Hard to know our FB NIL number, I assume around $4M. Maybe that can double if our big donors get excited. The staff would like that too.
$6-7mil is more than worth the investment if IU consistently has crowds like it enjoyed today. Not in question. Cannot squander this.

Cig could command one of those massive all guaranteed type contracts, from several schools.

I'm thinking the chances are great he stays. At nearly double what he's getting now. 7-8 mil. I don't think he'll hold us up, but if it's a bump to just 5-6 million a year vs others offering 9-10, with many years of that second one fully guaranteed... How could he not consider it? And he'll be offered it elsewhere. And his buyout is chump change to those schools.

He says the wife loves it here, and I'm sure he'll get a big bump and big guarantee. So my bet is we keep him. May lose Shanahan... If so Sunseri might be the OC anyway.

The good thing is how many times Cig has said he has 'everything he needs' here, to win. I've heard it several times in interviews.
The wife matters, keep her happy.

Honestly, other than live games, the only "show" I watch on ESPN...every Saturday...like clockwork. LOVE it.

Usually even tune in around 8:30 or so during the end of SportsCenter because it's already usually pre-GameDay.

I'll switch over to BigNoon occasionally...even B10 Tailgate, just to see the scene.

B10 Tailgate's like that cool Indie band that comes through to the Vogue or White River...

BigNoon's like Foo Fighters or Weezer at Deer Creek or Banker's Life...

GameDay's like having the Eras Tour...or (now) Oasis coming to Lucas Oil. 😄

Honestly, other than live games, the only "show" I watch on ESPN...every Saturday...like clockwork. LOVE it.

Usually even tune in around 8:30 or so during the end of SportsCenter because it's already usually pre-GameDay.

I'll switch over to BigNoon occasionally...even B10 Tailgate, just to see the scene.

B10 Tailgate's like that cool Indie band that comes through to the Vogue or White River...

BigNoon's like Foo Fighters or Weezer at Deer Creek or Banker's Life...

GameDay's like having the Eras Tour...or (now) Oasis coming to Lucas Oil. 😄
It is only show on ESPN I watch too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT