ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

Hoosierfan1901

Freshman
Jul 6, 2021
They spiking at the right moment, just beat OSU and moves to 8-5 in the conference. RAC is definitely a tough place to play at

We beat Rutgers this season by 35 points (86-51) and that was without Curbelo.. I am confident we can win by at least 10 points.
NarrowUnnaturalGentoopenguin-size_restricted.gif

They spiking at the right moment, just beat OSU and moves to 8-5 in the conference. RAC is definitely a tough place to play at
So it Michigan. I thought we could maybe finish in sixth but now its looking like possibly 8th which is we are on the bubble not sure how much that plays into it.

my biggest worry is that the committee is only going to take so many B1G teams...and UM and RU are trending up and starting to gather some major Quad 1 wins. And pulling even with us in the conference. We really need a win or two in the next couple games or we'll have problems ahead and I won't pin any hopes on our chances in the B1G tourney.

my biggest worry is that the committee is only going to take so many B1G teams...and UM and RU are trending up and starting to gather some major Quad 1 wins. And pulling even with us in the conference. We really need a win or two in the next couple games or we'll have problems ahead and I won't pin any hopes on our chances in the B1G tourney.
Pretty sure I read an article this morning that still had us as a 7-8 seed with a 93% chance of making the tournament.

That is has been my worry as well and why I had hope Rutgers and Michigan would keep losing .Instead both have now passed us up. And yes if it comes down the the BTT oh boy that is not a situation we want to be in.

Reactions: kkott and Beorik
That is has been my worry as well and why I had hope Rutgers and Michigan would keep losing .Instead both have now passed us up. And yes if it comes down the the BTT oh boy that is not a situation we want to be in.
UM's schedule is loaded the rest of the way. If they get on a streak they will be hard to keep out of the tourney. But if they lose most of them they'll play themselves into the NIT. Hmmm...sounds kinda familiar.....

Rutgers' schedule is truly hard to believe it's so tough, and yet they just beat 3 ranked teams in a row. But guess what? Their next 4 are Illinois, @PU, @ UM, and Wisconsin again. Then @ IU for senior night. Whatever they've managed to date, if they get past 10 Big Ten wins it will truly be earned.

lol and easily beat you guys 5 days ago at your place 74-57 🤣

Is there a more desperate to be relevant fan base in the nation than Illinois? Your inferiority complex is nauseating. It’s taken Illinois best team in all 20 years to make any noise at all in the league. And they needed special rules by the ncaa, a coaching staff that cheats, and a group of 25 year old men to make it happen

Reactions: DANC
Is there a more desperate to be relevant fan base in the nation than Illinois? Your inferiority complex is nauseating. It’s taken Illinois best team in all 20 years to make any noise at all in the league. And they needed special rules by the ncaa, a coaching staff that cheats, and a group of 25 year old men to make it happen
lol what the heck are you babbling about? (what "special rules" are you even talking about? Who is this group of 25 old men you are talking about?

You guys still refer to yourselves as a "blue blood" program and call Purdue "little brother" but storm the court when you guys FINALLY beat your "little brother" 🤣

I live in the present day so I'll gladly take where Illinois is at right now over where Indinia is at the moment. 🤣

lol what the heck are you babbling about? (what "special rules" are you even talking about? Who is this group of 25 old men you are talking about?

Most of your starters would not be eligible this year if it wasn’t for the NCAA giving an extra year for Covid.

And you better enjoy the present because Underwood’s slimy ass will certainly have you all on probation.

Most of your starters would not be eligible this year if it wasn’t for the NCAA giving an extra year for Covid.

And you better enjoy the present because Underwood’s slimy ass will certainly have you all on probation.
Don't blame those college guys for COVID (its not like they were the ones that started it jfc) 5th year seasons are quite common for awhile now and that's what Trent Frazier and Damonte Williams are.

But thanks for the heads up on us going to be on double secret probation in the near future. Hopefully though Illinois can be more family friendly and by the books like Louisville or Kansas. 🤣

Enjoy your ancient dusty as hell VHS tapes of the highlights of the '76 Indinia Hoosier . 🤣

Also in all seriousness , I hope your goofy candy cane pants wearing hoosiers beat Purdue . Best of luck man!

Don't blame those college guys for COVID (its not like they were the ones that started it jfc) 5th year seasons are quite common for awhile now and that's what Trent Frazier and Damonte Williams are.

But thanks for the heads up on us going to be on double secret probation in the near future. Hopefully though Illinois can be more family friendly and by the books like Louisville or Kansas. 🤣

Enjoy your ancient dusty as hell VHS tapes of the highlights of the '76 Indinia Hoosier . 🤣

Also in all seriousness , I hope your goofy candy cane pants wearing hoosiers beat Purdue . Best of luck man!

Dusty banners are better than no banners.

Dusty banners are better than no banners.
Oh definitely. In my post I don't seem to recall mentioning anything about banners (I did jokingly mention you guys watching a dusty VHS tape of the '76 Hoosiers though)

Anyways, best of luck to you guys tonight vs the rodents from Cheesehead land. I'll be rooting for you guys to get the win 😉

Oh definitely. In my post I don't seem to recall mentioning anything about banners (I did jokingly mention you guys watching a dusty VHS tape of the '76 Hoosiers though)

Anyways, best of luck to you guys tonight vs the rodents from Cheesehead land. I'll be rooting for you guys to get the win 😉
Somewhere I have a VHS of highlights from the 76 season. It’s sealed in a box somewhere, so it might not be dusty. The bigger question is do I have an old vhs player somewhere in storage.

Reactions: Illinisully
Somewhere I have a VHS of highlights from the 76 season. It’s sealed in a box somewhere, so it might not be dusty. The bigger question is do I have an old vhs player somewhere in storage.
That's awesome man. I'm not even being sarcastic either. I was born in the 80s so the '76 Hoosiers were way before my time but you guys should be proud of them and their amazing accomplishments as the last undefeated bball team to go undefeated. I was a senior during Illinois 2005 Final Four run (I really wish Sean May would have went to IU haha) but even that incredibly talented Illini team couldn't go undefeated let alone win it all. To this day, there's never been another team to go undefeated and just shows you how difficult it is to pull off. Respect

Reactions: .Gerdis
That's awesome man. I'm not even being sarcastic either. I was born in the 80s so the '76 Hoosiers were way before my time but you guys should be proud of them and their amazing accomplishments as the last undefeated bball team to go undefeated. I was a senior during Illinois 2005 Final Four run (I really wish Sean May would have went to IU haha) but even that incredibly talented Illini team couldn't go undefeated let alone win it all. To this day, there's never been another team to go undefeated and just shows you how difficult it is to pull off. Respect
Illinois will choke as usual.

Illinois will choke as usual.
probably lol (I though last season was our best chance to get back to the Final Four as we were a #1 seed but of course got embarrassed in the 2nd round to Loyola Chicago of all teams. Very humbling experience and easily one of the biggest nut punches I've had as a long time Illini fan) Oh well no one was beating that Baylor team anyways so hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and make a deep run in the tourney this season. I am by no means over confident in this Illini team but am pretty cautiously optimistic so we shall see.

Good luck to your Hoosiers in the NIT though. I'll definitely be rooting for them to hang an NIT title banner up in your rafters and have it next to those other ancient dusty banners you guys keep bragging about. 🤣 haha

probably lol (I though last season was our best chance to get back to the Final Four as we were a #1 seed but of course got embarrassed in the 2nd round to Loyola Chicago of all teams. Very humbling experience and easily one of the biggest nut punches I've had as a long time Illini fan) Oh well no one was beating that Baylor team anyways so hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and make a deep run in the tourney this season. I am by no means over confident in this Illini team but am pretty cautiously optimistic so we shall see.

Good luck to your Hoosiers in the NIT though. I'll definitely be rooting for them to hang an NIT title banner up in your rafters and have it next to those other ancient dusty banners you guys keep bragging about. 🤣 haha
Illinois will choke as usual

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT