ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers IU

This one will be harder for IU.
But now we have TJD playing the best basketball of his life. That first game he was hampered by the back injury and JHS was out with a stiff back. Rutgers got our D game that day in December.

Reactions: IUgradman
Oh you guys will be ready I have no doubt. I think we match up well with you guys because we're tall everywhere whereas PU has tiny guards. Also, for us to win, I think you guys need to have a letdown after that great win.

Reactions: Scangg
Oh you guys will be ready I have no doubt. I think we match up well with you guys because we're tall everywhere whereas PU has tiny guards. Also, for us to win, I think you guys need to have a letdown after that great win.
That is the big issue. We need to get some energy from bench players.

You would think we'd be fired up and ready to roll given that they've owned our ass. But last year we beat Purdue and then got our ass kicked by about 20 by UM inside the Hall.

You would think we'd be fired up and ready to roll given that they've owned our ass. But last year we beat Purdue and then got our ass kicked by about 20 by UM inside the Hall.
It will be a mental grind. We played with tremendous energy Saturday especially in 1st half. Need some bench players to bring a lot of energy and Woody to trust them.

Reactions: IUgradman
There is a reason it is called a letdown game. It is not easy to rev back up so soon after such an intense game. It is true of all sports. Doesn’t mean we fans shouldn’t encourage the players, coaches, and staff to rise to the occasion, but it is not as simple as just moving on to the next game.

There is a reason it is called a letdown game. It is not easy to rev back up so soon after such an intense game. It is true of all sports. Doesn’t mean we fans shouldn’t encourage the players, coaches, and staff to rise to the occasion, but it is not as simple as just moving on to the next game.
True, but man, if there's one team we should not have as a letdown game, it's Rutgers.

RU has an extremely vital 6-7 lightning quick, snake sprung out of can like, defensive player injured who won’t play.
It is what it is.
He’s like a great short stop who saves more runs than he drives in….this kid may not score much, but he makes stops all game long.

RU has an extremely vital 6-7 lightning quick, snake sprung out of can like, defensive player injured who won’t play.
It is what it is.
He’s like a great short stop who saves more runs than he drives in….this kid may not score much, but he makes stops all game long.
Mag was injured. He averages 7.8 but hey our starting Point guard has been out since Kansas.

If the Hoosiers can keep up their hot shooting no reason not to think this could be another comfortable home win. I say that not as any disrespect to Rutgers, they're extremely well-coached and play great team defense, rather I just don't think they have the offensive fire power if this game is played in the 70's. This is a game Rutgers wants to play in the 50's if possible and they will if we let them. Need to make shots and speed them up on offense.

Agree. RU needs to keep it in the low 60's. If we do, we'll be right there at the end of the game.

this is very likely to be the game to determine 2nd place in the B1G.... We certainly had better be up for it
The best thing about this game is having it at home. After an emotional win like Saturday, being in a comfortable environment and sleeping in your own bed is a huge plus. Airplane flight and hotel beds have a way of contributing to fatigue. As much as the players know what is at stake and that they have to be prepared, it is always easier to say it than to do it. Having to get back "up" and play well in a hostile environment and an unfamiliar court is always a challenge. I'm glad RU won against Sparty. It might relieve some of the urgency in their minds.

No doubt Rutgers will be prepared and they have as much at stake as we do. But it is still always nice in big games to be the home dog and use the crowd's energy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT