ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers announces on line classes only for the fall semester

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition, if you look at underlying data, the fatality rate for people under age 45 is practically zero. I find it interesting everybody is so focused on uptick in cases (indicating significant exposure and additional widespread testing) with the deaths consistently falling. Trends remain positive yet decisions are being made today for something months in advance based on limited potential hazard to the age group competing.
It's not just an uptick in raw numbers. There's an uptick in the percentage of those who are testing positive.

It's way too soon to take a victory lap with respect to the mortality trends. Yes, it helps that the median age of recent positives is significantly younger than a few months ago. It also appears that, as doctors learn more about the disease and outcomes, they're modifying their treatment with favorable results. However, as Fauci pointed out the other day, the ratio of new cases to deaths reported daily could change because there may be a substantial lag before the data shows a higher death rate.

It's not just an uptick in raw numbers. There's an uptick in the percentage of those who are testing positive.

It's way too soon to take a victory lap with respect to the mortality trends. Yes, it helps that the median age of recent positives is significantly younger than a few months ago. It also appears that, as doctors learn more about the disease and outcomes, they're modifying their treatment with favorable results. However, as Fauci pointed out the other day, the ratio of new cases to deaths reported daily could change because there may be a substantial lag before the data shows a higher death rate.
I have also read that because we are testing more we are able to treat cases earlier keeping people from getting sick enough to die.

Also, they have better treatment now with a couple drugs that help and things like lying patients prone on their stomach which helps them to breathe.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
I understand your desperation to believe he’s not that dumb but all the evidence says he is that dumb. And we may soon discover he’s not that rich.
Well, he's richer than you are.

How many rich people do you know who are dumb? Outside of Teddy Kennedy?

https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/

“Donald Trump’s net worth has grown about 300% to an estimated $4 billion since 1987, according to a report by the Associated Press. But the real estate mogul would have made even more money if he had just invested in index funds. The AP says that, if Trump had invested in an index fund in 1988, his net worth would be as much as $13 billion.

The S&P 500 has grown 1,336% since 1988.”

Along the way, how many billions has he taken from others via his numerous bankruptcies? The only folks he’s made wealthier are lawyers, he’s always used legal action as a cudgel to get his way.
I think you made the point he's not dumb.

And he's richer than you.

Stop whining. I suggest you put me on ignore.
"Ignore" isn't enough with you because you continue to blow up otherwise good threads (like you're doing again here) and, in some cases, you've caused threads to be locked.

Reactions: 82hoosier
"Ignore" isn't enough with you because you continue to blow up otherwise good threads (like you're doing again here) and, in some cases, you've caused threads to be locked.
Why don't you try it and see.

You know it's bad when even Fox News has spoken out against a republican president a few times. Of course, Fox News is now biased lol.

You know it's bad when even Fox News has spoken out against a republican president a few times. Of course, Fox News is now biased lol.
That's one of the big differences between conservative vs liberal media. Conservative media will call out both sides when something is wrong. Liberal media will ignore it most of the time. And when I say conservative media I am referring to straight news such as Special Report on Fox with Brett Baier or Chris Wallace. The right and left opinion shows and MSM are are just preaching to the choir.

Reactions: DANC
That is complete BS. There is regular media that is fair in their reporting and Fox News that usually kisses the Republican rear with biased reporting. That is why it is a shock when Fox News actually grows some balls and stands up to their beloved dictator.

Just because the other news outlets don't sugarcoat what Trump has done doesn't make them "liberal media". Not their fault Trump provides a lot of material to report on that is appalling.
Perhaps you'd like to provide a list of the 'regular media that is fair in their reporting'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT