ADVERTISEMENT

Running a business

IU3

Junior
Mar 6, 2004
nothing easier to do than run a business when u have a fan base who will show up no matter what you do. IU is running a great basketball business making money and crapping on the fan base. It reminds me of the chicago Cubs pre ricketts. Why do anything when the fans will show up regardless of what you do. You say you can't afford a top coach at 6-7 mil a year (which is compete and utter bs) and the fans agree with you. Until you put aside accepting this mediocrity and bs you will have a middling program with really low expectations. Do you think Kentucky hoop, Bama football, Cubs baseball, Blackhawks hockey would not pay an extra couple million dollars to a top tier coach? Become a winner and your business will explode. Ask the Cubs. Make these clowns stop running a business and put winning first.

nothing easier to do than run a business when u have a fan base who will show up no matter what you do. IU is running a great basketball business making money and crapping on the fan base. It reminds me of the chicago Cubs pre ricketts. Why do anything when the fans will show up regardless of what you do. You say you can't afford a top coach at 6-7 mil a year (which is compete and utter bs) and the fans agree with you. Until you put aside accepting this mediocrity and bs you will have a middling program with really low expectations. Do you think Kentucky hoop, Bama football, Cubs baseball, Blackhawks hockey would not pay an extra couple million dollars to a top tier coach? Become a winner and your business will explode. Ask the Cubs. Make these clowns stop running a business and put winning first.
No one said we won't pay for a coach except people on this board. Nothing has been announced or decided. Quit throwing a fit and see what happens.

Reactions: cmsnow84
No one said we won't pay for a coach except people on this board. Nothing has been announced or decided. Quit throwing a fit and see what happens.

I've been throwing a fit for 8 years, and homer fans tell me to quit each time.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Let us not forget about the windfall of cash each B1G team has and will receive from the tv deals. Money is not a real issue. How badly do they want to win?

Reactions: iubhounds
Elite programs do both.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT