ADVERTISEMENT

Roundabouts Are Safer. So Why Does The U.S. Have So Few Of Them?

Your inability to comprehend basic aspects of science, explained in a clear jargon-free manner that most 5th graders could grasp, is not indicative of any lack of veracity of those truths that so elude and befuddle you.
You're adorable.

I'm correct about the aforementioned nutsack knowledge.
Let's analyze the origins of the misperception that I am some sort of "Brady fan".

About 15 years ago on this forum there were many Colts fans on here who longed to snuggle up to Peyton Manning's taint. Were you one of them? I don't recall. I made the rather straightforward assertion that Brady would be remembered as the better quarterback.

How well had that opinion aged? Quite well, I think. There is ONE QB GOAT.

Was it nice for Patriots fans to hear him say on Sunday that he's a Patriot for life? Sure! Kinda makes me conflicted about considering him a selfish traitorous fool for 3 years running.

But does my (somewhat fading) dislike for him cloud the absolute TRUTH that his career was far better than that of Pay-me-a-ton (in HGH) Manning? No way.

Let's analyze the origins of the misperception that I am some sort of "Brady fan".

About 15 years ago on this forum there were many Colts fans on here who longed to snuggle up to Peyton Manning's taint. Were you one of them? I don't recall. I made the rather straightforward assertion that Brady would be remembered as the better quarterback.

Was it nice for Patriots fans to hear him say on Sunday that he's a Patriot for life? Sure! Kinda makes me conflicted about considering him a selfish traitorous fool for 3 years running.

But does my (somewhat fading) dislike for him cloud the absolute TRUTH that his career was far better than that of Pay-me-a-ton (in HGH) Manning? No way.
@kkott
Predictable if nothing else.

Hitting the rack. Can't wait to read more tomorrow.

They are safer because the speed is low and impacts are almost always minor.

I like them a lot but they take a bit of getting used to especually the single entrance/exit dual lane versions. And there are roundabout tough guys out there as well laying on the horn at some old person being cautious.
I've driven in the UK, where roundabouts are everywhere.

Took me about 10 times going around the roundabout outside Heathrow to get off it. Driving on the left side can really screw you up.

Think Clark Griswald in European vacation in London.

Took me about 10 times going around the roundabout outside Heathrow to get off it. Driving on the left side can really screw you up.

Big Ben

Reactions: DANC

Brady had the better football career. Peyton the better person and more successful post football career.

Peyton the better person
Yeah, if you ignore the putting his junk on the trainer incident, the 2 lawsuits he lost & the payouts he made to keep that quiet, the HGH use, the extramarital affairs, the regular throwing of his teammates under the bus, the inability to take any blame for choking in the clutch... and I could go on...

Yeah, if you ignore the putting his junk on the trainer incident, the 2 lawsuits he lost & the payouts he made to keep that quiet, the HGH use, the extramarital affairs, the regular throwing of his teammates under the bus, the inability to take any blame for choking in the clutch... and I could go on...
He reportedly banged Angela Buchman. He's gold to me.

OMG my first experience was back in the 80's in Tijuana near the border. Anyone that's been down there knows the one I'm talking about its 4 lanes wide. Not to mention we were being chased by a car full of pissed off Mexicans coz my buddy decided to go after the hottest chick in Club Oh. That was pretty entertaining.

Anyways, I was thinking the other day as I approached Keystone and Smokey Row, the way things used to be 10-15 years ago and how pissed every light on Keystone made everyone. Roundabouts are a blessing. Traffic movers even at rush hour. You can fly through this town now with ease any time of day until recently. More and more you get stuck behind some dumb a$$ (@shooter) that moved here from a blue state (Illinois, Michigan, New York, California) that not only can't figure out how to enter one, but navigating to the other side is a comedy show.

• Love
Reactions: larsIU and DANC
Anyways, I was thinking the other day as I approached Keystone and Smokey Row, the way things used to be 10-15 years ago and how pissed every light on Keystone made everyone
Passed on buying a house just east of Keystone and 126th (?) when we moved back in '01 because of all the truck noise on Keystone. Stop at a light, engine break. Light turns green, wind it up. Rinse and repeat 4 more times.

Reactions: larsIU and DANC
Passed on buying a house just east of Keystone and 126th (?) when we moved back in '01 because of all the truck noise on Keystone. Stop at a light, engine break. Light turns green, wind it up. Rinse and repeat 4 more times.
Engine braking...Those bastards do it on purpose. :)

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Peyton the better person
TE Kyle Rudolph shared a few insights about his team and Tom Brady as a teammate on the Bucs last season.

Rudolph says that Brady had an empty locker next to him, where other players would put helmets, jerseys, pictures, footballs, all the stuff they wanted Tom to sign for them.

"There’d be notes on the stuff, a post-it note on a football—‘Sign this for Jimmy, it’s his birthday.’ At the end of the day, every day, he’d sit there and sign everything."

"My experience with Tom was incredible. First, the way he treated people. All people. The way he treated the Glazer family [Bucs owners] is exactly the way he treated the equipment guys or the janitor at 6:30 at night, when he and maybe one or two other guys were the last players in the building."

Reactions: kkott
Didn't say perfect, just better. And I would wager 50% of your list is either fiction or overstated.

Brady has a nutsack? Ya sure?

tom-brady-dance.gif
Didn't he lose it in the divorce?

• Haha
OMG my first experience was back in the 80's in Tijuana near the border. Anyone that's been down there knows the one I'm talking about its 4 lanes wide. Not to mention we were being chased by a car full of pissed off Mexicans coz my buddy decided to go after the hottest chick in Club Oh. That was pretty entertaining.

Anyways, I was thinking the other day as I approached Keystone and Smokey Row, the way things used to be 10-15 years ago and how pissed every light on Keystone made everyone. Roundabouts are a blessing. Traffic movers even at rush hour. You can fly through this town now with ease any time of day until recently. More and more you get stuck behind some dumb a$$ (@shooter) that moved here from a blue state (Illinois, Michigan, New York, California) that not only can't figure out how to enter one, but navigating to the other side is a comedy show.
People who don't know how to navigate roundabouts just piss me off. WHAT'S SO F'ING DIFFICULT about it?

I'll bet Zeke is befuddled by them.

• Haha
Reactions: Indianaftw
Freakonomics loves to talk about Roundabouts. Their SXM channel is replaying this one now.

Roundabouts can be dangerous, too, if people aren't paying attention. My friend was driving on 103rd(?) street on her way to Keystone when she saw a car going FLYING over the roundabout there. Big crash.

Have you driven on 32 east of 37 in Noblesville? Holy crap - it's like an obstacle course! lol

Reactions: hookyIU1990
People who don't know how to navigate roundabouts just piss me off. WHAT'S SO F'ING DIFFICULT about it?

I'll bet Zeke is befuddled by them.
Hey, Jethro, aren’t you the one that JUST said you drove around one 10 times? Good self own there. I drive them multiple times a day.

• Haha
Hey, Jethro, aren’t you the one that JUST said you drove around one 10 times? Good self own there. I drive them multiple times a day.
Yep, that was me. Ever tried to drive counter-clockwise on the left side of the road, Granny?

Chill out - I was just making sure you're paying attention.

Reactions: kkott
He should stick to what he knows. Namely the tensile strength of Tom Brady's nutsack as he swings from it and possibly chemistry. Although he's been so horribly wrong about the few things of which I have some knowledge, that I'm disinclined to believe anything he writes about his chemistry degrees either and can only assume I'm correct about the aforementioned nutsack knowledge.
Has the tensile strength of human nutsack been determined to be of any significant meaning other than to satisfy researcher curiosity? Apparently I’ve been removed from the world of academia for far too long.

• Haha
Has the tensile strength of human nutsack been determined to be of any significant meaning other than to satisfy researcher curiosity? Apparently I’ve been removed from the world of academia for far too long.
You'll have to ask the swinger scientist. I'm not able to weigh in on the technical requirements.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT