ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo and Juwan- best duo since EJ and DJ

Better than Cody and Victor????

The #2 and #4 draft picks? And Victor was runner up for national player of the year.

Romeo/Morgan will be a great duo - arguably the best in the Big Ten. But theyre closer to Yogi/Bryant than they are Cody/Oladipo.
I respectfully disagree. Bryant never had a complete season approaching the season that JM had last year. Bryant also had much better players around him then JM did last year. Cody and Vic both have more physical talent than JM, but his season last year, given how much he was depended on, his supporting cast, and at times playing out of position and double teamed, was as good as Cody’s and just a little behind Vic’s. My bet is that Romeo will have a much better first season than Yogi or Vic.

Reactions: IUgradman
Agree? These two will feed off one another very well. It will be great to have two elite scorers. Opponents can’t double them both and if they do it lets players like Smith, Jerome Hunter, Fitzner, and Devonte get easy looks. I like the roster for this upcoming season. Every player can contribute. No more Prillers or Aprils.
No one knows for sure, but they have great potential. So does the team. It's going to be a lot of fun watching the team get better all year long and I think contend for the Big Ten championship and maybe even the national championship.

I respectfully disagree. Bryant never had a complete season approaching the season that JM had last year. Bryant also had much better players around him then JM did last year. Cody and Vic both have more physical talent than JM, but his season last year, given how much he was depended on, his supporting cast, and at times playing out of position and double teamed, was as good as Cody’s and just a little behind Vic’s. My bet is that Romeo will have a much better first season than Yogi or Vic.
Oh, I would be very surprised if RL didn’t have a better freshman year than YF or VO. Romeo is a much more refined player coming in than either of those guys. And that’s no knock on YF or VO. He’s that good.

Can we at least wait to see how he translates to being a teammate with JM before we coronate them as ‘best ever’?

Of course, but it is reasonable to assume Romeo will be quite good. We assumed Cody would be good his freshman year and he absolutely was.

Of course, but it is reasonable to assume Romeo will be quite good. We assumed Cody would be good his freshman year and he absolutely was.
I’m not arguing that, but still let’s let the kid spend some time on court before declaring them ‘the best’.

Romeo is the top talent at IU and the top talent in the B1G. Other players may have more experience but nobody has more talent.

Has nothing to with their first years. The question is will RL be better his freshman year than Vic was his junior year or Yogi was his senior year. That’s what we’re comparing it to.

Has nothing to with their first years. The question is will RL be better his freshman year than Vic was his junior year or Yogi was his senior year. That’s what we’re comparing it to.

He will be better than both Vic and Yogi were as upperclassmen.

I sure hope so. I think he’ll be better than Yogi was as a freshman. If he’s as good as Vic was as a junior (runner up national player of the year) we’re in for a special year!

I sure hope so. I think he’ll be better than Yogi was as a freshman. If he’s as good as Vic was as a junior (runner up national player of the year) we’re in for a special year!

He will be better offensively but not defensively. Victor was a special player on that side of the ball.

He will be better offensively but not defensively. Victor was a special player on that side of the ball.
I hope so. I don’t think he’ll have the efficiency as Vic (60% FG% and 44% from 3) but I’d be shocked if he doesn’t average more points. Romeo will be asked to do a lot more.

I think some of you are going to have a little disappointment if you are putting this high of expectation on Romeo. Yes he is a great high school player and should do well this year but to say he should have a better season than a senior like Yogi had.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT