ADVERTISEMENT

Rome Wasn't Built In A Day

SixthFlagComing

Freshman
Dec 15, 2012
Young kids' bodies take time to develop. Coach Allen talked in the postgame presser about the team needing to continue to work on building its overall physical strength. We're young and just not physically big or strong enough in the trenches right now and it will take time for that to change with development and with recruiting.

Young kids' bodies take time to develop. Coach Allen talked in the postgame presser about the team needing to continue to work on building its overall physical strength. We're young and just not physically big or strong enough in the trenches right now and it will take time for that to change with development and with recruiting.
Wait a minute, that's not true. How in the world is the offensive line young? That's a group that is about experienced as a college line could possibly get. For whatever reasons, they just do not run block well.

Reactions: IUgradman
Wait a minute, that's not true. How in the world is the offensive line young? That's a group that is about experienced as a college line could possibly get. For whatever reasons, they just do not run block well.
Iowa has an exceptional DL, and Ramsey was kept fairly safe today. I'm more concerned with Hagan and our own DL.

How come other programs seem immune from the limitations that plague IU Football. Always too young, too underdeveloped. Too many lame excuses.

But Rome was built...however long it took. And they ruled the world...I can wait...vbg

Just give it more time. Right. We always need more time. Every other program has had some stretch of success, but at IU, we have to perpetually build. I have zero faith in this staff to develop players.

We're always too young.
Truth, if I had a dollar every time I read that on here, you know the rest!! Truth is, we are young on defense. However, we are very experienced on the offensive line and their inability to establish the running game, is a huge problem right now.

Reactions: IUCol and IUgradman

I thought all of our players were bigger and faster and stronger than ever before thanks to our new strength and conditioning program!

Truth, if I had a dollar every time I read that on here, you know the rest!! Truth is, we are young on defense. However, we are very experienced on the offensive line and their inability to establish the running game, is a huge problem right now.
Yep, this is an experienced OL and the same one that has never been good at run blocking. Perhaps they just are not capable?

Reactions: IUCol
Rome wasn’t built in 1 day. True.
History shows it took 1,009,491 days to build the city (some of that was through the city getting sacked and rebuilt). That’s 276 years to build Rome.

IU is almost there! If you guys can just live another 150 years, you’ll finally see a successful program at IU. Hang in there. As for me, I’m getting older and losing hope. Seen enough of this for the last 40+ years.

Rome wasn’t built in 1 day. True.
History shows it took 1,009,491 days to build the city (some of that was through the city getting sacked and rebuilt). That’s 276 years to build Rome.

IU is almost there! If you guys can just live another 150 years, you’ll finally see a successful program at IU. Hang in there. As for me, I’m getting older and losing hope. Seen enough of this for the last 40+ years.
So there is light at the end of the tunnel. I like the positive attitude!

I thought all of our players were bigger and faster and stronger than ever before thanks to our new strength and conditioning program!
I think they are. IU is closing the gap. These power teams are stronger and faster too. But the gap is not nearly as wide as it was at the beginning of the Wilson years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT