ADVERTISEMENT

RIP, Ken Starr

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
Died from complications following a surgery, so there's obviously more to the story.

Only posting the Newsweek story, because I know it gives a lot of you anxiety to give them clicks.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Died from complications following a surgery, so there's obviously more to the story.

Only posting the Newsweek story, because I know it gives a lot of you anxiety to give them clicks.

Civility won’t last long in this one.

As far as I'm concerned, there's never anything wrong with your posts. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Evidently I don’t know what I was talking about either, I am looking at the wrong thread.

Reactions: IUINSB
Ken Starr was a good man. An outstanding Christian family man, and loved by many. In his public life on the job, he was a partisan political hack. RIP.
I knew a lawyer who left his firm - same firm as Christopher Wray came from - to join Starr's investigation of Whitewater. This lawyer became a federal district court judge here in the ATL after he returned from the Whitewater assignment. Said Starr was a leader of men, and a lawyers' lawyer . . . .

The judge was appointed by W, of course. Can't say what role politics played in that appointment. Just stating the facts.

My dad is a diehard Dem, but when it came to finding the right man to give the oral argument for one of his cases in front of the Supreme Court he had no issue with hiring Ken Starr. He said he was a brilliant lawyer despite their differences.

I had to correct your post. Starr wasn't accused of anything regarding murder. That was a former IU basketball assistant coach, Dave Bliss.

I didn't think he was accused on it, but wasn't sure if he defended Baylor in some way from lawsuits.

I legit didn't realize Bliss was a former IU coach. Yikes Bobby!

I didn't think he was accused on it, but wasn't sure if he defended Baylor in some way from lawsuits.
I don't think that Starr, as university president, would do any defending. The university's GC would likely make a claim on the university's insurance company and the insurer would likely hire the outside attorney to handle any lawsuit. Of the GC would hire the outside lawyer would do so directly.

I can't imagine a university president getting involved in that stuff. It'd be like an attorney who became CEO of a company then representing the company in a lawsuit. That just doesn't happen. For example, Moynihan at BofA gave up his law license so he couldn't be sued for giving legal advice to bank customers . . . I can't imagine Starr participating in any of the Baylor lawsuits as an attorney.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I don't think that Starr, as university president, would do any defending. The university's GC would likely make a claim on the university's insurance company and the insurer would likely hire the outside attorney to handle any lawsuit. Of the GC would hire the outside lawyer would do so directly.

I can't imagine a university president getting involved in that stuff. It'd be like an attorney who became CEO of a company then representing the company in a lawsuit. That just doesn't happen. For example, Moynihan at BofA gave up his law license so he couldn't be sued for giving legal advice to bank customers . . . I can't imagine Starr participating in any of the Baylor lawsuits as an attorney.
Didn’t Starr get fired from Baylor for his handling of the sexual assault cases?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT