ADVERTISEMENT

RIP, Bob Newhart

His last show had one of the best series endings. He woke up from a dream and was in bed with Suzanne Pleshette, his wife from his first show.
I liked both of his shows but I liked the second one best. It’s streaming on Prime and I added it to my list yesterday. We’re in the last season of Frazier now and we’re going to watch Newhart next.

I liked both of his shows but I liked the second one best. It’s streaming on Prime and I added it to my list yesterday. We’re in the last season of Frazier now and we’re going to watch Newhart next.
My wife had never watched Cheers or Frazier. We've tried both and she can't do either one. Gives me the sads.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
My wife had never watched Cheers or Frazier. We've tried both and she can't do either one. Gives me the sads.
That is sad. It’s strange too. Is she an alien being?

Just kidding. Different strokes for different folks. How old is she? Maybe it just seems old school instead of classic to her. My 32 year old daughter loves some classics but can’t get into others.

That is sad. It’s strange too. Is she an alien being?

Just kidding. Different strokes for different folks. How old is she? Maybe it just seems old school instead of classic to her. My 32 year old daughter loves some classics but can’t get into others.
She's old enough to have watched them the first time around. She's just not a fan of some actors. She loves Seinfeld's stand up, but can't stand watching the show because of Jason Alexander.
I'll just bank the TV time for football and basketball season.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
She's old enough to have watched them the first time around. She's just not a fan of some actors. She loves Seinfeld's stand up, but can't stand watching the show because of Jason Alexander.
We watched every Seinfeld streaming too. Most of these shows were on when I was in the Navy so I missed all or some of many seasons due to to time at sea. I missed at least 75 percent of Seinfeld and Frazier because of that so most of the time I’m seeing the episodes for the first time. I didn’t miss so much of Cheers, but we watched all of those two or three years ago too. Still excellent comedy.

I actually think Seinfeld kinda ruined a show like Cheers for me. I loved Cheers when it ran. Tried watching it recently and all I could think was that Seinfeld is 100x funnier. Seinfeld absolutely holds up. It’s genius level comedy.

Tonight at 8, CBS is running a tribute to Bob. When I saw him in concert he said the clip below was his favorite, sadly this one is somewhat butchered in editing and I don't quickly see another in YouTube.

• Love
Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT