ADVERTISEMENT

Reibe Announcement 10/16

It certainly feels that way. This past year set us back on the recruiting trail considerably. We're almost all the way back to square one. It's quite possible we could lose Reibe and Mullins to UCONN and we had them on campus together. Losing Mullins will sting. We may be sitting in the spring waiting for another Woody miracle with a one man class. I honestly thought Sisley was the least likely to commit.

I wonder if we're trying to contact Mouhadid Sylla?

• Sad
Reactions: kkott and IUgradman
It certainly feels that way. This past year set us back on the recruiting trail considerably. We're almost all the way back to square one. It's quite possible we could lose Reibe and Mullins to UCONN and we had them on campus together. Losing Mullins will sting. We may be sitting in the spring waiting for another Woody miracle with a one man class. I honestly thought Sisley was the least likely to commit.

I wonder if we're trying to contact Mouhadid Sylla?
What information leads you to declare it feels that way?

What’s particularly disconcerting here is that this kid is a center. This staff had a great story to tell him about the success we’ve had with bigs and they still couldn’t get it done…

BTB kids think it's Uconn. we're getting our clocks cleaned by Hurley in recruiting right now. CMW betting the ranch this year on a very good store-bought season and portal success, maybe a last second spring steal ala Tucker. But a lot of swing-n-missing going on in the world of old-fashioned high school recruiting (as 'old fashioned' as million dollar NIL deals can be).

Reactions: birdforbogey
I hope we don’t get him. I’ll bet anyone here if Woody is the coach next year he will get a better player in the portal. Go after these dudes after their sophomore year. He won’t play till then anyways.

Developing players under woody with today’s rules won’t happen, and we will be better because of it. As long as woody is here we want old mercenaries. That will give us the best shot at success. I’m about to get bullish on this season!!

BTB kids think it's Uconn. we're getting our clocks cleaned by Hurley in recruiting right now. CMW betting the ranch this year on a very good store-bought season and portal success, maybe a last second spring steal ala Tucker. But a lot of swing-n-missing going on in the world of old-fashioned high school recruiting (as 'old fashioned' as million dollar NIL deals can be).
Hurley has a lot to sell as 2 time defending champion, and with putting guys in the league. No doubt he's going to get good players and classes as long as he's there and has the fire. I'm more interested in what Pope is doing at UK. He looks to be putting together a very good class that could be among the best in the country, as a pick that was pretty widely panned, especially by BBN it seemed.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Hurley has a lot to sell as 2 time defending champion, and with putting guys in the league. No doubt he's going to get good players and classes as long as he's there and has the fire. I'm more interested in what Pope is doing at UK. He looks to be putting together a very good class that could be among the best in the country, as a pick that was pretty widely panned, especially by BBN it seemed.
BBN loved the hire, 10k showed up to greet him, he's going to do a great job down there

UK fans didn’t initially love the hire. They were disappointed with the swings and misses at their top targets, and they were baffled by the Pope hire. He was out of nowhere given his limited track record (zero tourney wins).

But they accepted it and they’re obviously a very engaged fanbase that is going to get behind anyone off the bat.

UK has pretty good NIL and Pope is doing a nice job so far. We’ll see, he may work out well for them.

Reactions: asindc
I hope we don’t get him. I’ll bet anyone here if Woody is the coach next year he will get a better player in the portal. Go after these dudes after their sophomore year. He won’t play till then anyways.

Developing players under woody with today’s rules won’t happen, and we will be better because of it. As long as woody is here we want old mercenaries. That will give us the best shot at success. I’m about to get bullish on this season!!
This is weak class for centers anyway. We got in late on him too. I told the UK board whomever got Moreno the other would go portal. Looking like that’s what will happen.

The frequent misses on key recruits is an issue that must be addressed. I'm talking about the kids they have been on for years. To date the NIL has bailed them out and adding a five star very late in BT has masked the issue. Still, the past few recruiting classes have for the most part been a giant swing and a miss. Better hope they can hold onto their one commit this time around.

Reactions: IUgradman
The frequent misses on key recruits is an issue that must be addressed. I'm talking about the kids they have been on for years. To date the NIL has bailed them out and adding a five star very late in BT has masked the issue. Still, the past few recruiting classes have for the most part been a giant swing and a miss. Better hope they can hold onto their one commit this time around.
winning, and winning in convincing fashion this season, will cure that issue. we do need balanced recruiting of incoming freshmen and carefully selected portals

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT