ADVERTISEMENT

Ready for CCU Tournament

Just looking over the stats. I wonder if Mercer is going to play around with the lineup more? Really hasn't too much thus far (other than the not-every-day players alternating starts). I would kind of like to see Lloyd bat in front of Gorski to maybe get him some better pitches to hit to get him going. Could put Ashley at lead off since he is leading the team in OB%, and is 2 for 2 at stolen bases.

Reactions: snowling
IU 6 Northeastern 4. I wasn't able to follow this game, and haven't been able to get the box score. The UConn-IU game will start at 1p.m.

Reactions: snowling and mk23
IU 6 Northeastern 4. I wasn't able to follow this game, and haven't been able to get the box score. The UConn-IU game will start at 1p.m.
We scored 3 each in the first 2 innings, and that 6-0 lead lasted until the 8th when Milto gave up a 3-run HR. They scored another run in the 9th off of Manous. Kaletha hit one out in either the first or second.

Incredible that we always have to rely on opponents coverage. Lackluster support from Fred’s group.

Cross homers and Gorski goes yard to RF with a GS to bust the game open in T6. GBR! Sloan relieved in the 5th and gives up an unearned runs with two more IU errors in B6

After 6:

* * R H E
-IU 9 9 4
CU 4 5 1

Go Hoosiers!
Errors aside, I'm glad to see a little offense in this game. I had somewhat of a Schwarber/Travis flashback for awhile.

Errors aside, I'm glad to see a little offense in this game. I had somewhat of a Schwarber/Travis flashback for awhile.
And I like to see our strikeout numbers to go down. They struck the side out in the 7th, but there were only 4 before that.

Reactions: mk23
And I like to see our strikeout numbers to go down. They struck the side out in the 7th, but there were only 4 before that.
That’s going to be the big story of this year. Well, that and defense.

Beauchamp takes the mound in the 8th, gets in a jam, Lloyd enters in relief (1 out, 2 on) and loads the bases with a BB, but gets 2 outs to end the threat and the inning.
9th: After 1 out, Bunnell doubled, but is stranded; Huskies goes K, single, FC, runner reaches on an error, BB loads the bases, single nets 2 unearned runs and GO ends the game.

Final:

* * R H E
-IU 9 11 5
CU 6 7 1

Go Hoosiers!

IU beats UConn 9-6, but their fifth error of the game led to two unearned runs in the 9th, and also put the tying run at the plate before IU got that final out. Five errors, needless to say, is totally unacceptable. It's still a good win since UConn has been getting some love in the polls and ranked as high as 18th in the Perfect Game poll, and is currently at 21st in that poll.

https://goccusports.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary

Reactions: mk23 and snowling
Yeah. We’ll definitely take the W, but damn. This team seems to make things a lot harder on themselves than they need to. Make the routine plays, put the ball in play, lean on their starting pitching. And hit a timely bomb. Recipe for success.

Reactions: snowling and ptrich
And they were actually #5 in the RPI rankings going into the game, so this is a really good win for that. Bottom line, things are a lot better to accept after a win. I do think we are a much better defensive team than what today showed, with the 5 errors. We shall see, however.

2 Big wins today - those errors are going to catch up to us quickly- need to do much better in field- question- is Grant Richardson hurt or unable to get any PT so far....?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT