ADVERTISEMENT

Read/respond to this quick!

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
because I'd guess it will be deleted within the hour, but what an amazingly effective campaign Crean and Co have done of kowtowing their press and media. An embarrassing double digit loss to our rival, on a season where we've fallen like a meteor from top 5 with 2 of the best pre-con wins in the country to out of the tourney, all due to a single injury (no, we don't get to complain about Hartman when he hasn't played a lick all season)? Is there more evidence needed of poor roster planning than this, and our PG situation when we've known for 4 years when Yogi would be leaving?

And, from what I can see not a single local media source or story questioning the direction and future of our program and top 10 paid head coach, after this debacle? If they only spent half as much time teaching defense, valuing the ball and recruiting a more complete roster, as they obviously have pressuring their press contingent on how to write their stories. Fortunately I think many national media folks will continue to point out our Emperor has no clothes!

because I'd guess it will be deleted within the hour, but what an amazingly effective campaign Crean and Co have done of kowtowing their press and media. An embarrassing double digit loss to our rival, on a season where we've fallen like a meteor from top 5 with 2 of the best pre-con wins in the country to out of the tourney, all due to a single injury (no, we don't get to complain about Hartman when he hasn't played a lick all season)? Is there more evidence needed of poor roster planning than this, and our PG situation when we've known for 4 years when Yogi would be leaving?

And, from what I can see not a single local media source or story questioning the direction and future of our program and top 10 paid head coach, after this debacle? If they only spent half as much time teaching defense, valuing the ball and recruiting a more complete roster, as they obviously have pressuring their press contingent on how to write their stories. Fortunately I think many national media folks will continue to point out our Emperor has no clothes!
The only thing worse than anger is apathy. IU looks to be remodeling their rut, rather than doing everything possible to escape it. A generation ago when fewer options existed, the fans would have largely remained loyal. Today, it would be a mistake for the University to expect that going forward.

Reactions: reabhnt

Good thoughts. The only thing I have to offer is in reference to your point guard question: Crean tried every year to add a quality point guard. If you looked at the hot board there were guys every year that were more than just serviceable replacements. The problem was Crean couldn't close. Maybe the "Crean's a good recruiter" is purely mythical, not based on solid roster management. A reputation built solely on the star ratings of incoming players without consideration to how their individual roles within the team could gel. My two cents... as over-valued as they may be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT