ADVERTISEMENT

Re Allegations against Dr Bomba….

DRE was part of my sports physicals in the early 80s until my doctor retired. New doc didn't do them. I imagine the difference was med school in the 30s & 40s vs the 70s & 80s.

There's a reason for the adage that you want a young doctor and an old lawyer.

Reactions: All4You
My freshman year (86-87), I got really sick and was misdiagnosed by the IU Student Health Center. A family friend knew Dr. Bomba and asked him to give a second opinion. He correctly diagnosed and probably saved my life. For that reason, I hope this isn't true.

The NBC sports article says that he is not named in the lawsuit, just the university & trustees. Any legal minds out there know if this is normal or why he wouldn't be named as a defendant?

My freshman year (86-87), I got really sick and was misdiagnosed by the IU Student Health Center. A family friend knew Dr. Bomba and asked him to give a second opinion. He correctly diagnosed and probably saved my life. For that reason, I hope this isn't true.

The NBC sports article says that he is not named in the lawsuit, just the university & trustees. Any legal minds out there know if this is normal or why he wouldn't be named as a defendant?
$$. Bomba is over 90 years old and may not even be mentally competent anymore. They’re going for the deeper pockets.

There are distinct indications for doing a rectal exam and it is NOT done in the absence of signs and symptoms, especially in children and adolescents. It is not a routine screen. Further, the examiner should explain the reasons for the procedure and obtain verbal consent.
Indications
  • Change in bowel habit
  • Prostate evaluation
  • Rectal bleeding
  • Urinary or fecal incontinence
Calling these guys "dead beats" looking for a payday is pathetic.
The "good" doctor was part of the RMK machine and one need remember the players were at the mercy of the physician who has the ability to keep them off the court. We all heard the same invective language with the wrestlers that Gym Jordan didn't protect at OSU before an investigation was done.

I would suggest we all learn the facts from a honest investigation before we pontificate.
This post is hypocritical as hell. Get your shots in at Bomba and Knight, then tell everyone else you suggest they wait for the facts before pontificating.

Reactions: gator mcCluskey

I’m not a legal mind, but I assume they go for the softest target with the most money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT