ADVERTISEMENT

Random thought on depth...

Sam_Beishuizen

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2016
Bloomington, Indiana
I was sitting around thinking about the 2014 season and Nate Sudfeld getting hurt last night. When Sudfeld went down, the season was shot. Over. Done.

Then I thought about this season and this roster. I'm not so sure there's a situation where that would happen this year. That is, I don't think one player getting hurt would cost the Hoosiers a seasonew. I think that's a credit to 1) Depth and 2) Not relying on one guy as heavily as IU relied on Sudfeld.

I'm trying to think of who IU most can't afford to lose to injury. I immediately think of Dan Feeney, the best player, but the line is deep enough where I think he can be replaced with limited drop off, relatively. Sure, it would hurt. But it wouldn't cost multiple wins.

Running back is the same. Devine Redding getting hurt would definitely hurt the offense, but it wouldn't kill it with guys like Mike Majette and company behind him.

So my question is who do you think is IU's most indispensable player? Another way of thinking of it is who, if you took him off the roster all season, would cost IU the most wins?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News