ADVERTISEMENT

Race Thompson

mobilehoosier

Senior
Nov 17, 2012
Mobile, Alabama
very glad to have Race back and playing well. I thought we were playing better then he got hurt and we dumped a few. He’s D is critical inside. I hope we continue to show improvement. We played with grit last night. Garza got to be player of the year finalist. Tough kid. He got away with lots of fouls but good players get that even on the road. Without Garza they don’t have much.
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

very glad to have Race back and playing well. I thought we were playing better then he got hurt and we dumped a few. He’s D is critical inside. I hope we continue to show improvement. We played with grit last night. Garza got to be player of the year finalist. Tough kid. He got away with lots of fouls but good players get that even on the road. Without Garza they don’t have much.
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!
Iowa is a really good team. Indiana played very well and took advantage of some opportunities that may not be available on any other day.

Iowa had one starting forward suspended for this game. They had another shooter go down with an ankle injury. IU knew Garza would score so focused Smith and others to shut down the other shooter. Then Green caught lightening in a bottle. Race keeps getting better and really helped. TJD did what TJD does. DD stood firm. Phin did well, too.

I am not saying it all was luck. Kudos to Smith on his defense. And on the team for playing like this game mattered. Defense won the game...and effort....and the stars were in alignment.

Reactions: Sassy61
Iowa is a really good team. Indiana played very well and took advantage of some opportunities that may not be available on any other day.

Iowa had one starting forward suspended for this game. They had another shooter go down with an ankle injury. IU knew Garza would score so focused Smith and others to shut down the other shooter. Then Green caught lightening in a bottle. Race keeps getting better and really helped. TJD did what TJD does. DD stood firm. Phin did well, too.

I am not saying it all was luck. Kudos to Smith on his defense. And on the team for playing like this game mattered. Defense won the game...and effort....and the stars were in alignment.

That's sports. The problem is, we've generally been susceptible and lost when we've been short-handed, and we don't always take advantage when the other team is. Glad we did this time. Doesn't diminish the outcome in any way shape or form. In fact, I'm fine if every team we play for the rest of the season gets Norovirus before we play them as long as they don't infect our players! Do I sound as desperate to make the NCAA as I am?

Reactions: Radio Zero

When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars.....

Iowa is a really good team. And yes they did have some guys out but we’ve lost the same way so no quarter. Huge grin! Nice post.

Reactions: Radio Zero

The guy suspended was no where near a starter unless you are going clear back to the start of the year when Nunge was starting.

The reason your post sounds like you are saying it was luck is because it sounds like you are saying it was luck.

Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!
That was a solid game by Race. Garza is a beast!

The guy suspended was no where near a starter unless you are going clear back to the start of the year when Nunge was starting.

Iowa really could have been a hell of a team this year....

The other McCaffery has apparently won his cancer fight but won't play until next year. He was a top 50 guy out of HS. Then they lost Nunge & Bohannon.

Losing Frederick is a killer for them......their #7 guy going forward (after they get the suspended F back next game) is a walk-on. Early word on Frederick is a severe high-ankle sprain. They're definitely on the bubble now.

With Frederick, they might have made a game of it........the early signs of an IU collapse were there last night. Iowa was just so limited they could do nothing with it.

Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

Let's hope he doesn't fall down again.

Vegas likely hates IU because you never know which Green is going to show up.
The things that gives me hope is we finally have healthy roster and Green played well last year down the stretch. Maybe we get the good Green from now on.

Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!

Looking at the Box Score.....4 steals stands out....

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Thoughts?
Go Hoosiers!
I hadn't thought about our 4 game slide starting after Race got hurt. Archie said he still wasn't right for the purdue game. I think of his play similar to Morgan in his first two years. He can score, but does the little things well and can defend a bigger player. When Brunk struggles to defend and score, Race is a good person to bring in. He might actually be a better fit with TJD and Smith.

Garza would look good for the Pacers, but I doubt he would be there when the Pacers pick.

not sure what his current draft status is, but wouldn’t be surprised if he gets undervalued by several teams and skips further than he should. He has a ton of tools in his offensive tool belt!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT