ADVERTISEMENT

Quit scheduling big games against good teams

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Getting beat by 20-30 points against good teams does nothing for the program except continued embarrassment. Please stop

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerNGold013
Yeah, let’s just play teams like North Alabama, Kennesaw State, and Morehead State. Get some 8-12 point wins over these guys… Who wants to be like U Conn and Duke anyway…

Reactions: IUgradman
Many on this board thought that our win on the road against a pathetic Michigan team was "huge." Maybe we should eliminate out of conference games and only schedule B1G teams. A middle of the pack SEC team on a neutral floor is too tough. Apparently.

Reactions: ulrey and bailey777
Getting beat by 20-30 points against good teams does nothing for the program except continued embarrassment. Please stop
The last two season’s destination #IUBB games have seen the Hoosiers get beat by a combined 84 points. Vegas - Arizona - 14Kansas - 22NYC - UConn - 20Atlanta - Auburn - 28

We may play better vs kansas due to it being a home game but I still think we end up losing by 15
The timing of this game was terrible, and a horrible idea by those responsible. After a late Tuesday night conference road game, any game this weekend should have been at AH. This is an inexperienced team that needs as much practice time as possible. At best, the team had two days of practice time to prepare for Auburn, sandwiched in between flights. Assuming that the primary focus for the past week was on the two conference games ( as it should be), a late flight in from UM followed by a day-after-game practice on Wednesday ( which is seldom conducive to getting much work done) left only Thursday for a full scale practice in prep for Auburn. Another flight out on Friday left only a brief workout/walkthrough and then an afternoon game on Saturday against one of the top programs in the country who had a 90-minute bus ride to Atlanta. It was a recipe for disaster. It would have been a challenge for an experienced team, it was stupid to expect a young team with so many new faces to not lay an egg.

I'm not making any argument that we are a top-twenty team victimized by the circumstances. But from the first time I noticed this game on the schedule, it had me scratching my head. As thin as we are at guard (some of which is the staff's own failure), I would have been shocked if we had actually played well. Playing UConn and Kansas is probably good for us, just to find out where we are and the timing of those games is favorable. This game against Auburn was pointless - even detrimental- in my opinion.

Many on this board thought that our win on the road against a pathetic Michigan team was "huge." Maybe we should eliminate out of conference games and only schedule B1G teams. A middle of the pack SEC team on a neutral floor is too tough. Apparently.
Auburn has a good shot at being much better than mid-pack SEC.

FDU was a #17 seed.

daffy-duck-ahh.gif

I bet if Woodie schedule cupcakes, you would be whinging about that.

There is a long term purpose to scheduling tough teams.

At least the good teams we play in non-con ground the fan base a bit. Things were getting a little too optimistic after the Michigan win!

And that is,
At least the good teams we play in non-con ground the fan base a bit. Things were getting a little too optimistic after the Michigan win!
We can still schedule decent solid games against teams other SEC and ACC teams that are middle of the pack. But at what point to you realized getting thrashed by 20 to 30 against top 15 teams means you simply cannot compete with them. It is flat out embarrassing.

And that is,

We can still schedule decent solid games against teams other SEC and ACC teams that are middle of the pack. But at what point to you realized getting thrashed by 20 to 30 against top 15 teams means you simply cannot compete with them. It is flat out embarrassing.
Then don't watch dumb f***. You took a nearly two week hiatus in-between the UConn and Auburn losses and have 40+ posts since Saturday.

FDU was a #17 seed.
Yeah they were and it was an extremely embarrassing loss on all fronts no doubt.

But doesnt change the fact that Purdue has been absolutely dominant in the pre-season the last three years beating teams that IU can only dream of competing with at the moment.

Ill even give Woody credit. He knows how to beat our system and IU looks like they care more to win the rivalry games than under the last guy. He could very easily be 4-0 against Painter.

I'll raise you five....just leave the B1G altogether....In fact, join Division II....and play for the national title.

Yeah they were and it was an extremely embarrassing loss on all fronts no doubt.

But doesnt change the fact that Purdue has been absolutely dominant in the pre-season the last three years beating teams that IU can only dream of competing with at the moment.

Ill even give Woody credit. He knows how to beat our system and IU looks like they care more to win the rivalry games than under the last guy. He could very easily be 4-0 against Painter.
What would Izzo or Knight say? It ain't where you start, but where you finish.

Kansas didn’t look very good against Mizzou. Sixteen turnovers and average shooting. Dicknson still plays like he has a rod up his ass. I will not concede this game until I have to and in the friendly confines besides.

Kansas didn’t look very good against Mizzou. Sixteen turnovers and average shooting. Dicknson still plays like he has a rod up his ass. I will not concede this game until I have to and in the friendly confines besides.
OK, but how did Auburn look against App State?

Just take it a step at a time preserving hope. First ten minutes then half time then 10 minutes second half and final. Even a few minutes of hope during the game is great. I was surprised how average KU played but they do turn and burn on the break.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT