ADVERTISEMENT

Questions on St Louis Indictment

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
So a Grand Jury in St Louis just handed down Indictments for the McCloskey's in the encounter with BLM protestors outside their home.
They were indicted for felony unlawful use of a weapon, which likely resulted from them pointing their guns. But there was also a charge for "tampering with evidence", which arouses my curiosity. Their attorney says he doesn't know what prompted that charge, but I was curious if any of the attorneys here might be able to shed some light?

One idea that occurs to me is that it could have something to do with the "damaged gate". I've felt from the start that it might have been the McCloskeys who actually damaged the gate, as a way to bolster their claims that they felt threatened by an unruly crowd. This is what Mark McCloskey said today, and based on videos taken at the time as well as a day or two later some of this is obviously a lie...

“Every single human being that was in front of my house was a criminal trespasser,” McCloskey said. “They broke down our gate. They trespassed on our property. Not a single one of those people is now charged with anything. We’re charged with felonies that could cost us four years of our lives and our law licenses.”

Can you really claim that people who are NOT on YOUR property are trespassing on "your property"? The McCloskey's have been sued previously by other residents/neighbors who were actually threatened at gunpoint by the McCloskeys when they were standing on land the McCloskeys falsely claimed belonged to them. I assume the 9 people who were initially charged with misdemeanor trespass were people who had actually stepped into their yard. But I don't see how someone can straightfacedly claim that standing on a street in front of their house would constitute trespassing on "their property".

https://apnews.com/article/st-louis...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter

So a Grand Jury in St Louis just handed down Indictments for the McCloskey's in the encounter with BLM protestors outside their home.
They were indicted for felony unlawful use of a weapon, which likely resulted from them pointing their guns. But there was also a charge for "tampering with evidence", which arouses my curiosity. Their attorney says he doesn't know what prompted that charge, but I was curious if any of the attorneys here might be able to shed some light?

One idea that occurs to me is that it could have something to do with the "damaged gate". I've felt from the start that it might have been the McCloskeys who actually damaged the gate, as a way to bolster their claims that they felt threatened by an unruly crowd. This is what Mark McCloskey said today, and based on videos taken at the time as well as a day or two later some of this is obviously a lie...

“Every single human being that was in front of my house was a criminal trespasser,” McCloskey said. “They broke down our gate. They trespassed on our property. Not a single one of those people is now charged with anything. We’re charged with felonies that could cost us four years of our lives and our law licenses.”

Can you really claim that people who are NOT on YOUR property are trespassing on "your property"? The McCloskey's have been sued previously by other residents/neighbors who were actually threatened at gunpoint by the McCloskeys when they were standing on land the McCloskeys falsely claimed belonged to them. I assume the 9 people who were initially charged with misdemeanor trespass were people who had actually stepped into their yard. But I don't see how someone can straightfacedly claim that standing on a street in front of their house would constitute trespassing on "their property".

https://apnews.com/article/st-louis...AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter
we've gone through this. they own the street. they own the sidewalks. they own all of it. it's private property. they literally own the neighborhood. i know you're having a hard time letting that register and i get it because it really is a peculiar thing unique to this little area in stl.

as for tampering i'll find out and report back to you. husband and wife got different judges. i know the judge presiding over his case very well. hilarious gay guy. really good dude. anyway, this is a case that represents the vagaries of the justice system and how punishment is meted out. if they lived in the county it's highly unlikely charges would have been brought. if they lived one more county over in saint charles there's zero chance charges would have been brought. but. here it stands in the city where the jury pool will be half black and the judge is gay and a former dem state rep. so who knows.

as an aside mcloskey's lawyer is with the best crim defense firm in the region. the city prosecutor gardner is a half-wit but the prosecutor assigned is very smart. class e felony in 99 percent of cases they'd get plea deals (with no priors probably even an sis) but given the current milieu who the f knows

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT