ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Buying 1st/2nd Round March Madness Tix?

IUclover

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2015
I'm planning on attending my first March Madness game(s) this year in Denver for 1st and/or 2nd round. I just want the experience so I don't really care who's playing, plus it's my Bday weekend and I already have that Thursday and Friday off.

Currently, all session tickets range from $550+ and I'm willing to spend more than that for better seats. For anyone with experience, when would be the best time to buy tickets (now?) and should I buy full session tickets or individually for each game?

Thanks in advance. And if anyone else wants to attend with me, feel free to join me - my commute from home to the stadium will be about an hour.

probably do better buying the 1st session then buying on the secondary market. a lot of tickets hit the market as teams lose. also, it depends on who's there, I've attended some in Louisville and the place will be half empty especially for the day games..

Reactions: IUclover
I'm planning on attending my first March Madness game(s) this year in Denver for 1st and/or 2nd round. I just want the experience so I don't really care who's playing, plus it's my Bday weekend and I already have that Thursday and Friday off.

Currently, all session tickets range from $550+ and I'm willing to spend more than that for better seats. For anyone with experience, when would be the best time to buy tickets (now?) and should I buy full session tickets or individually for each game?

Thanks in advance. And if anyone else wants to attend with me, feel free to join me - my commute from home to the stadium will be about an hour.
Timing is a crap shoot. Once the pairings are announced the activity will be swift. If a team like an IU that travels big is there the ticket prices will jump.

Reactions: IUclover
Timing is a crap shoot. Once the pairings are announced the activity will be swift. If a team like an IU that travels big is there the ticket prices will jump.
in Denver? I don't think iu would move the needle that much. Kansas being there would probably inflate prices. iu fans do travel but going that far west maybe a couple of thousand at most.

in Denver? I don't think iu would move the needle that much. Kansas being there would probably inflate prices. iu fans do travel but going that far west maybe a couple of thousand at most.
As I said..."like an IU" .

IU travels well anywhere but would move the needle in some markets and control in others. UK would do the same just as KU or a handful of others.

As for KU, it is flight for most anyway just like IU fans.

As I said..."like an IU" .

IU travels well anywhere but would move the needle in some markets and control in others. UK would do the same just as KU or a handful of others.

As for KU, it is flight for most anyway just like IU fans.
gotcha, toughest things for fans is the ability to get to a game. An announcement on Sunday night then trying to make a tournament site by Thursday if it's not drivable is pretty tough and expensive to do., if somehow IU gets to the sweet 16 and can play in Louisville 90 percent of the crowd would be Hoosiers.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
gotcha, toughest things for fans is the ability to get to a game. An announcement on Sunday night then trying to make a tournament site by Thursday if it's not drivable is pretty tough and expensive to do., if somehow IU gets to the sweet 16 and can play in Louisville 90 percent of the crowd would be Hoosiers.
Sadly, we will be sent where they need ticket sales. And, yes, the Sunday to Thursday turnaround is a pain to do.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll buy first day (Thursday) tickets since there are some lower level at a pretty good price. If I'm motivated to go the following days, I'll see what I can find.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT