ADVERTISEMENT

QAnon Queen, Rep. Lauren Boebert, ALLEGED to have been a pre-riot Capitol recon tour guide

Yeah but I do think it important to stress we are only taking about most of them. A small handful, the ones carrying restraints, sharing up to date info about lawmakers' locations and how to access them, that smells like something more sinister.
Everybody who stepped into the building needs to serve some time. The restraint guys shouldn't get out till they are very old men. Being morons shouldn't be a get out of jail free card. (Unless of course they are morons in the clinical sense)

Yeah but I do think it important to stress we are only taking about most of them. A small handful, the ones carrying restraints, sharing up to date info about lawmakers' locations and how to access them, that smells like something more sinister.
I think you, Ranger and McMurtry have gone too much the other way to exonerate the mob. They knew what they were doing. Besides, their denial of worse intent is not automatically credible without something else to support it.

By being there with their Trump banners, stop the steal signs etc. they were part of the whole thing -- no excuses.

I've read estimates that only about 35% of the American population at the time participated in the American Revolution. It was still a Revolution.

Isn't the unarmed getaway driver still equally liable if the bank robbers kill someone inside the bank? I'm sure that's the case but I forget what the legal point is called.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I think you, Ranger and McMurtry have gone too much the other way to exonerate the mob. They knew what they were doing. Besides, their denial of worse intent is not automatically credible without something else to support it.

By being there with their Trump banners, stop the steal signs etc. they were part of the whole thing -- no excuses.

I've read estimates that only about 35% of the American population at the time participated in the American Revolution. It was still a Revolution.

Isn't the unarmed getaway driver still equally liable if the bank robbers kill someone inside the bank? I'm sure that's the case but I forget what the legal point is called.
Who's exonerating them? My point was only that they were mostly stupid without much of a plan. They were still criminally seditious.

And there was one guy and his close circle who called them to town, whipped them into a frenzy, and pointed them at the Capitol. All the while knowing (or willfully ignoring) what everyone else in town knew, there was A LOT of internet chatter about violence in DC on Jan 6.

If I'm suspending disbelief for a moment and putting myself in the shoes of these protestors both BLM and those at the Capitol. I could easily see how one might walk right into the Capitol if the Capitol police are ushering people in like they were. It's a once and a lifetime opportunity. Based on doing that alone am I seditious if I have no intent to harm anyone once inside? I'm not so sure. Obviously forcefully overtaking the police is a different story.

Likewise if I'm at a BLM protest and the guy next to me starts breaking windows, I don't think that makes me a criminal by proximity alone.

Crowds no matter their purpose have a tendency to bring out primal emotions and otherwise reasonable people can get swept up in the fray. People do things in a group they would never do on an island, all it takes is a spark.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
And there was one guy and his close circle who called them to town, whipped them into a frenzy, and pointed them at the Capitol. All the while knowing (or willfully ignoring) what everyone else in town knew, there was A LOT of internet chatter about violence in DC on Jan 6.
Always remember Charlie didn't kill anybody.

Accomplish or accessory to the crime?

Bullshit. I’m not exonerating anybody. I’m lambasting the Democratic effort to capitalize on it whilst ignoring how their narratives and tacit support fuel riots costing lives and billions of dollars. That’s where my argument starts and stops.

Likewise if I'm at a BLM protest and the guy next to me starts breaking windows, I don't think that makes me a criminal by proximity alone.

Well, if you also pick up a brick and lob it through a window b/c others in the mob are doing it, you're a criminal. if you're just at the protest and some jerkoff next to you does it, you're not.

If you're at the capitol and bunch of jackasses start storming the doors and you happen to enter after they do, you're a trespasser. Sure, mobs do stupid shit, but if you do stupid shit, you're a stupid criminal. Even if it's very minor trespassing violation. I would agree with others here that the vast majority of the morons at the capitol protest were non violent and just wandering around being part of the "movement". However, you cross the threshold of the capitol, you're a trespasser. I don't think they should be rounded up for sedition or anything, but saying it's a "once in a lifetime opportunity" is kind of whitewashing their, albeit minor, crime.

To be sure, the vast majority of people committing crimes both during this summer's protests or during the capitol protest will never be charged or prosecuted. I also don't think we should spend an inordinate amount of time trying to locate those minor offenders. The arsonists this summer. You bet. The weirdos trying to coordinate some kind of coup attempt Jan 6. You bet.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Bullshit. I’m not exonerating anybody. I’m lambasting the Democratic effort to capitalize on it whilst ignoring how their narratives and tacit support fuel riots costing lives and billions of dollars. That’s where my argument starts and stops.
Good. In that case, if I read this correctly, you'll be interested to read that the feds have escalated the misdemeanor charges against Jenny Cudd (i.e. the may-I-go-to-Mexico defendant) by indicting her for several felonies.

Apparently, according to the story, the feds can't charge a felony without going through the grand jury process. That could explain why so many of the charges we already know about are misdemeanors (grand juries take longer).

I think if you’d check your emotion and partisanship at the door for a minute and realize you’re talking to two lawyers with critical thinking and logic skills and someone who’s been in riot control before and has gone out of his way to give Democrats a lot of benefit of the doubt over the years you’d delete your post. It’s all emotional drivel with very little reasoning and logic.

Good. In that case, if I read this correctly, you'll be interested to read that the feds have escalated the misdemeanor charges against Jenny Cudd (i.e. the may-I-go-to-Mexico defendant) by indicting her for several felonies.

Apparently, according to the story, the feds can't charge a felony without going through the grad jury process. That could explain why so many of the charges we already kmow about are misdemeanors (grand juries take longer).

I am in favor of full prosecution of all crimes that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. That includes rioting while being white and rioting while being black and rioting by being Latino and rioting by being Republican and rioting by being Democratic.

I am all for peaceful protest. I am fully against using false data - including data lacking in full analysis and being politicized by those who commercially and politically seek to divide us - for anything that puts lives, livelihoods, and property in danger. And that has been done extensively by both sides all year. Some overtly and some tacitly.

Shortly after January 6 I remember reading an analysis that said most of the people just came there as part of the protest. There was a small, very small probably, number of people, in several groups, that intended violence, they intended to break into the capital building. Their plan was to incite the Unwitting mob to follow them in. And they succeeded.

I suspect law-enforcement is trying to separate these people, not that trespassing shouldn’t be punished, but there are two basically different intents involved here. The malicious intent to disrupt and perform violent acts and the intent to protest what they viewed as a stolen election.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
Shortly after January 6 I remember reading an analysis that said most of the people just came there as part of the protest. There was a small, very small probably, number of people, in several groups, that intended violence, they intended to break into the capital building. Their plan was to incite the Unwitting mob to follow them in. And they succeeded.

I suspect law-enforcement is trying to separate these people, not that trespassing shouldn’t be punished, but there are two basically different intents involved here. The malicious intent to disrupt and perform violent acts and the intent to protest what they viewed as a stolen election.
They could protest all they wanted at Trump's rally one mile away from the Capitol, where they had a permit. They gained very little additional ability to protest on the Capitol grounds, but being there allowed them to do what they did.

There may have been a few that left the Capitol grounds when they saw the battles with police. But the number of people inside the Capitol was not a small group at all.

I think if you’d check your emotion and partisanship at the door for a minute and realize you’re talking to two lawyers with critical thinking and logic skills and someone who’s been in riot control before and has gone out of his way to give Democrats a lot of benefit of the doubt over the years you’d delete your post. It’s all emotional drivel with very little reasoning and logic.
Not so. There's no emotion and no drivel and a fair amount of reasoning and logic in Post 202. It's OK to disagree though. I could be wrong.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa

A word of advice.... Just admit that she’s a hypocrite on this one. If you go down the rabbit hole of trying to defend her..... people will only think you’re more silly than they already do.
If this is the case, yes, she needs to be called out and fined and busted and whatever else is appropriate. That said, if you follow the Twitter link it appears the Sargent at Arms and the US Capitol Police are unable to verify the charge.

Seems to me the "multiple members" should have no problem identifying themselves and providing an account of what they saw.

Reactions: iuwclurker
If this is the case, yes, she needs to be called out and fined and busted and whatever else is appropriate. That said, if you follow the Twitter link it appears the Sargent at Arms and the US Capitol Police are unable to verify the charge.

Seems to me the "multiple members" should have no problem identifying themselves and providing an account of what they saw.

O.K. But this is silly house procedural nonsense. It’s not worthy of investigations and accounts on the record.

Be honest with yourself..... she almost definitely broke the house rules.

A word of advice.... Just admit that she’s a hypocrite on this one. If you go down the rabbit hole of trying to defend her..... people will only think you’re more silly than they already do.

If true then she should be fined like everyone else.

But sorry if i hold back believing it. Still waiting on proof of election fraud.

O.K. But this is silly house procedural nonsense. It’s not worthy of investigations and accounts on the record.

Be honest with yourself..... she almost definitely broke the house rules.

Based on what? Political bias?

co-sign. she's a real piece of work. saint louis city is a mess. "we have the government we deserve."
Inmates smash windows, set fire at St Louis city jail.
Cori Bush: "I want to talk to my constituents in the window. Their lives and their rights must be protected. My team and I are working to ensure that the urgent needs of the people who are incarcerated are not ignored."
My question: Is this riot nonviolent?

Inmates smash windows, set fire at St Louis city jail.
Cori Bush: "I want to talk to my constituents in the window. Their lives and their rights must be protected. My team and I are working to ensure that the urgent needs of the people who are incarcerated are not ignored."
My question: Is this riot nonviolent?
You wouldn’t believe the videos of it. People dancing in the street hollering back at the inmates.

That said I’d be super pissed too. Their court dates keep getting rolled bc of Covid and backed up dockets etc.

Cori Bush though. The left version of Boebert....

You wouldn’t believe the videos of it. People dancing in the street hollering back at the inmates.

That said I’d be super pissed too. Their court dates keep getting rolled bc of Covid and backed up dockets etc.

Cori Bush though. The left version of Boebert....
There is absolutely no reason for their court dates to get rolled back.

There is absolutely no reason for their court dates to get rolled back.
No in person hearings backed everything up. They roll cases on 30/60/90 day dockets. I’d be losing my shit too. Where they set fires and broke out the windows is the nice jail. You should see the workhouse. Movies could be made about that place. Frightening.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT