ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty much exactly what one should expect of/see in a contender at this point.

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
No question IU wasn't playing against a great or even good team today (even if JSU did give MI all they could handle), but that doesn't matter. What does is IU absolutely dominating, not turning the ball over much, hitting very respectable percentage and volume from deep, playing great defense, and showing an opportunistic and dangerous offensive facility/flair distinctly at variance with recent history. As a bonus the bench outscored the starters led by Tamar's coming out party. Everyone played, everyone scored, everyone contributed, even if IU's new PG isn't yet making a strong case as a SG.

They're ready. Can't fault them for taking care of business, but they should get full credit for how they've done and are doing it.

1-2-3-FAMILY. That's new isn't it? That late dish from Bates to Malik underneath comes to mind...

Xavier Johnson. 'Nuff said.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏

Just dont be surprised if IU comes out flat or struggles against UNC or AZ! Bad days happen sometimes. Those 2 teams will probably hit everything they throw up against IU! Every game against IU is a super bowl game for the other team! It’s a long season and anything can happen. We should most definitely be a ncaa tourny team, but it will also be a long and tough B10 schedule to get through! Hoping for the best though!

Imagined today's execution and emphatic thrashing would have generated a bit more in the way of excitement. Tough crowd I suppose, but not unreasonable.

Someone commented that his friend said he "can't ever remember IU looking so tall, big, and long". Post Knight, I can't remember IU looking so solid on both ends of the Court.

Just dont be surprised if IU comes out flat or struggles against UNC or AZ! Bad days happen sometimes. Those 2 teams will probably hit everything they throw up against IU! Every game against IU is a super bowl game for the other team! It’s a long season and anything can happen. We should most definitely be a ncaa tourny team, but it will also be a long and tough B10 schedule to get through! Hoping for the best though!
We won’t be flat against UNC. We might be too hyped up, but it won’t be flat.

No question IU wasn't playing against a great or even good team today (even if JSU did give MI all they could handle), but that doesn't matter. What does is IU absolutely dominating, not turning the ball over much, hitting very respectable percentage and volume from deep, playing great defense, and showing an opportunistic and dangerous offensive facility/flair distinctly at variance with recent history. As a bonus the bench outscored the starters led by Tamar's coming out party. Everyone played, everyone scored, everyone contributed, even if IU's new PG isn't yet making a strong case as a SG.

They're ready. Can't fault them for taking care of business, but they should get full credit for how they've done and are doing it.

1-2-3-FAMILY. That's new isn't it? That late dish from Bates to Malik underneath comes to mind...

Xavier Johnson. 'Nuff said.

🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎 🍏
watching some of these other teams across the country, we still don't shoot well enough. our inside game and defense are going to have to carry us.

Reactions: IUgradman
I think it’s the old adage of “we only beat ourselves “ I.e., how much of a lingering problem will TJD back be? THAT is the greatest problem facing this team going forward….looking forward to this year, not too concerned with outcome of OOC results as whatever problem rears it’s head, CMW will take care of it

It's just tough to learn much from watching them hammer Jackson State. If we are a top 5 team, we'd beat them by 40. If we are only a top 25 team, we'd beat them by....40.

The X game suggests we probably aren't a top 5 team. But we might play better against UNC and turn some heads. Win that one by double digits and the excitement doubles.

Reactions: IUgradman
It's just tough to learn much from watching them hammer Jackson State. If we are a top 5 team, we'd beat them by 40. If we are only a top 25 team, we'd beat them by....40.

The X game suggests we probably aren't a top 5 team. But we might play better against UNC and turn some heads. Win that one by double digits and the excitement doubles.
Well, back out those two BS technical calls and the late communication snafu between X & Trayce and they're all that. In any case, they have the personnel and coaching to be Top 5. I mean how surprised is anyone going to be if they hold court against UNC & KS?

IU - making some noise.

We can't forget that UNC lost basically 1 guy from a team that was blowing KU out in the NC and just blew it at the end. They were by far the better team and choked. I don't know if we got anybody other than JHS that can come close to guarding Love and he might have trouble with that ... I'm actually shocked that Love isn't an NBA rookie, will be tough, I don't think UNC has been this good in years. I don't expect we'll blow them out as they are as good and coming off a loss

We can't forget that UNC lost basically 1 guy from a team that was blowing KU out in the NC and just blew it at the end. They were by far the better team and choked. I don't know if we got anybody other than JHS that can come close to guarding Love and he might hace trouble with that. I don't expect we'll blow them out as they are as good and coming off a loss
You don’t think X can guard love??? X has been a better defender than JHS, he’s been elite.

You don’t think X can guard love??? X has been a better defender than JHS, he’s been elite.
X had 4 fouls total in last three games - J had nine in fewer minutes. Over last five games Jalen logged 23/12 A/TO alongside X's 24/10, so no issues with that.

Well, back out those two BS technical calls and the late communication snafu between X & Trayce and they're all that. In any case, they have the personnel and coaching to be Top 5. I mean how surprised is anyone going to be if they hold court against UNC & KS?

IU - making some noise.
I agree, except they got those tech calls, and they made that boneheaded pass, so we still need to see it.

Plus TJD is dinged up now. So I want to see how the next game goes.

I agree, except they got those tech calls, and they made that boneheaded pass, so we still need to see it.

Plus TJD is dinged up now. So I want to see how the next game goes.
Fine. Be a downer. They were 'awarded' those tech calls and it was BS. And they still got the job done.

Agree that TJD is central to IU's success.

If TJD is feeling good/healthy and has no hangover from the limited play time, he will dominate Bacot. I am guessing UNC will come ready to play, but we have a good chance for a very good W. Should be fun to watch (I hope)

watching some of these other teams across the country, we still don't shoot well enough. our inside game and defense are going to have to carry us.
Better than last year (so far). But I agree we need to keep improving if we want to get to where we all want to be.

We can't forget that UNC lost basically 1 guy from a team that was blowing KU out in the NC and just blew it at the end. They were by far the better team and choked. I don't know if we got anybody other than JHS that can come close to guarding Love and he might have trouble with that ... I'm actually shocked that Love isn't an NBA rookie, will be tough, I don't think UNC has been this good in years. I don't expect we'll blow them out as they are as good and coming off a loss
Also, you can’t forget that UNC didn’t start playing good as a team until the end of the season. They lost to Purdue, Notre Dame and UK beat them by 30 in Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT