ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame press conference.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the reasoning for even making any announcement. If anything, just guessing at the tea leaves and I have no knowledge or belief of what's going on, but assuming there is a Buckner led BOT contingent, sounds like they won and felt they needed to put a lid on it. If I were the AD I don't see any need to make an announcement. Do you have to announce you're retaining Teri Moren next year? Todd Yeagley? Every coach under your management? The Head of the Science Department? They all have jobs and the responsibility to perform it to the best of their abilities. That doesn't need to be said.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmathum
I think it is interesting that Dolson didn’t make a public comment of support. I interpret that to mean that next year the seat is as hot as it can get.

Reactions: iulb
I think it is interesting that Dolson didn’t make a public comment of support. I interpret that to mean that next year the seat is as hot as it can get.

Could this be the dreaded "announcement of support"?
Could it be that this isn't over?

I pray that it isn't over!

Could this be the dreaded "announcement of support"?
Could it be that this isn't over?

I pray that it isn't over!
According to the Indy Star article, the statement on Woodson’s return came from an unnamed person in the IU Athletic Dept. That tells me that he is coming back - but that Dolson isn’t thrilled about it.

Reactions: Al Bino
his response tells me that this has been a long week for him and he's pissed off about it.

Would have been so much simplier to just say "yeah, I'll be back. We have work to do. Next question?"

I think this story has about 10 chapters to it and we're just finishing chapter 3 unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT