ADVERTISEMENT

Post your favorite grunge era tracks.

Your exact words were "grunge was garage rock". Those are your words, Cat. How in the fack is Gish not grunge? Seriously? How?
While you asshats debate what is or isn't grunge all I said in the original subject line is post your favorite grunge ERA songs. I think that could include garage, alternative or whatever you want to term your selection. However I believe I once heard Billy Corgan say in an interview he doesn't believe their music is the typical grunge sound.

The deeper cuts on Nirvana's Nevermind are great and really hold up imo. I do agree with @ovaltine that the album feels a tad overproduced when you give it a listen now.

Nevermind is solid from top to bottom. I would agree that the less famous tracks deserve just as much praise as the more famous tracks. There is a hidden track at the end of Nevermind I only discovered recently, and it is pretty cool. In Utero and the Unplugged performance are also classics. In Utero will always have the sound like it could have been recorded yesterday: Steve Albini did a wonderful job producing it.

Reactions: mike41703
This thread ended up sucking. Speaking of L7, is it true that the lead singer pulled out her bloody used tampon on stage and threw it into the crowd?

Sorry, you're an asshat if you believe what you just posted. Grunge was "original" ha ha - I think I just shit myself. Grunge was garage rock; shit, I bet Warison is playing grunge right now with his two year old. It lasted ten minutes, because that's how good it was. Grunge was shite. There were hundreds of bands playing "grunge" here in NW Indiana forever; they just weren't in the right place at the right time to capture the market that erupted post-disco.

Plus, grunge is and was geographically centric to the pacific northwest. Google search it, and the answer is "sometimes referred to the Seattle sound".

Take off your black and red checked flannel, and go to bed.

After all, you're with a redhead.
Hahahaha ... that's so awesome because we play 'School' off Bleach all the time. But then again we butcher Voodoo Chile and Purple Haze as well. But we're awesome like that.

Reactions: Hoops Cat
I wasn't a big fan of the genre, other than the Pumpkins who were only loosely grunge.

The Pixies though. Awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT