ADVERTISEMENT

Player evaluations

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
So as of now we have three 2020 commits that have not been evaluated yet.
My question is are all commits evaluated and if so is it done in a certain time frame or just at random times? Thanks.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
My question is are all commits evaluated and if so is it done in a certain time frame or just at random times? Thanks.
Usually it’s pretty random.

Reactions: CC Mac
If the 3 recruits were given 5.4 5.5 5.6 IU class would be #45 .Momentum in sports is important also in recruiting this also holds up 247 comp rankings .But it is what it is.

Reactions: CC Mac
I think coaches have good sense of things. I heard interview of small town IN OL/DL kid. Very sharp, focused, hard working kid. Think he’s going to actually be a future leader! Then the kid from St. Pete is third kid in 2 yrs. I believe they know what getting there. Fun & best analysis is to judge a class 2-3 yrs later to truly know how it’s shaped up.

Most of these kids that haven't been ranked are because they haven't been in a camp setting or because they are from a small school.

Just because they commit to us doesn't mean rivals is gonna rush over and evaluate them right away. They'll get rated when they get rated.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Baller you got me on dekkers so far will see after Elite 11 .Sparks 5.4 2star Williams 5.5 3star and Keys 5.7 .3 starJust saw after day 1 Elite 11 Dekkers ranked 9 out of 17 don’t know if he sticks with ISU?Final rank for Dekkers 8 will see what that does To Rivals ?

Last edited:
Baller you got me on dekkers so far will see after Elite 11 .Sparks 5.4 2star Williams 5.5 3star and Keys 5.7 .3 starJust saw after day 1 Elite 11 Dekkers ranked 9 out of 17 don’t know if he sticks with ISU?
Interesting ratings are those your projections or did you see them somewhere? Sparks is interesting at times he showed more explosion than Sio. May not play every play may be his issue. Also I guess we still may be recruiting one or two more kids from that program. Williams looks like a kid that play elsewhere if it does not work at quarterback. Keys has good height needs to add weight. Did see somewhere that Ole Miss either has offered or is going to offer him. I think the staff has found some guys here. That might be hard to hang onto.

What slows IU's momentum? Them not being ranked?? I don't follow.

People that look at average star or total points get a score that counts the three without any points. If this is fans look at then recruiting loses momentum but it doesn't effect players IU is trying to get.

Reactions: Walt542
If they can, Rivals will hit these kids in camps. If the kids don't camp, then they have to either eval off tape or catch them during the season. All the other recruiting services have those 3 kids as 3 stars, so we shall see if Rivals does the IU bias for clicks and deems 2 stars, or they stick with the safe bet and go 3 star for each.

So now that there is dead period on 10 scale what would you rate IU ? Doesn’t mean they can’t finish strong but right now it feels like a 4. Leading only Illinois and Rutgers.

If they can, Rivals will hit these kids in camps. If the kids don't camp, then they have to either eval off tape or catch them during the season. All the other recruiting services have those 3 kids as 3 stars, so we shall see if Rivals does the IU bias for clicks and deems 2 stars, or they stick with the safe bet and go 3 star for each.
IU bias for clicks? In football?

Dexter got 3star 5.5 and Keys 3star 5.6 still no rating on Sparks IU 54th seems odd on Sparks with all
D1 talent at his school.

So was reading the PU free board just for fun and noticed a couple of threads saying how it was nice of IU giving some guys a chance to play BIG football and had no Power 5 offers. Next thing you know they get verbals from 2 guys who have no Power 5 offers. Karma is indeed a funny thing,

PUke is now 49 and we are at 51. After all the blowing off they have been doing,let’s see how they spin this.

Dexter got 3star 5.5 and Keys 3star 5.6 still no rating on Sparks IU 54th seems odd on Sparks with all
D1 talent at his school.
I wrote yesterday that I watched a couple of CAI games and did not notice much of Sparks. But I had seen some highlights of him and st times he is very disruptive. Did not really standout in games. He reminded me of Vince Wilfork in high school. He would take plays off but when he wanted to play he was unstoppable. Not saying he is the next Vince Wilfork sure wish he is.

PUke is now 49 and we are at 51. After all the blowing off they have been doing,let’s see how they spin this.
Long way to early and signing days but it is really ironic. We actually have a higher average than them. I do wonder if Ty Wose will remain a 2 star. He is a big kid that can run. Don’t always understand where he is running to but that can be fixed. Tougher to get kids who don’t move and try to get them to move. Also hope the Sparks kid steps it up this year except when they play Atlantic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT