ADVERTISEMENT

Phil Steele, A College FB Analyst on The New Indiana:

red hornet

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
He sees big improvement for IU FB. Steele ranks Indiana 12th in the BIG with a bowl invite. He also picks Indiana as his 4th most improved team in all of college FB. Good things are happening at the New Indiana & Coach Cignetti & staff.

Agreed! UCLA is the bellwether this year ... a win would be great (and they lost their coach and several players so they may be ripe for picking) but they are still UCLA so a well-played game and maybe a close loss could also be encouraging.

Fingers crossed for a BIG win.

He sees big improvement for IU FB. Steele ranks Indiana 12th in the BIG with a bowl invite. He also picks Indiana as his 4th most improved team in all of college FB. Good things are happening at the New Indiana & Coach Cignetti & staff.
Steele's is the only publication I take seriously when it comes to football evaluations... He really puts some effort into it rather than just glancing at last years record like the rest of them...

I am looking forward to this season and when IU comes home from UCLA 3-0 I will know the season will be better than expected. Coach Cignetti and staff have a schedule to give them a chance of a very good season in their first year.

Agreed! UCLA is the bellwether this year ... a win would be great (and they lost their coach and several players so they may be ripe for picking) but they are still UCLA so a well-played game and maybe a close loss could also be encouraging.

Fingers crossed for a BIG win.
I was reading about UCLA. They have a lot of returning starters on both sides of the ball. But to just see us on the Rose Bowl field will be a thrill.

He just came out with his projected finish order.
IU is at #12.
We play the #14,15,16 and the 2 tied for #17 MSU/puKES.
Along with the 2 teams directly above us. UW and Maryland
Wow, 5 teams ranked below us, along with 8 games at home.
Sets up for the potential of a very good year.
Go Hoosiers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT