ADVERTISEMENT

Perkins from Iowa is supposedly "undecided"

I suppose there will be holes to fill either way.
I will be honest, if it looked like Woody even had a clue of building the program long term I would say yes maybe this year was just bad Chemistry but his recruiting philosophy has been awful. One recruit next year and only chasing top 10-15 recruits. Build a core and a culture!

I will be honest, if it looked like Woody even had a clue of building the program long term I would say yes maybe this year was just bad Chemistry but his recruiting philosophy has been awful. One recruit next year and only chasing top 10-15 recruits. Build a core and a culture!
He can’t coach up lesser players, it appears. As long as he’s the coach, we need as talented of players as he can get. And just hope that they’re the right kind of talented players.

He can’t coach up lesser players, it appears. As long as he’s the coach, we need as talented of players as he can get. And just hope that they’re the right kind of talented players.
Possibly but he isn’t getting those rosters. Heck we have 3 5 stars in our starting 5 now

He is an Indiana kid, is hardnosed, plays point, can create own shot so I say hell yes if he would consider it.

Reactions: 75Plymouth
Was thinking the same. Another guy to miss shots and clog the middle.
I understand the shooting part but not sure I get the clog the middle part. He plays better defense and is more physical than most of our team. He plays with heart almost all the time at least also.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Possibly but he isn’t getting those rosters. Heck we have 3 5 stars in our starting 5 now
My point is a Woody team, without 4 and 5 stars, likely would be more of a dumpster fire than what we're seeing now.

Ware, Mgbako, and Reneau, are putting up enough numbers to keep us marginally competitive.

Maybe replacing those guys with guys like TKR, Furst, and Loyer would lead to better overall team play?? Which I think is your argument?...but I think it likely leads to a bunch of kids running around that look like Gabe and Trey do lots of the time. And instead of hovering around .500 overall right now, we'd be looking at 4-5 wins, total.

A good coach could establish a solid, winning culture with half to 2/3 of the team being TKR, Trey type players. Not sure Woodson could.

My point is a Woody team, without 4 and 5 stars, likely would be more of a dumpster fire than what we're seeing now.

Ware, Mgbako, and Reneau, are putting up enough numbers to keep us marginally competitive.

Maybe replacing those guys with guys like TKR, Furst, and Loyer would lead to better overall team play?? Which I think is your argument?...but I think it likely leads to a bunch of kids running around that look like Gabe and Trey do lots of the time. And instead of hovering around .500 overall right now, we'd be looking at 4-5 wins, total.

A good coach could establish a solid, winning culture with half to 2/3 of the team being TKR, Trey type players. Not sure Woodson could.
Probably so, I don’t see attention to detail from Woody.
Poor fundamentals and lack of effort.

• Sad
Reactions: Bill4411 and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT