ADVERTISEMENT

Per AP: "Merkel says Germany has ‘no-go areas;’ gov’t won’t say where"

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...eecfa8741b6_story.html?utm_term=.0c01242b7b8b

In an interview Monday with German broadcaster n-tv, Merkel said she favors a zero tolerance policy on crime and that includes preventing no-go areas, “that’s areas where nobody dares to go.”

She added: “There are such areas and one has to call them by their name and do something about them.”

200.gif

giphy.gif

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...eecfa8741b6_story.html?utm_term=.0c01242b7b8b

In an interview Monday with German broadcaster n-tv, Merkel said she favors a zero tolerance policy on crime and that includes preventing no-go areas, “that’s areas where nobody dares to go.”

She added: “There are such areas and one has to call them by their name and do something about them.”

200.gif

giphy.gif
I’m sorry is there a point you’re trying to make? Do you not think there are some areas of some big US cities that are essentially no-go areas depending on your race/creed?

Say your point - and back it up with evidence.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I’m sorry is there a point you’re trying to make? Do you not think there are some areas of some big US cities that are essentially no-go areas depending on your race/creed?

Say your point - and back it up with evidence.

Woah, getting a little testy about the revelation that a leftist Euro politician finally acknowledged what everyone already knew.

The only point is that several members were in denial about how bad things are In Europe and whether there were "no go" zones there, as 60 minutes first reported and others confirmed.

Woah, getting a little testy about the revelation that a leftist Euro politician finally acknowledged what everyone already knew.

The only point is that several members were in denial about how bad things are In Europe and whether there were "no go" zones there, as 60 minutes first reported and others confirmed.
You’ve not answered my question. You must think I’m in on the implication. I’m not. What is it?

You’ve not answered my question. You must think I’m in on the implication. I’m not. What is it?

As advocates for large refugee intakes, there was a denial by leftist European politicians (in Germany and Sweden particularly) about what was going on because they didn't want people to think that the migrant surge was disrupting or clashing with existing society.

As advocates for large refugee intakes, there was a denial by leftist European politicians (in Germany and Sweden particularly) about what was going on because they didn't want people to think that the migrant surge was disrupting or clashing with existing society.

Do we know the no-go areas are in refugee areas, I didn't see that in the article? I am thinking I would have a hard time to get you to go out and wonder around areas of Chicago, but I don't know that refugees are the reason for that?

Do we know the no-go areas are in refugee areas, I didn't see that in the article? I am thinking I would have a hard time to get you to go out and wonder around areas of Chicago, but I don't know that refugees are the reason for that?
It’s populist / nativist nonsense. Name the areas and show me a good metric that shows it’s from migration. It may very well be but the posts above read like Breitbart comment section banalities.

And if there are certain areas the Polizei won’t go into for enforcement, then that is a complete and utter disgrace.

*eye roll*
Come on goat, we are all scared to leave our houses.

What she was referring to and what is being insinuated in this thread are quite different.

There's a reason this isn't a story in Germany, but found in quite a few US and mainly right wing sources.

Here is a direct translation of what she said:

Q: What exactly does zero tolerance mean.
M: It means, for example, that there shouldn't be any no go areas: that is, no places where people are too scared to go. There are places like that, and we have to name them as such and do something about them. And I think that the interior minister Thomas de Maziere has done a very very good job.

People will make of it what they want to fit there beliefs.

Anybody that wants to name a no go zone in Germany and pay for my travel is welcome to. I will go there and take a picture for them.

What she was referring to and what is being insinuated in this thread are quite different.

There's a reason this isn't a story in Germany, but found in quite a few US and mainly right wing sources.

M: It means, for example, that there shouldn't be any no go areas: that is, no places where people are too scared to go. There are places like that, and we have to name them as such and do something about them. And I think that the interior minister Thomas de Maziere has done a very very good job.

Anybody that wants to name a no go zone in Germany and pay for my travel is welcome to. I will go there and take a picture for them.
Ahem @JamieDimonsBalls - your turn

You're all brave until you get to "the zone." :)

Reactions: Zizkov
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT