ADVERTISEMENT

Penn St - 4 Key Stats

Tasmanian Devil

All-American
May 27, 2010
As I talked about in the Romeo Langford ... thread, there are 4 key stats I look at in relation to how the team I'm rooting for performs. Let's take a look at tonight's 3 OT thriller against the Nittany Lions.

Formatted: FGA / effFG % / FTA / FT% (OR / TO)

PSU 80 / 53.1 / 29 / 58.6 / (7 / 16)

IU 78 / 56.4 / 32 / 68.8 / (13 / 23)

Thoughts:
  • Did you ever think that we were even going OT when Deron Davis got fouled with 3 seconds in regulation (and turned an ankle)? Kid showed big heart hitting TWO HUGE FT'S!!
  • Same thing with Newkirk - thought for sure he was gonna chuck up a wild 3 to lose it. Good thing he trimmed his nails before the game or I'm not sure he gets that layup off. Nice play
  • 23 turnovers? Yeah, I know, we went 3 OT's - but we only had 6 in the extra sessions, which leads me to . . .
  • Blowing leads. Up 13 in the 1st half; up 6 with 1:14 left in 2nd OT; up TEN with 1:57 left in the 3rd OT and we let them cut it to 4 a little more than a minute later and turn the ball over to give them a chance to make it a single possession game with 40 seconds left. No lead is safe with this group.
We won. That's better than losing. But playing anything remotely like this the rest of the way is going to lead to a lot of losses and no dance.

Reactions: BigMobe and ORG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT