ADVERTISEMENT

Paw Team Six on their way to Springfield

I’ve been to Springfield, O. What’s happening now is a shame. Local officials will run out of money … sending 15k Haitians into a Midwest rust belt community was reckless. It’s a manufacturing small city, and not a rich place.

Full Text … attributed to Sen. JD Vance

If you were to ask what caused me to change my tune about President Trump from 2016 to 2020, I could give you a few reasons. But what we're seeing in Springfield really drives it home. Housing costs skyrocketing. Communicable diseases on the rise. Car accidents, crime, and insurance premiums moving up. Citizens complaining for months (or longer) and mostly ignored.

But it's not just what's hapening, it's the way our leadership responds to it. Confronted with many of their citizens begging for relief, our broken elites offer only scorn. "It is racist," they tell us, to get angry at being unable to afford a home, or to complain about being unable to drive a car safely down the streets paved by your neighbors, or to call 911 because strangers are slaughtering geese in a public park.

They have ignored this town's problems for years. Now, they pay attention--not to focus their considerable wealth and power on helping their fellow citizens. But to use their platform as a weapon against those who dare to notice that their lives have gotten worse.

"They are here legally," they tell us. Yes, they are here legally because Kamala Harris granted Temporary Protective Status to 100,000 Haitians. But Kamala Harris waving the magic amnesty wand is not a justification for the presence of 20,000 newcomers in Springfield. It is an indictment of her despicable open border.

Nothing justifies violence or the threat of violence levied against Springfield or its residents. We condemn both. But the existence of threats doesn't justify silencing those who wish to petition their leadership for a better life. There is no heckler's veto in our country.

Donald Trump was shot in the head, and yet they still call him a "threat to democracy." Yet it is Kamala Harris who is a threat to democracy. It is Kamala Harris who would rather import new voters than persuade the ones who are already here. It is Kamala Harris who would rather ignore the citizens of Springfield than undo the policies that hurt them. It is Kamala Harris who would rather censor her fellow Americans than listen to them.

What we are seeing from Kamala Harris and her enablers in the media is disgusting. And there is only one person who has consistently stood up to Kamala Harris and the entire corrupt system she represents. There is only one person who has consistently fought for the people Kamala Harris laughs at or ignores.

Donald J. Trump for President.

• Love
Reactions: jet812
I’ve been to Springfield, O. What’s happening now is a shame. Local officials will run out of money … sending 15k Haitians into a Midwest rust belt community was reckless. It’s a manufacturing small city, and not a rich place.
The only people who "sent" Haitians to Springfield were business owners who struggled to find good,dependable workers and encouraged Haitians to come...

Reactions: Ohio Guy
The only people who "sent" Haitians to Springfield were business owners who struggled to find good,dependable workers and encouraged Haitians to come...

Cosmic why are you advocating for suppressing the wages of poor and working class Americans? If they were struggling to find dependable workers, the businesses need to raises wages so that they do find dependable workers. Why would a self proclaimed liberal like yourself want to keep lower class Americans in poverty? Aren’t you for Americans getting a living wage? I find it amazing that people like you are falling for this nonsense.

And it started in 2017-2020
So should it be stopped? If no, shouldn’t you be praising Trump for “starting it” from 2017-2020? If yes, who can stop it today? What a small mind you have, only able to see things in terms of blaming someone in the past while unable to recognize that the only people that can put the fire out are just letting it burn…

Last edited:
Cosmic why are you advocating for suppressing the wages of poor and working class Americans? If they were struggling to find dependable workers, the businesses need to raises wages so that they do find dependable workers. Why would a self proclaimed liberal like yourself want to keep lower class Americans in poverty? Aren’t you for Americans getting a living wage? I find it amazing that people like you are falling for this nonsense.
The jobs left years ago and new ones were created by the Biden Admin. So they needed to find people to fill those jobs, since the locals weren't doing so.As McGregor pointed out, the Haitians are the OPPOSITE of the local work force. The Haitians show up every day, work hard and don't have drug issues.

It's pretty telling (and damning) when he says that he has 30 Haitians working for him and wishes he had 30 more...

Why do you swallow Neo-Nazi bullshit?

It's a form of cognitive dissonance. Like the morons they interview at Trump rallies who complain that immigrants are taking jobs, and then in the same breath turn around and say the immigrants are lazy, don't want to work and just want benefits.

Springfield was a dying city. The manufacturing jobs left and a huge portion of the towns population left to seek greener pastures. The manufacturing jobs started to make a comeback due to policies of Biden, But the reduced population meant the jobs weren't fillable with the current population base...

Anyone in Springfield complaining they can't find work is lazy or incompetent, maybe both. McGregor detailed the problem with the local workforce, and none of the people in the videos I've seen of local residents complaining about Haitians give me any reason to doubt his assessment

I saw a video of a debate watch in Springfield where a roomful of 100 or so people spontaneously broke into hysterical laughter when Trump made his insane claim. So it seems to be a claim made by Neo Nazis and amplified by crazies (or opportunists).

Reactions: Ohio Guy
The jobs left years ago and new ones were created by the Biden Admin. So they needed to find people to fill those jobs, since the locals weren't doing so.As McGregor pointed out, the Haitians are the OPPOSITE of the local work force. The Haitians show up every day, work hard and don't have drug issues.

It's pretty telling (and damning) when he says that he has 30 Haitians working for him and wishes he had 30 more...

It's a form of cognitive dissonance. Like the morons they interview at Trump rallies who complain that immigrants are taking jobs, and then in the same breath turn around and say the immigrants are lazy, don't want to work and just want benefits.

Springfield was a dying city. The manufacturing jobs left and a huge portion of the towns population left to seek greener pastures. The manufacturing jobs started to make a comeback due to policies of Biden, But the reduced population meant the jobs weren't fillable with the current population base...

Anyone in Springfield complaining they can't find work is lazy or incompetent, maybe both. McGregor detailed the problem with the local workforce, and none of the people in the videos I've seen of local residents complaining about Haitians give me any reason to doubt his assessment

I saw a video of a debate watch in Springfield where a roomful of 100 or so people spontaneously broke into hysterical laughter when Trump made his insane claim. So it seems to be a claim made by Neo Nazis and amplified by crazies (or opportunists).

So which is it? Did it start under the Trump administration to fill factory openings in Springfield? Or it didn’t start until the Biden admin. because there were no factory jobs until he brought them back?

Careful not to trip on your own bullshit.

The jobs left years ago and new ones were created by the Biden Admin.
How did Biden Admin create jobs?
So they needed to find people to fill those jobs, since the locals weren't doing so.As McGregor pointed out, the Haitians are the OPPOSITE of the local work force. The Haitians show up every day, work hard and don't have drug issues.

He hired the Haitians because they’ll work for lower wages that McGregor wants to pay his workers. He just wants to make a higher margin, which is why some business owners and corporations love immigration.

However, you’re not a free market conservative. You’re a die in the wool champion of people, liberal. So, I’ll ask again, why is a liberal like yourself for suppressing wages of lower class Americans?

Last edited:
How did Biden Admin create jobs?

He hired the Haitians because they’ll work for lower wages that McGregor wants to pay his workers. He just wants to make a higher margin, which is why some business owners and corporations love immigration.

However, you’re not a free market conservative. You’re a die in the wool champion of people, liberal. So, I’ll ask again, why is a liberal like yourself for suppressing wages of lower class Americans?
Trump is the one who brought this up by spouting Loomers racist dog whistle conspiracy theory. And no, he wasn't speaking in some metaphor. He said exactly what he meant.

Are you a free market conservative?

Full Text … attributed to Sen. JD Vance

If you were to ask what caused me to change my tune about President Trump from 2016 to 2020, I could give you a few reasons. But what we're seeing in Springfield really drives it home. Housing costs skyrocketing. Communicable diseases on the rise. Car accidents, crime, and insurance premiums moving up. Citizens complaining for months (or longer) and mostly ignored.

But it's not just what's hapening, it's the way our leadership responds to it. Confronted with many of their citizens begging for relief, our broken elites offer only scorn. "It is racist," they tell us, to get angry at being unable to afford a home, or to complain about being unable to drive a car safely down the streets paved by your neighbors, or to call 911 because strangers are slaughtering geese in a public park.

They have ignored this town's problems for years. Now, they pay attention--not to focus their considerable wealth and power on helping their fellow citizens. But to use their platform as a weapon against those who dare to notice that their lives have gotten worse.

"They are here legally," they tell us. Yes, they are here legally because Kamala Harris granted Temporary Protective Status to 100,000 Haitians. But Kamala Harris waving the magic amnesty wand is not a justification for the presence of 20,000 newcomers in Springfield. It is an indictment of her despicable open border.

Nothing justifies violence or the threat of violence levied against Springfield or its residents. We condemn both. But the existence of threats doesn't justify silencing those who wish to petition their leadership for a better life. There is no heckler's veto in our country.

Donald Trump was shot in the head, and yet they still call him a "threat to democracy." Yet it is Kamala Harris who is a threat to democracy. It is Kamala Harris who would rather import new voters than persuade the ones who are already here. It is Kamala Harris who would rather ignore the citizens of Springfield than undo the policies that hurt them. It is Kamala Harris who would rather censor her fellow Americans than listen to them.

What we are seeing from Kamala Harris and her enablers in the media is disgusting. And there is only one person who has consistently stood up to Kamala Harris and the entire corrupt system she represents. There is only one person who has consistently fought for the people Kamala Harris laughs at or ignores.

Donald J. Trump for President.
Kamala Harris has never granted temporary protected status to anyone.

So should it be stopped? If no, shouldn’t you be praising Trump for “starting it” from 2017-2020? If yes, who can stop it today? What a small mind you have, only able to see things in terms of blaming someone in the past while unable to recognize that the only people that can put the fire out are just letting it burn…
No matter what the answer is you any of your questions, doesn't change the fact that Vance is flat out lying about it.

Kamala Harris has never granted temporary protected status to anyone.
The AP says …

The Biden administration recently announced an estimated 300,000 Haitians in the U.S. could remain in the country at least through February 2026, with eligibility for work authorization, under a law called Temporary Protected Status. The goal is to spare people from being deported to countries in turmoil.

It’s clear Kamala didn’t say no

• Wow
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

The AP says …

The Biden administration recently announced an estimated 300,000 Haitians in the U.S. could remain in the country at least through February 2026, with eligibility for work authorization, under a law called Temporary Protected Status. The goal is to spare people from being deported to countries in turmoil.

Haitians first came to Springfield a few years ago because Springfield needed labor. Biden now sends Haitians because it is inhumane to send Haitians back home. Springfield had it right. Biden has wrong . This isn’t difficult.

Reactions: stollcpa
The AP says …

The TPS status has been renewed every 18 months since 2010. And again, Harris isn't the one who grants anything to anyone.

Haitians first came to Springfield a few years ago because Springfield needed labor. Biden now sends Haitians because it is inhumane to send Haitians back home. Springfield had it right. Biden has wrong . This isn’t difficult.
Good grief. Biden isn't sending any Haitians to Springfield. They were first attracted there by the jobs, and they kept coming for the combination of more jobs and the fact that family and friends were already there. You make it sound like Biden is putting thousands of Haitians on busses and dropping them off in Ohio in the middle of the night. It's the other party that does stuff like that, not the Democrats.

Good grief. Biden isn't sending any Haitians to Springfield. They were first attracted there by the jobs, and they kept coming for the combination of more jobs and the fact that family and friends were already there. You make it sound like Biden is putting thousands of Haitians on busses and dropping them off in Ohio in the middle of the night. It's the other party that does stuff like that, not the Democrats.
Going from Haiti to Springfield is not a walk in the park. How do you think Haitians get there?

They are not going from Haiti to Springfield. And it doesn't matter how they get there; they are getting there by their own choice. They aren't being sent there.
The weirdest thing is Haitians have been in Miami ny Boston for 50 years. We’re acting like they are a new pet-eating population infiltrating us. Like carp to the Mississippi

The dumbing down is unrelenting. As evidenced by conspiracy moron trump and we gotta stay woke harris

Huh? What difference does that make? The feds pay the freight.
My understanding is many were already here and are coming from all over. Florida etc. Chasing work and landing on a city in need of labor. Now it sounds like the dying city’s infrastructure is under duress but presumably with businesses benefiting the city will too as a byproduct in time.

We should be focusing on the data. The steps Biden Harris took that gave rise to massive spikes in crossings. Instead trump has latched onto sensational bullshit. Frustrating as I don’t want radical progressives in office. The more I read about walz the less I like about his goofy ass too

My understanding is many were already here and are coming from all over. Florida etc. Chasing work and landing on a city in need of labor. Now it sounds like the dying city’s infrastructure is under duress but presumably with businesses benefiting the city will too as a byproduct in time.

We should be focusing on the data. The steps Biden Harris took that gave rise to massive spikes in crossings. Instead trump has latched onto sensational bullshit. Frustrating as I don’t want radical progressives in office. The more I read about walz the less I like about his goofy ass too
If anything, Springfield is a model in what not to do when it comes to expecting growth. The town attracted plenty of laborers, but didn't do anything to attract the doctors, teachers, police officers, etc., those new laborers would inevitably need. They saw all the potential $$$ coming in, but didn't give any thought to how many of those $$$ would need to be spent to make the change sustainable.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
If anything, Springfield is a model in what not to do when it comes to expecting growth. The town attracted plenty of laborers, but didn't do anything to attract the doctors, teachers, police officers, etc., those new laborers would inevitably need. They saw all the potential $$$ coming in, but didn't give any thought to how many of those $$$ would need to be spent to make the change sustainable.
Towns can’t really “attract” professionals. Rural communities all over the United States have this problem.

They probably didn’t expect those numbers that fast. That’s a lot of growth

They probably didn’t expect those numbers that fast. That’s a lot of growth
Oh, I'm sure. But when industry started coming back, they should have been able to put together some idea of what could happen. It's not like Amazon just sets up shop secretly in the middle of the night. They submit plans and they brag to the city council about how this new distribution center will create 475 jobs, and so on. So there's no doubt in my mind that this effort was way more successful than they imagined it could have been beforehand. But as it was happening, they had the opportunity to start putting two and two together.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
That's not at all what you meant. You're being dishonest now. Or, if it is genuinely what you meant, then you were being purposefully misleading then.
That’s exactly what I meant. The feds create the paperwork to admit them, transport them to any place they choose then the feds take a hike. They have done this with Venezuelans in Denver and as we now know with Haitians in Springfield. Stop pretending like the local communities ask for this.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT