ADVERTISEMENT

Pass Defense

mouora

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2018
You that know more about football than I do, are we good at pass defense or not? Seemed like there are a lot of open receivers. Even last night there were open people. The tackling is good and we tackle after the catch and haven’t let anyone wide open deep but I just worry that it seems that the short 5-7 yard routes have been open. Thoughts?

A lot depends on the concept you are running. If you’re playing zone, then there will always be spots in the zone open especially if your bringing an extra rusher. If you drop that guy back into coverage you close some of those gaps.

The first interception we had as because the guy intercepting the ball dropped rather than rushed and the QB threw it expecting him to rush leaving that gap. I like what I’ve seen so far in our coverage.

Let’s look at opposing QBR and Def 3rd down efficiency after the Maryland game … WIU was 4-13 on 3rd down … FIU wasn’t much better. IU’s pass defense relies on DL performance… WIU made the DL rotation look deep.

DB’s have kept the ball in front of them. I think this year’s play will be better than the prior two years. It will be enough for IU’s offense to out score most opponents. @E.Z.Rider

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT