ADVERTISEMENT

Parking passes are insane

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
I got on StubHub just to see and prices were insane for every game left. Over $200! If I had them and wasn’t tailgating I’d sell and walk 15 minutes.

100%!!! I commented on this a couple weeks ago. I still don't understand how all the lots are considered full when I see lots of empty space on the North side of the Stadium. Amazing how different things are right now. Tickets going for double face value. I have had difficulty just giving them away until this year.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
100%!!! I commented on this a couple weeks ago. I still don't understand how all the lots are considered full when I see lots of empty space on the North side of the Stadium. Amazing how different things are right now. Tickets going for double face value. I have had difficulty just giving them away until this year.
As some of us have said since day one

Win

My wife is awaiting back surgery. We have tickets for the Nebraska game and thought we could buy a parking pass but the prices are ridiculous. She’s not sure how she’s going to make it into the stadium.

It’s because they stopped overselling the lots several years ago. Got caught a couple of games where nearly everybody with a prepaid pass actually showed up and those folks were PO’d when the lots were full due to them selling day-of passes.

I can’t remember which of the churches have parking in their lots . I know UU does on corner of Fee and 46, but I think there is another closer. Anyone know how early you need to get there normally? I’m sure with a sellout this week will be earlier.

You can park for free at either of the Poplars or Henderson-Atwater garages with a free shuttle to/from the game. That's the good news.
The bad news is the drop-off/pick-up spot is the north side of Assembly Hall (still not a bad walk).
The worse news is if you're not on the first bus back after the game, you could have a LONNNGGGG wait in line at the bus stop for the ride back to the garage.
If you're in decent shape, you could park at Poplars, take the shuttle to the game, and simply walk back to the Poplars Garage. You get some exercise, fresh air, and avoid the frustration/rage of post-game traffic.

Reactions: 82IU
It’s because they stopped overselling the lots several years ago. Got caught a couple of games where nearly everybody with a prepaid pass actually showed up and those folks were PO’d when the lots were full due to them selling day-of passes.
Make it 'show up by XX time', after that they are sold day of.

Although maybe that only leaves an hour or two for the late comers instead of being sold to those more on the ball who came day of but earlier.

"Please call day of the game prior to 4 hours before kickoff to confirm your reservation". LOL . Or have an app.

I find it a bit surprising given all the parking lots and fields around the stadium that parking is so pricey. There is plenty of space for our midsize stadium/crowd. I guess people value some of those spots close to the stadium more than I do.

My wife is awaiting back surgery. We have tickets for the Nebraska game and thought we could buy a parking pass but the prices are ridiculous. She’s not sure how she’s going to make it into the stadium.
You can park at one of the city garages that provide shuttle service to the stadium.
When you get to the stadium they have golf carts that can take you to the gates.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
You can park for free at either of the Poplars or Henderson-Atwater garages with a free shuttle to/from the game. That's the good news.
The bad news is the drop-off/pick-up spot is the north side of Assembly Hall (still not a bad walk).
The worse news is if you're not on the first bus back after the game, you could have a LONNNGGGG wait in line at the bus stop for the ride back to the garage.
If you're in decent shape, you could park at Poplars, take the shuttle to the game, and simply walk back to the Poplars Garage. You get some exercise, fresh air, and avoid the frustration/rage of post-game traffic.
Yeah I don’t like the lines for the shuttles, I’m not patient enough. I could do the walk back though. Thanks.

Make it 'show up by XX time', after that they are sold day of.

Although maybe that only leaves an hour or two for the late comers instead of being sold to those more on the ball who came day of but earlier.

"Please call day of the game prior to 4 hours before kickoff to confirm your reservation". LOL . Or have an app.
I got caught in that nonsense a few years ago and I'm one that complained loudly. I don't tailgate, and I occasionally have things that require my attention at home the morning of games ( especially true before I retired). I still have better things to do than sit in a parking lot or an empty stadium waiting on the game. I have a season parking pass in the orange lot and I really enjoy getting to the stadium thirty or forty minutes before kickoff knowing that the spot I paid for is waiting. It's simple. If you want guaranteed parking close to the stadium, pony up for a season parking pass. It's no different than at the vast majority of stadium venues anywhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT