ADVERTISEMENT

Pacers are having good start this year.

Halliburton is a stud and the team can shoot the lights out. They hit 22 3’s last night. I was at a game earlier this year vs the spurs and they hit 20 that game

That was an amazingly fun game to watch, one of the best NBA games I've seen in a long time. Those guys were balling. Some incredible shooting by both teams, including some ridiculously challenging shots made, and some really good sets run. Atlanta went to a trapping 3/4 court press to attempt to get the ball out of Haliburton's hands in the 4q...and more often than not the Pacers burned them.

Good to watch talented players and great shooters instead of another clank fest in Bloomington or the rugby match like Puke/Tenn last night.

Fk all the haters.

Great young entertainmening team .
Got tix to the All Star game given to me..And the secondary market is asking big money for them..

The’re no longer in 1st place… but won’t see the basement … and won’t miss the playoffs at this rate.

I read somewhere on twitter that the Pacers officially have the worst defense in the league after last night. They may still have the best offense, but that was a couple games ago. Last night they only scored 135, so maybe they slipped.

Pacers are an incredibly fun team to watch. Great young talent. Deep roster. Haliburton brings a true joy to the court every night. I just wish Carlisle would demand a little bit of defensive intensity. When they’re “on” they win. When they’re “off” they’ll get beat. Sometimes badly.

Reactions: stollcpa
If haliburton stays healthy, and they do some damage in the playoffs, as they likely will, then he will single-handedly create a whole new batch of fans in the state of Indiana. He’s a special player, and anyone who appreciates basketball will love what he does nightly. #imafan

I read somewhere on twitter that the Pacers officially have the worst defense in the league after last night. They may still have the best offense, but that was a couple games ago. Last night they only scored 135, so maybe they slipped.

From an entertainment perspective, I'd rather it be that way than best defense and worst offense. Years back they were really good defensively but really not good on offense, and going to games was a snooze fest.

From an entertainment perspective, I'd rather it be that way than best defense and worst offense. Years back they were really good defensively but really not good on offense, and going to games was a snooze fest.
But they went to consecutive Eastern Conference Finals.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
I think we have established that Josh Giddey is too f@#cking stupid to play in the NBA. It doesn’t matter if the exact details of the age work out in his favor-still the worst judge of high school girl/tiktoker character on the planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
Nba is a glorified 3pt contest now.
That is because of analytics. Shooting 40% from three is as efficient as shooting 60% from two. The Warriors changed the game in 2014-15 by stretching the floor. There is a reason Hibbert went from All Star to basically out of the league in a couple of seasons.

That is because of analytics. Shooting 40% from three is as efficient as shooting 60% from two. The Warriors changed the game in 2014-15 by stretching the floor. There is a reason Hibbert went from All Star to basically out of the league in a couple of seasons.
The NBA goes through phases. There was the no defense period, the release early and get down court for the fast break layup, there was the flop period to pick up offensive fouls, the throw it in to the post and back it in back it in back it in and shoot. I prefer the style of play now. As for players I still prefer the Jordan, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Kareem etc days but this style of play is fine with me.

Last night's Pacer game was a lot of fun. Back and forth till the Pacers put the Pistons away in the 4th. I thought Myles Turner looked great. He was rebounding, blocking shots, and actually was playing in the paint. Either he wants to be a Pacer or is playing his tuckus off to be traded.

Haliburton had a great game. I assumed he would’ve had a triple double by now, but tonight was his first.
Pacers defense showed up tonight. The game has a real playoff feel to it, and the defense was there to meet the challenge. If they can improve their “worst in the league” defense to go along with their number one offense, they will be a very good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT