ADVERTISEMENT

Outstanding defensive effort...

debtslave

Recruit
Feb 12, 2018
Archie's amazing defense held Nebraska's offense to 90 points. They've only scored that much two other times this year, against South Dakota State and Southern. Some elite company there.

This is a team that only lost by 19 points to UC Riverside, George Mason and Creighton. Once again... some elite company there.

Now I finally understand why everyone here is so optimistic about this team. Its not because they're paid shills or delusional fans hopped up on Prozac. No, it's simply because they're intelligent basketball fans who know good basketball when they see it.

Reactions: Kyser123
Our defense hasn’t been up to par yet this year. It was better last year.

is it reasonable to be “optimistic “ about this team? Yes. Last year we were pretty awful; a team has to almost try to lose 12/13 to be that bad. The fact is that as bad as we were last year, had we just showed up ready to play in any of those 12 games and we probably make the tourney. So, we had the talent and roster to easily make the tourney last season. Our issues were between the ears, there’s no reason we shouldn’t have gone 4-8 in those 12 games.

This season our front court is much deeper, and we have added a stud post scorer, rebounder and defender/shot blocker. We should be much better defensively this year. So, yes, I expect that we should be much better this year.

Reactions: hoosierraven
Archie's amazing defense held Nebraska's offense to 90 points. They've only scored that much two other times this year, against South Dakota State and Southern. Some elite company there.

This is a team that only lost by 19 points to UC Riverside, George Mason and Creighton. Once again... some elite company there.

Now I finally understand why everyone here is so optimistic about this team. Its not because they're paid shills or delusional fans hopped up on Prozac. No, it's simply because they're intelligent basketball fans who know good basketball when they see it.

Complaining more will help...

Sarcasm does not hide the fact that you are a drama queen.

Do you need a tissue?

Fortunately AM and the players are way ahead of you in the assessment of their defense last night. Both were quite frank and Justin Smith was quite direct about it.

Good god. We have played great defense at times this year. Those FSU and UConn games are proof. Fred had his team ready and his team executed it. They hit shots too. Spread us out. A B1G win is a good win.

Good god. We have played great defense at times this year. Those FSU and UConn games are proof. Fred had his team ready and his team executed it. They hit shots too. Spread us out. A B1G win is a good win.

FSU and UCONN have head coaches that don’t have a clue offensively. Archie struggles against Big Ten coaches because they actually know what they are doing.

FSU and UCONN have head coaches that don’t have a clue offensively. Archie struggles against Big Ten coaches because they actually know what they are doing.
Everybody struggles against big ten coaches. So a top 25 team all of a sudden is an easy defensive win?

uconn and Fl state were offensively challenged. Uconn dribbled off their D multiple times. 22 TOs in that game were not a product of superior defense.

defense has been way below Archie’s standard. He needs to clean it up before January or we are gonna get smoked by a lot of teams with not as much talent as us. B1G is the best conference in the country, and it isn’t close IMO

Our defense hasn’t been up to par yet this year. It was better last year.

is it reasonable to be “optimistic “ about this team? Yes. Last year we were pretty awful; a team has to almost try to lose 12/13 to be that bad. The fact is that as bad as we were last year, had we just showed up ready to play in any of those 12 games and we probably make the tourney. So, we had the talent and roster to easily make the tourney last season. Our issues were between the ears, there’s no reason we shouldn’t have gone 4-8 in those 12 games.

This season our front court is much deeper, and we have added a stud post scorer, rebounder and defender/shot blocker. We should be much better defensively this year. So, yes, I expect that we should be much better this year.

Man, I don't know. There obviously were some high points early in the year (Marquette an Lville) and MSU, etc... but all I can think about is that shitty stretch and there wasn't much effort or energy then. I think this team will improve as they solidify a rotation and roles and get RP back. There were still bright spots last night: RP continuing to come back and to play amazingly well while doing so, TJD obviously, they way they took the shots from NB and still made plays and FTs. These next 3 games I think might determine our destiny this year. If they can get all 3 I think we'll make the tourney. 2-3 maybe, but probably still do. Worse? I doubt we make it.

Man, I don't know. There obviously were some high points early in the year (Marquette an Lville) and MSU, etc... but all I can think about is that shitty stretch and there wasn't much effort or energy then. I think this team will improve as they solidify a rotation and roles and get RP back. There were still bright spots last night: RP continuing to come back and to play amazingly well while doing so, TJD obviously, they way they took the shots from NB and still made plays and FTs. These next 3 games I think might determine our destiny this year. If they can get all 3 I think we'll make the tourney. 2-3 maybe, but probably still do. Worse? I doubt we make it.

I keep seeing eerie parallels with last year. FSU feels like this year’s Marquette for sure.

Reactions: Cavanagh

I saw a Nebraska team shoot 32 three pointers and make 12 of them. At least three of those makes were desperation shots that just happen to go in. I think Nebraska scored ~20 points off of our (mostly self inflicted) turnovers. Our turnovers were the reason we didn’t win in regulation by 15 or so. Our turnovers almost killed us and it was annoying to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT