ADVERTISEMENT

Our Annual February Flop

Let me help you here. A moronic statement issued by single idiot is not tantamount to mass agreement or mass acceptance simply because the majority ignores, rather than responds to, said idiot. Consequently, a couple of knee-jerk posters with 20-20 hindsight publicly proclaiming that Crean should have been kept does not constitute majority opinion. It is not a "cult" just because most posters recognized it as foolish and chose en masse to see it for what it was. Just like the fact that because some people here occasionally "like" your dumbassery does not mean that the majority thinks you are competent.

Most of the folks here know you are a fool. The really astute have you on "ignore" - as I once did and will soon again. Others - whose judgement is better than mine - simply choose not to respond to your nonsense.

The problem here seems to be that you equate silence with approval. That would explain a lot, like why you continue to repeat the same bullshit in post after post. I hope to God that no polling organization ever pays you to interpret public opinion.
Haha great post. I got a good laugh out of this. And I’ll admit there’s a little truth to it.

I’ve just been watching the endless hamster wheel of this board for 20+ years and while the names change from year to year this board stays the same. Lessons are never learned. Mistakes are constantly repeated. You’re greatly discounting the cult mentality our fan base had for Crean though. And I remember you were one of his main followers until the bitter end which I assume is why you prefer to try to rewrite history. Some of us remember better.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Man it is hard not to insult you. I will just say this. You are incorrect. We were 19-16 with Morgan and Langford and 20-12 the year after they left.

And nobody is insinuating anything. TJD has disappeared in many big games. That does not mean we are better off without him. However we might not be terrible when he leaves.
He insults himself.

Not sure which is a more accurate representation of being an IU basketball fan...

FLsNjYrXMAEeJHS

OR...

FLsUYGVWQAEz24l
The answer is yes.

Haha great post. I got a good laugh out of this. And I’ll admit there’s a little truth to it.

I’ve just been watching the endless hamster wheel of this board for 20+ years and while the names change from year to year this board stays the same. Lessons are never learned. Mistakes are constantly repeated. You’re greatly discounting the cult mentality our fan base had for Crean though. And I remember you were one of his main followers until the bitter end which I assume is why you prefer to try to rewrite history. Some of us remember better.
Which may explain even more - that being your lack of recall. I wasn't posting on this board at all until the very end of the Crean tenure. And I can assure you I wasn't one of his "followers". I hated his style of basketball from day one, even with Vic, Cody, etc. I hoped he would learn and grow into the job but it became apparent that was never going to happen a couple of years or more before he was fired. By then, I had stopped watching altogether. If you think I was posting support for Tom Crean as part of this fictional "cult" you've created in your dementia-addled brain, you have mistaken me for some whole other body.

Reactions: Al Bino
Let me help you here. A moronic statement issued by single idiot is not tantamount to mass agreement or mass acceptance simply because the majority ignores, rather than responds to, said idiot. Consequently, a couple of knee-jerk posters with 20-20 hindsight publicly proclaiming that Crean should have been kept does not constitute majority opinion. It is not a "cult" just because most posters recognized it as foolish and chose en masse to see it for what it was. Just like the fact that because some people here occasionally "like" your dumbassery does not mean that the majority thinks you are competent.

Most of the folks here know you are a fool. The really astute have you on "ignore" - as I once did and will soon again. Others - whose judgement is better than mine - simply choose not to respond to your nonsense.

The problem here seems to be that you equate silence with approval. That would explain a lot, like why you continue to repeat the same bullshit in post after post. I hope to God that no polling organization ever pays you to interpret public opinion.
Harsh.

Perhaps. Serial liars should be called out. It's been my experience that for some the only way to get their attention is to be nasty when they continue to lie.
I treat people with dignity and respect, but you be you.

I’m guessing you’re an old member of the IIBF. That group was …. um … unfriendly.

Last edited:
Our program died years ago when people decided Tom Crean was more important than IU basketball. Our fans became bigger fans of Crean than they did of our program. And like all cults they always end badly. That cult mentality is going to be hard to ever recover from.

Our program died years ago when people decided Tom Crean was more important than IU basketball. Our fans became bigger fans of Crean than they did of our program. And like all cults they always end badly. That cult mentality is going to be hard to ever recover from.
Blue Oyster Cult (Don't Fear The Reaper, Godzilla, Burning For You, et al) is still going strong with original members Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser and Eric Bloom.

Tom Crean, Mike Davis...a couple of the great names in IU basketball coaching history post "The General" with his militant-like reign of disciplined superiority. Bob Knight has more notable quotes than all the other IU coaches combined, starting in 1901, the first season. Name me one memorable quote from Archie Miller? Tom Crean had only "It's Indiana!" Even Mike Davis had one, "Personally, I never did understand the motion offense" (uttered at his first press conference after having just serving 3 years as Knight's assistant coach). I remember thinking to myself as he said it, "WTF did he just say?" I always know when I make an off-the-wall verbal comment too close to crossing "the line". A person asks, "What?" thinking they didn't hear me correctly when I know they heard me correctly.

Reactions: Crayfish57

200w.gif

I must say I apparently have been so engrossed in my own little world of make believe, I watched this entire video clip thinking it was a real British interview that happened in the past. It wasn't until he said, "Will you call me a taxi?" that it dawned on me they are a couple of satirists...an entertaining TV show, not a "Meet the Press" from across the sea. A Google search told me all this. That was some brilliant banter within this "clown" act. Thanks for sharing, the wonder of the Internet, God.

Reactions: Warison
I must say I apparently have been so engrossed in my own little world of make believe, I watched this entire video clip thinking it was a real British interview that happened in the past. It wasn't until he said, "Will you call me a taxi?" that it dawned on me they are a couple of satirists...an entertaining TV show, not a "Meet the Press" from across the sea. A Google search told me all this. That was some brilliant banter within this "clown" act. Thanks for sharing, the wonder of the Internet, God.
You can thank hooky1990. He introduced it. I believe it to be a symbol of trying to communicate with people on these boards.

Just stop.

BTW, your claim of this board being as it is today for 20 years isn't remotely accurate. This board; post Peegs and post Star News was filled with knowledgeable posters that talked IU and Hoops at a fairly high level. Once Ordfan showed up followed by his 15 user names (currently Kern County) most of the good posters were chased off for greener pastures.

Just stop.

BTW, your claim of this board being as it is today for 20 years isn't remotely accurate. This board; post Peegs and post Star News was filled with knowledgeable posters that talked IU and Hoops at a fairly high level. Once Ordfan showed up followed by his 15 user names (currently Kern County) most of the good posters were chased off for greener pastures.
Dude, what are you talking about? Ordfan was around long before you. You’re not fooling anyone with this act.

I remember us being pretty darn terrible when Romeo and Morgan left. Not sure what you remember.

And when someone is saying TJD disappears in big games and holds us back offensively they’re insinuating that we’d be better without him. I remember this board saying we’d be better with Josh Newkirk instead of Yogi because Newkirk was “pass first”. This nonsense was accepted as common knowledge until the games started. Of all the problems we have TJD is not one of them.
I remember hearing once archie got rid of all the crean players look out. Turned out archie best big ten record was with the crean players his first year.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
I remember hearing once archie got rid of all the crean players look out. Turned out archie best big ten record was with the crean players his first year.
Just look stuff up once in a while. His best record was in year 3. He won 16 games year 1, 19 games in year 2, and 20 games in year 3.

Just look stuff up once in a while. His best record was in year 3. He won 16 games year 1, 19 games in year 2, and 20 games in year 3.
That’s not what he said. Arch’s best record in the conference was year 1 (9-9). Had losing conference records the other three years. Part of it was the expansion from 18 to 20 games. But in year 1, while IND was bad, eight other teams were worse (and only four B1G teams made the NCAAs).

Maybe it’s you who has to do some looking. :)

Reactions: Fpeaugh2 and Beorik
That’s not what he said. Arch’s best record in the conference was year 1 (9-9). Had losing conference records the other three years. Part of it was the expansion from 18 to 20 games. But in year 1, while IND was bad, eight other teams were worse (and only four B1G teams made the NCAAs).

Maybe it’s you who has to do some looking. :)
I did miss what he was saying but I did look. And while 9-9 is a better win % as you said it was with less games. So I will amend my argument to just say his 2nd and 3rd years were better years than his first therefore those that were saying wait until he gets his own players were partly right. His teams were clearly better in years 2 and 3. If he had continued to show improvement even by a game or two he would still be our coach. Instead we fell apart.

Reactions: SRIV94
I did miss what he was saying but I did look. And while 9-9 is a better win % as you said it was with less games. So I will amend my argument to just say his 2nd and 3rd years were better years than his first therefore those that were saying wait until he gets his own players were partly right. His teams were clearly better in years 2 and 3. If he had continued to show improvement even by a game or two he would still be our coach. Instead we fell apart.
That’s a reasonable take. And against some good teams out of conference, Indiana played really well. Unfortunately, it couldn’t be sustained, and Indiana for the most part got outscouted once we got to conference play.

Reactions: Beorik
That’s a reasonable take. And against some good teams out of conference, Indiana played really well. Unfortunately, it couldn’t be sustained, and Indiana for the most part got outscouted once we got to conference play.
Yeah it’s what I get for posting while doing other things. My apologies to triple 7. He is technically correct although I think Archie’s teams did get marginally better each year until the complete collapse in year 4.

We are unfortunately struggling in conference play again this year. I am not a fan who had any illusions that this year would be a complete 180 and we would be competing for a Big Ten title however our finish has been disappointing. I think Woody will get things figured out though. And if not, we will be looking for yet another coach in a few years.

Reactions: SRIV94
Dude, what are you talking about? Ordfan was around long before you. You’re not fooling anyone with this act.
More than 27 years? He didn't start stalking me until about 4 years ago so I never noticed him.

And what "act" is that exactly?

This is a recurring theme for virtually all coaches in all sports that come in after a firing.

IU is going to get a late Feb push here starting with cracking a few nuts on Monday. They are going to get hot at the right time and make a push in March. Faith in Woody knows what he is doing.

IU is going to get a late Feb push here starting with cracking a few nuts on Monday. They are going to get hot at the right time and make a push in March. Faith in Woody knows what he is doing.
We have an excellent chance to get the W tomorrow. The Iowa/OSU game reschedule was a gift. Osu losing may swing things slightly back their way, but I like how we match up with them.

our style is the opposite of Iowa. I’m hoping we can lock them down on D and get out of there with a low scoring W.

if we can do that there’s a good chance we will be favored in each of the next three games. I’m not saying we will win them, but they will all be winnable, including RU.

it all starts tomorrow. Need to end this losing skid and get some positive momentum!

Last edited:
I used the nationally recognized fpeaugh method to evaluate the Ohio State roster. We don't need to worry about Liddell he wasn't in the top 50-slough off and let him embarrass himself. Only one we really need to guard is Branham- top 50. Probably best to double or triple team him.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
We have an excellent chance to get the W tomorrow. The Iowa/OSU game reschedule was a gift. Osu losing may swing things slightly back their way, but I like how we match up with them.

our style is the opposite of Iowa. I’m hoping we can lock them down on D and get out of there with a low scoring W.

if we can do that there’s a good chance we will be favored in each of the next three games. I’m not saying we will win them, but they will all be winnable, including RU.

it all starts tomorrow. Need to end this losing skid and get some positive momentum!

Damn, I hope you are right.

Great IU players come and go. Besides, if TJD is so great why has IU missed the tournament playing through him? I get the answer to this, trust me. He is Casper in big games and how many important free throws has he missed throughout his career?

Maybe the idea that everything has to go through him has held IU back at times? Sounds ridiculous on the surface, but forcing the action to him creates a lot of standing around. You know if he goes to the line late in the game it’s 1 of 2 like clockwork.

Man it is hard not to insult you. I will just say this. You are incorrect. We were 19-16 with Morgan and Langford and 20-12 the year after they left.

And nobody is insinuating anything. TJD has disappeared in many big games. That does not mean we are better off without him. However we might not be terrible when he leaves.
It didn’t take long for these to not age well.

No it wasn’t. Just admit you were wrong and try to learn from it. You have a lot to learn.
Already did that two days ago. Keep digging.

You know why you’re digging through old posts for your gotcha moment? Because you’re a f’ing loser that’s why.

• Love
Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
Already did that two days ago. Keep digging.

You know why you’re digging through old posts for your gotcha moment? Because you’re a f’ing loser that’s why.
He is just still pissed we let Crean go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT