ADVERTISEMENT

OT Little 5 Races today Empty Stadium Livestream

Courtsensetwo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2004
Despite the CDC guidance to open things up a bit, IU will run both L5 races today in front of cameras and officials. They could have sold a limited number of seats.

Link to the broadcast

Reactions: dr.jb
I've paid zero attention to the student calendar. Have they already had finals for spring semester or did it run late too?

On a Wednesday in May? What is this nonsense.

This University has lost it’s edge. From Covid hysteria to the war on Greeks, the fun is being stripped away.

I don’t envy the students being subjected to this nonsense. They should get a refund.

I've paid zero attention to the student calendar. Have they already had finals for spring semester or did it run late too?
School has been out for awhile, graduation was May 8. They ran it on a Wednesday when everyone was gone so they wouldn’t have to cancel two years in a row, for the riders who train hard for this all year. Seems a little silly and sad....DG won for the girls, by the way.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

They took a butcher knife to the student calendar this year. They had essentially a 3 month gap in the middle of the year where no one was on campus or took in person classes.

It's common knowledge that Covid stays away from ridiculous scheduling.

On a Wednesday in May? What is this nonsense.

This University has lost it’s edge. From Covid hysteria to the war on Greeks, the fun is being stripped away.

I don’t envy the students being subjected to this nonsense. They should get a refund.
The war on Greeks started decades ago.

Good race. Would have liked to see the finish without that pileup on lap 197. Might have been 8 teams sprinting to the finish.

My daughter rode the 2019 race for her sorority and was supposed to ride last year until it was cancelled. I feel for the kids who didn't get to ride last year or this year. The amount of training that goes into that one day is a lot. I don't think people realize just how much work these kids put in. I'm glad they raced yesterday, even if it was to an empty stadium but I also know several teams weren't even in the race due to the schedule change. The women's race only had 17 teams and the men's I think was 22 teams and both normally field 32 or 33 on a normal race year.

I went in 2019 and being in the stands for the women's race was quite an experience and as a parent of one of the riders I didn't know what she was getting herself into. I can't imagine not having been allowed to be there to watch my kid race.

My daughter rode the 2019 race for her sorority and was supposed to ride last year until it was cancelled. I feel for the kids who didn't get to ride last year or this year. The amount of training that goes into that one day is a lot. I don't think people realize just how much work these kids put in. I'm glad they raced yesterday, even if it was to an empty stadium but I also know several teams weren't even in the race due to the schedule change. The women's race only had 17 teams and the men's I think was 22 teams and both normally field 32 or 33 on a normal race year.

I went in 2019 and being in the stands for the women's race was quite an experience and as a parent of one of the riders I didn't know what she was getting herself into. I can't imagine not having been allowed to be there to watch my kid race.
Training is almost year round. Rollers all winter and the riders used to go to FL and train for six brutal days at spring break. I assume tactics and equipment have progressed over the years.

Dumb. How about treat people like responsible adults and let them make their own decision.
Because unfortunately too many of them are not...

That said, there could have been a limited number of fans at both the Baseball games and Little 5.

I don't think history will hold it against us for being overly cautious.

There will be other Little 5s.
Less than 1% chance of contracting COVID outdoors. Thank God no one was allowed to congregate outside after everyone had lunch inside together at various restaurants.

Reactions: Lucy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT