ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Here is something unique with a baseball stadium turned into apartments...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
The historic Bush Stadium in Indianapolis where the Indianapolis Indians previous played has been turned into apartments while retaining it's appearance as a baseball stadium.

• Love
Reactions: ulrey and 82IU
The historic Bush Stadium in Indianapolis where the Indianapolis Indians previous played has been turned into apartments while retaining it's appearance as a baseball stadium.

It's interesting, I saw this on TiKTok last weekend too, but not tied to Sportscenter/ESPN. These apartments have been like this for a bit, so I'm not sure why it just caught some eyeballs, but it is cool, either way. There's a great little brewery, Guggman Haus, about two blocks from those apartments.

I knew someone who was the first to move in a few years ago. They’re cool (and expensive). Pretty lousy neighborhood with not much walkable.

I knew someone who was the first to move in a few years ago. They’re cool (and expensive). Pretty lousy neighborhood with not much walkable.
How long ago was it since they went on the market as apartments? I've been to Indy, but not in that area and it's the first that I heard of it when I saw the X post.

How long ago was it since they went on the market as apartments? I've been to Indy, but not in that area and it's the first that I heard of it when I saw the X post.

Stadium Lofts at Bush Stadium

The Stadium Lofts opened in the summer of 2013, and the Flats opened a year later, in 2014. Together, there are 282 apartment units at the facility that used to serve as home to the Indianapolis Indians baseball team at Bush Stadium.

The apartments offer high end finishes, such as stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and polished concrete floors, along with a full size washer and dryer in every unit. Amenities include two on-site fitness centers, free fitness classes, direct access to the White River cultural trail, gated parking, outdoor grilling and lounge areas, and of course – a baseball field. One bedroom units start at $861, while two bedroom units start at $1,264.

The dirt portion of the infield is paved with stamped red concrete, and the lights that lit up Bush Stadium at night still stand. Much of the exterior facade has been preserved, and many of the historic features, such as the owner’s suite and the ticket booth, have been incorporated into the loft apartments.

Reactions: ptrich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT