ADVERTISEMENT

One Game At A Time….

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Many, many media people were taking it as a forgone conclusion that heading into the Ohio State game in Columbus, Nebraska would be 7-0. That would mean beating Illinois tonight (didn’t happen) beating us in B-town and Rutgers at home. Nebraska is using a freshman QB. They are better than last year from what’ it appears . But, so is Illinois, particularly the defense. These type of contests show that you absolutely better not get caught up in looking ahead, thinking what might be and put everything into the game right smack dab in front of you.

That is one of the things I like about our coaches, total focus on the game coming up. Focus on Charlotte and enjoy wins when they happen but turn the page the next day. Entering the B1G after this game will bring a very serious reason to focus on the game coming up.

I think the media was hyping up Nebraska a bit much simply because Nebraska. The short bit of the UI - Neb game I caught, the freshman QB threw a number of dangerous 50/50 balls when pressured. Those will start catching up to him as conference play continues.

I think the media was hyping up Nebraska a bit much simply because Nebraska. The short bit of the UI - Neb game I caught, the freshman QB threw a number of dangerous 50/50 balls when pressured. Those will start catching up to him as conference play continues.
Yes, it is s problem for freshman QBs no matter how talent they are. Rourke used his experience to have a great game against UCLA. With our coaches and Rourke, IU will continue having a great QB to win games.

After watching the game last night I think both Nebraska and Illinois are very good football teams. The broadcast team was raving about both QB's (and both were certainly on their games last night) but I noticed some receivers also making some incredible catches. Nebraska in particular had the benefit of some terrific catches; including one that was ripped away for an INT as he was falling to the turf. IU will have their hands full with Nebraska but a win would certainly make a big statement despite Neb's loss last night.

Many, many media people were taking it as a forgone conclusion that heading into the Ohio State game in Columbus, Nebraska would be 7-0. That would mean beating Illinois tonight (didn’t happen) beating us in B-town and Rutgers at home. Nebraska is using a freshman QB. They are better than last year from what’ it appears . But, so is Illinois, particularly the defense. These type of contests show that you absolutely better not get caught up in looking ahead, thinking what might be and put everything into the game right smack dab in front of you.
Nope, the bar has moved. Expectations are IU is 9-0 going into OSU or this season is a bust. To be honest, if we don't win by 40+ today.....I don't know if I could even tune in again. We need to have higher standards.

Reactions: red hornet
I like Indiana to beat Nebraska at home. Illinois has a good team and played well in a hostile stadium. I do think Indiana has a better offense than Illinois and has an opportunity to light Nebraska up in the passing game.

I do agree with your mantra, one game at a time.

Fans can look ahead. The coaches and players need to focus on the current game. They didn’t overlook Western Illinois before playing UCLA.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT