ADVERTISEMENT

Oh Shocker Radical Left Winger BIden Gearing Up for 2025 bringing racism to everyone's door

Aloha is obstinately obsessed with Trump and purging anyone and everyone who would ever vote for him or even CONSIDER it. If that means reducing the party to Aloha and 7 other dudes, he’d sign up for it.

He is COMPLETELY irrational when it comes to Trump.
That is all irrational and false.

Not necessarily. But Trump leveraged tariffs to achieve remain in Mexico. International negotiations , (as well as any negotiations) are all about using leverage. Trumpmused tariffs as a lever.
Exactly. In a perfect world, there would be no tariffs, but using them for leverage makes sense. Damn the ideology if it helps the country.

Love you post, but if elites don't pick the candidates, how the hell did W ever get nominated? With Cheney as VP?

Without the donor class, W would be known for little more than the owner of a baseball team and son of a President. He was always tongue-tied and a goofball. I admire him personally, but I cringed when he spoke about as often as I do when Biden speaks. Neither are great intellects, to be kind.
GWB was nominated because we Republicans nominated him. GWB was a very good speaker off script. He’s a far better speaker than Trump who speaks like a sixth grader trying to speak like he thinks someone smart would speak. It’s painful to listen to the idiot speak. Idiots think he sounds smart though. That explains your post.

My dad is 82. He’s a smart guy but is obviously declining physically and mentally.
No question ageing causes a deterioration in physical and mental ability. But the rate of decline is nowhere near the same. About 20% of those over 80 test cognitively the same as a 50 or 60 year- old.

Your dad is 82, huh. I’m one lap behind.

No question ageing causes a deterioration in physical and mental ability. But the rate of decline is nowhere near the same. About 20% of those over 80 test cognitively the same as a 50 or 60 year- old.

Your dad is 82, huh. I’m one lap behind.
Actually, he’s 83. I’m terrible with birthdays and I forgot he just had one. 😏 My excuse is I don’t care about my birthday either.

GWB was nominated because we Republicans nominated him. GWB was a very good speaker off script. He’s a far better speaker than Trump who speaks like a sixth grader trying to speak like he thinks someone smart would speak. It’s painful to listen to the idiot speak. Idiots think he sounds smart though. That explains your post.
Trump speaks in images. Meaning, when he talks about anything, the listener will usually see an image of something. That’s usually pretty effective persuasion.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
No, it’s really not. All you ever do is talk about purging the party of Trump and Trumpism. You give no thought to what that would actually entail.
I have given a lot of thought to it. It needs to happen or the party will be irrelevant in a few years. It’s absolutely unsustainable.

Trump speaks in images. Meaning, when he talks about anything, the listener will usually see an image of something. That’s usually pretty effective persuasion.
It doesn’t work on me. Every test I’ve ever taken shows that I’m high on the logic and rationality scale and very low on the emotional scale. That emotional thing took my wife years to get past. ;)

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
I have given a lot of thought to it. It needs to happen or the party will be irrelevant in a few years. It’s absolutely unsustainable.
The same can be said of the old guard. People are done. Young people for sure don’t want to hear about wars etc. the future is far more populism and trump than bush McCain Cheney.

The same can be said of the old guard. People are done. Young people for sure don’t want to hear about wars etc. the future is far more populism and trump than bush McCain Cheney.
The idea that we traditional Republicans are for war is total nonsense. We’re for a strong military and strong allies and partners so we don’t have to go to war.

McCain wasn’t happy about the Iraq war yet the Trumpsters paint him with that brush. Romney too.

The idea that we traditional Republicans are for war is total nonsense. We’re for a strong military and strong allies and partners so we don’t have to go to war.

McCain wasn’t happy about the Iraq war yet the Trumpsters paint him with that brush. Romney too.
And yet the old guard paint “trumpsters.” I set forth above his positions on issues. That’s the reality. And there’s a reason no one wanted Haley and her political career is over. She’s a minority in the party. The old guard painting it anything else misses the mark.

Reactions: jet812

Your casting everyone like coh and so many others who will vote for trump as trumpsters is no different than casting people who want Haley or Cheney or bush as war hawks.

So going forward that’s the verbiage I’ll use for you and “your party.” We are done with war hawks. Use the money for stuff other than paying for nato members because we are war hawks.

We need to get along. There was peace under trump. We need to preserve our party. We can’t give our party back to the war hawks

Or is that unfair….

And yet the old guard paint “trumpsters.” I set forth above his positions on issues. That’s the reality. And there’s a reason no one wanted Haley and her political career is over. She’s a minority in the party. The old guard painting it anything else misses the mark.
The hard core MAGAs are isolationists and don’t agree with keeping our military edge on the rest of the world. These are nonstarters with me. It’s why I switched from Democrat to Republican 30+ years ago.

Also Haley is out and still getting hundreds of thousands of votes in the primaries. They’re unlikely to vote for Trump in the general.

The hard core MAGAs are isolationist and don’t agree with keeping our military edge in the rest of the world. These are nonstarters with me. It’s why I switched from Democrat to Republican 30+ years ago.
Totally fair. But at least we’re talking policy not labels

Your casting everyone like coh and so many others who will vote for trump as trumpsters is no different than casting people who want Haley or Cheney or bush as war hawks.

So going forward that’s the verbiage I’ll use for you and “your party.” We are done with war hawks. Use the money for stuff other than paying for nato members because we are war hawks.

We need to get along. There was peace under trump. We need to preserve our party. We can’t give our party back to the war hawks

Or is that unfair….
I don’t think COH or you are Trumpsters. I get that non-Trumpster Republicans will vote for him. This one won’t.

I’m not a Warhawk. Supporting NATO is what those that aren’t Warhawks do.

I don’t think COH or you are Trumpsters. I get that non-Trumpster Republicans will vote for him. This one won’t.

I’m not a Warhawk. Supporting NATO is what those that aren’t Warhawks do.
Trumpsters are Americans who don’t like the old guard or the far left. Many are vets. Mas DANC. It’s disparaging. But as goat says you do you

Trumpsters are Americans. Many are vets. Mas DANC. It’s disparaging. But as goat says you do you
Yes they are Americans. No question. Some of these Americans are pro-Russian more than pro-American. I have issues with that.

Not DANC. He’s hard core Trumpster to the point of repeating total lies in Trump’s defense, but he’s not pro-Russian.

Reactions: Bowlmania
The hard core MAGAs are isolationists and don’t agree with keeping our military edge on the rest of the world. These are nonstarters with me. It’s why I switched from Democrat to Republican 30+ years ago.

Also Haley is out and still getting hundreds of thousands of votes in the primaries. They’re unlikely to vote for Trump in the general.
I have yet to read or hear a MAGA supporter not agreeing with keeping our military edge.

I would think only the very far left think that.

Yes they are Americans. No question. Some of these Americans are pro-Russian more than pro-American. I have issues with that.

Not DANC. He’s hard core Trumpster to the point of repeating total lies in Trump’s defense, but he’s not pro-Russian.
You're exaggerating. No one in the MAGA camp is more pro-Russian than pro-American. Come on, Aloha. You can be pro-American but think, for example, American policy towards Ukraine was antagonistic towards Russia and didn't take Russia's history and defense interests adequately into account.

I have yet to read or hear a MAGA supporter not agreeing with keeping our military edge.

Start looking and pay attention because they’re bitching about military spending as well as our alliances.

You're exaggerating. No one in the MAGA camp is more pro-Russian than pro-American. Come on, Aloha. You can be pro-American but think, for example, American policy towards Ukraine was antagonistic towards Russia and didn't take Russia's history and defense interests adequately into account.
We have MAGA posters here that post straight up Russian propaganda.

What’s next? Work?

Referring to the Super rich as being in a separate race makes about as much sense as lumping folks into a race according to their skin color.

To make up for any past and present prejudices which may have caused economic disadvantages to people of color we could lower their tax rates to conform to a color chart instead of reparations.

Marrying a really dark man of wealth would be a wise choice for a pale female. Within a 100 years the black race will have disappeared thanks to Inter marriages.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Referring to the Super rich as being in a separate race makes about as much sense as lumping folks into a race according to their skin color.

To make up for any past and present prejudices which may have caused economic disadvantages to people of color we could lower their tax rates to conform to a color chart instead of reparations.

Marrying a really dark man of wealth would be a wise choice for a pale female. Within a 100 years the black race will have disappeared thanks to Inter marriages.
He’s a moron hoot

Start looking and pay attention because they’re bitching about military spending as well as our alliances.
If we close bases overseas or stop spending money defending other nations, we don't need to spend as much. Isolationist policies would save money under that theory. But no one says we should try to cede our technological advantages that I've seen. Happy to read whatever you post, though.

Hopefully, no white race either. No races at all.

If we close bases overseas or stop spending money defending other nations, we don't need to spend as much. Isolationist policies would save money under that theory. But no one says we should try to cede our technological advantages that I've seen. Happy to read whatever you post, though.
Our bases over seas reduce the chances of war. War increases our spending way beyond our peacetime spending.

Our bases over seas reduce the chances of war. War increases our spending way beyond our peacetime spending.
I understand your side of the argument, Aloha. You might be right. You might be wrong. The point is that the US can keep its edge in technological and military superiority over the rest of the globe without overseas bases.

Also, your phraseology is probably a fundamental point of contention. You say reduce "the chances of war." But many on the opposite side would claim it is not the US's burden to "reduce the chances of war" except when it comes to our nation.

The difficult question here is probably this: should we keep our bases overseas if it means decreasing the chance of war among all nations, but increasing the chance the US will be violently attacked there? Is it worth it?

Don’t agree. We have two posters that are far more pro-Russian than pro-American. I find it very sad.
What do you mean by that? That they are more critical of the U.S. than Russia? That they think Russia is a better nation than the U.S.? That they would actually side with Russia over the U.S. if the two went to war?

Reactions: Spartans9312
What do you mean by that? That they are more critical of the U.S. than Russia? That they think Russia is a better nation than the U.S.? That they would actually side with Russia over the U.S. if the two went to war?
They’re critical and have earned that right. Mas is a Vietnam vet. Sarge. And DANC. Paratrooper. But guess what. Spy. Russian language speaking spy. So yes. He too has earned that right

The hard core MAGAs are isolationists and don’t agree with keeping our military edge on the rest of the world. These are nonstarters with me.
That's not true Aloha. Trump signed off on the Space Force which was a big deal IMO. You don't think so?

Reactions: jet812 and DANC

The hard truth is that unless we want to completely nationalize our weapons industry, our defense industrial base kind of needs to keep supplying arms to new conflicts to stay afloat. Not much money for R&D without it.

They currently make their money by

A. Various military assistance packages and defense treaties entered into by the U.S. that require the other participant(s) purchase our weaponry

Or

B. Supplying arms to an ongoing conflict

They can’t thrive on A alone. It’s really hard to maintain an elastic, innovative defense industrial base without continuous war.

I understand your side of the argument, Aloha. You might be right. You might be wrong. The point is that the US can keep its edge in technological and military superiority over the rest of the globe without overseas bases.

Also, your phraseology is probably a fundamental point of contention. You say reduce "the chances of war." But many on the opposite side would claim it is not the US's burden to "reduce the chances of war" except when it comes to our nation.

The difficult question here is probably this: should we keep our bases overseas if it means decreasing the chance of war among all nations, but increasing the chance the US will be violently attacked there? Is it worth it?
We were isolationists before WWI and WWII. Did that stance reduce our cost in blood and treasure or increase it? I think it's clear it increased the cost in both. I see the same situation now if we become isolationists again.

Last edited:
The answer to all three of those questions seems to be yes based on their posting history.

i'm voting trump too and imo if you look at his hodgepodge of positions he's not even solidly conservative he's closer to center/dem. tagging him as right wing is misguided. his words perhaps. his appeal to the loons on teh extreme. but that's not policy
Fo shoooo! The only “conservative “ thing he did was pump up the pride and confidence of the lower and middle classes. Pumped up freedoms of self responsibility and removed the barriers to entry that the dems intentionally put in place, so they have a slave mentality voter base.
He spent like a heroine addicted navy boat driver! …. We gotta fix that last part, but he’s no “total” conservative. That may come from the fact his #1 rule in life is, in negotiation (art of the deal) is that everyone has to walk away with a win of some kind.
The swamp , which includes all the msdnc media, burry this… because they need the Auschwitz mentality dem voter to stay in striped cloths and vote them in power!

Reactions: DANC
That's not true Aloha. Trump signed off on the Space Force which was a big deal IMO. You don't think so?

Actually, I'm not sure that was necessary. We already had a US Space Command, and I don't think it was necessary to create a Space Force. I also think separating the US Army Air Corps from the Army and making it the Air Force was a mistake. The most integrated Land, Air and Sea forces are the US Navy and Marine Corps. That's the right model.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT